• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best chilli dog!??

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay so this is clearly more of an American thing
But recipes have been popping up left right and centre here about how to recreate the best chilli dog experience ever

What are your fave recipes?
Places that serve them?
Your own unique twist?
Comment below and let me know! Since I am beyond curious and really want to try this yummy staple lol

For reference this is what my Google showed me
Chili dogs
thoughts?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not American and i would not know where to buy a chilli dog within at least 450km and probably not then.

However. Toulouse sausage is nice just fried, grilled or cooked on a bbq. I sometimes like to sprinkle some Cayenne pepper for bite and chilli powder for flavour.

Served on a roll it's a meal.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Not American and i would not know where to buy a chilli dog within at least 450km and probably not then.

However. Toulouse sausage is nice just fried, grilled or cooked on a bbq. I sometimes like to sprinkle some Cayenne pepper for bite and chilli powder for flavour.

Ooohh Toulouse sausage
Sounds interesting
What’s it like?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I sometimes go to Wienerschnitzel for chili dogs.

f049af9d7270285888d93a36e515a19d.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My fancy gourmet recipe: Cook hotdog, dice onion, open and heat can of chili sauce, open and heat jar of cheese sauce, take bun, add hotdog, apply onions and sauces.

Viker

Häxan
I recently started using this recipe for the chili sauce.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
4 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
1 cup chopped sweet onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Dashes of salt and pepper to personal taste

Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef and sausage to the pot breaking it up into small pieces with a fork. The smaller the pieces, the better your chili will be!
Continue cooking the meat until browned and no longer pink, approximately 7-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the pot and transfer to a large bowl. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
Add the onion to the pot with the reserved fat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika and tomato paste to the onion mixture stirring to combine. Continue to cook the onions until the tomato paste turns a deep Burgundy color, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, espresso powder and vinegar. Return the beef and sausage back to the pot and stir to combine.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Check for seasoning again adding salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.

I use all beef franks.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My requirements for a good chili dog is a sturdy enough bun, a good hotdog (all beef, higher quality), and a chili sauce and cheese sauce that are spicy. It must be spicy! Without heat it's just sloppy mess of a weird meat sauce with no right to exist and cheese sauce better used elsewhere.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

What is tooloose sausage?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what the best chilidog is, but I like them. In my opinion it requires a good quality beef hotdog and really good chili. But I have enjoyed them with cheap hot dogs and good chili too.