• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best chilli dog!??

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting
I hate cauliflower with a fiery passion. But coat it in various spices and I’ll eat it for days lol
In my youth there were foods that I did not like. The funk from raw cabbage or cauliflower or its various relatives was too much for me. Did I lose those tastebuds? Cooked there are a lot of interesting things one can do with those plants.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
In my youth there were foods that I did not like. The funk from raw cabbage or cauliflower or its various relatives was too much for me. Did I lose those tastebuds? Cooked there are a lot of interesting things one can do with those plants.
I honestly think my dislike of veggies as a kid comes primarily from growing up in an Indian (half) household.
My mother would intentionally curry the veggies but the recipe often, by default, allow one to sort of “dissolve” ingredients. If that makes sense? So I was eating my veggies but they were pretty much hidden or absorbed by curry. When my father had to make me meals, he was a typical “steak and veggies” bloke. And honestly the veggies in comparison were often rather bland to me. Just a dash of salt and pepper is really nothing compared to the various spices mum uses lol
Though I did enjoy roasted veggies. But again usually because the mums would add a few extra spices for flavour

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I honestly think my dislike of veggies as a kid comes primarily from growing up in an Indian (half) household.
My mother would intentionally curry the veggies but the recipe often, by default, allow one to sort of “dissolve” ingredients. If that makes sense? So I was eating my veggies but they were pretty much hidden or absorbed by curry. When my father had to make me meals, he was a typical “steak and veggies” bloke. And honestly the veggies in comparison were often rather bland to me. Just a dash of salt and pepper is really nothing compared to the various spices mum uses lol
Though I did enjoy roasted veggies. But again usually because the mums would add a few extra spices for flavour
Curries are great. I had no exposure to them until my twenties. And oven roasted vegetables are very different from boiled. Far too often boiled is bland.