• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Anime and Gaming Music Videos (AMV & GMV)

Daemon Sophic

Usually when a band has a music video created around the song, there's scenes of the band, the singer, and often a bunch of nonsense scenes that may or may not have anything to do with the song. Certainly they are not compelling beyond seeing scantly clad and athletic young women and men dancing provocatively.

What I find to be much more entertaining are gaming music videos as well as anime music videos. These are usually created by fans as a tribute to either the music, or to the game/anime. The quality of their construction varies greatly, but some clearly outshine the professional Hollywood productions.
Here are a few examples that I find to have been rather well made.
Please enjoy, and feel free to add any that you like too.

This one is based on the game mass effect, for those who are blessed to have played it.
another mass effect video, this one with Adele's Skyfall.
and last both a song and anime that I enjoy, RWBY set to Uptown Funk.

Nyiix

Animeee :D, these make me shiver every time

Shingeki no Kyojin

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Update: I just realized this is not really what you meant.. but okii, still great Anime openings ^^

Last edited:

Sultan Of Swing

Usually when a band has a music video created around the song, there's scenes of the band, the singer, and often a bunch of nonsense scenes that may or may not have anything to do with the song. Certainly they are not compelling beyond seeing scantly clad and athletic young women and men dancing provocatively.

What I find to be much more entertaining are gaming music videos as well as anime music videos. These are usually created by fans as a tribute to either the music, or to the game/anime. The quality of their construction varies greatly, but some clearly outshine the professional Hollywood productions.
Here are a few examples that I find to have been rather well made.
Please enjoy, and feel free to add any that you like too.

This one is based on the game mass effect, for those who are blessed to have played it.
another mass effect video, this one with Adele's Skyfall.
and last both a song and anime that I enjoy, RWBY set to Uptown Funk.
Mass Effect is my fave video game series, love those vids, thanks for sharing!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hm.....

And this one's not actually that good an AMV, but it's one of the first ones I ever found back in the old days of Youtube, and sort of reminds me of just how bad the quality used to be, so it's nostalgic for me. LOL

Sultan Of Swing

Strange how well the Coldplay lyrics fit with Code Geass, wasn't expecting it haha. (And there are big spoilers in it, so if you haven't watched Code Geass and plan on doing so, then don't watch the vid)

This one has to be my fave (Disney ftw):

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

Song: Lux Aeterna (a.k.a. Requiem for a Dream). Game: Halo (primarily Reach)

PS. - Reach was definitely the best of the Halo franchise.

Daemon Sophic

This one has a bit of a story to it and a happy coincidence.
The makers of Skyrim created a one minute long video trailer with an unremarkable soundtrack.
Some months after the release of Skyrim a young singer named Malukah performed the song "The Dragonborn Comes", based upon a short song built into the game.
Someone realized that her song was two minutes in length and that by playing the official trailer at 50% speed while playing Malukah's song over it, it would creat this particular piece of awesomeness. Enjoy.

Daemon Sophic

I am embarrassed that I didn't post this one up before. I consider it to be the first amazingly well put together gaming music video, with the added bonus that it took an all out gore-fest bloody action video game, and made it movingly touching with such a gentle poignant song. The video includes some perfect cut scene clips like in the first few seconds where a drop of water (a tear?) falls into the puddle that the grizzled war veteran is crouched over, as well as the scene with the boy huddled in fear as the lyrics sing along "Children waiting for the day they feel good. Happy birthday, happy birth-day."

This is art.