• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Horror Intros

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I recently watched 2018's Halloween, and I absolutely loved its throwbacks to the original as well as the borderline supernatural aura it manages to give Michael Myers.

This scene is one of my favorite intros of any horror movie I've watched. It brilliantly sets the atmosphere and gives Michael Myers his aura for the rest of the movie:

(The spoiler tag is just so that the thread doesn't lag; this is just the intro and has no real spoilers.)

What are your favorite intros from horror movies?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Love the opening of Cabin in the Woods. Sets up the movie as both a horror and a deconstruction of the horror genre.
Spoils for the end of the movie:
A bunch of 'corporate' stooges working for the old gods who represent the audience demand formulaic horror tropes for their amusement. So once a year they must put out a convincing sacrifice with the framework of slasher films or the old gods will wake up and destroy everything.

Erebus

Hellraiser is a good one. Sets up the tone of the film perfectly with Frank's nervous excitement at opening the Lemarchand configuration and what happens when he does.

I can't share the intro here as it's most definitely not PG-13 even if it is a little dated by now. Instead, I'll share the theme music:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It takes me a long time to get through a scary movie, even if it is funny. I still haven't seen every minute of Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. It is funny in parts though.

It starts with a group of nubile college students, as so many of these things do, and is at first presented from their perspective. They stop for beer and encounter Tucker (Alan Tudyk) and Dale (Tyler Labine), who in this first pass are framed as menacing.
But then, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil shifts the perspective to the titular characters. They’re just a couple of guys taking a weekend trip, and jumping to a conclusion about their intentions based on their appearance is wholly unwarranted.
Quotation is a piece from: Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (and Arrogance) | 25YL | Horror

Cooky

Veteran Member
I recently watched 2018's Halloween, and I absolutely loved its throwbacks to the original as well as the borderline supernatural aura it manages to give Michael Myers.

This scene is one of my favorite intros of any horror movie I've watched. It brilliantly sets the atmosphere and gives Michael Myers his aura for the rest of the movie:

(The spoiler tag is just so that the thread doesn't lag; this is just the intro and has no real spoilers.)

What are your favorite intros from horror movies?

Good movie idea, I just finished watching it on Amazon. I liked it. :thumbsup: