• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Bible version for study?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am going to reread the Bible again. I’ve read it in King James Version a couple of times. I would like to do a different version this time, I heard that the New Revised Standard Version was good for study because it was accurate with translations. Not sure where I heard it from though.
What Bible version is your personal favorite? Which one do you think is the most accurate in terms of translation? Is there a specific version that is best for studying?
When I was a Christian I had "The Book"

It read just like a novel in plain English.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Are you under the impression that the Jerusalem Bible is the only translations that contains footnotes and other study material?
I don't doubt there are other translations with footnotes.
I bought the written Jerusalem bible some time ago based on recommendation because those footnotes have been verified trough several revisions and have been written by Dominicans which I consider trust worthy source.

Regarding translations I'm careful, for me only catholic translations are acceptable, so that's 1 additional plus for the Jerusalem bible.