• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best and worst state economies in 2021

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From Fox business - for those inclined to dismiss the findings based on political bias. It seems the level of taxation does not predict winners. That has been the finding before and this confirms that finding:

The best and worst state economies in 2021

Here are the states with the best economies and those contributing most to overall GDP.
1. Utah
2. Washington
3. California
4. Massachusetts
5. Idaho
6. Colorado
7. Maryland
8. Oregon
9. Arizona
10. Georgia

Here are the states (plus the District of Columbia) with the worst economies, struggling the most.
51. Hawaii
50. West Virginia
49. Louisiana
48. Alaska
47. Oklahoma
46. Kentucky
45. Nevada
44. Maine
43. Mississippi
42. Wyoming

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm surprised although not surprised to see Arizona in the top ten. Overall, Arizona's stats tend to look good, but it doesn't really "trickle down" as some people might believe.

Another surprise is seeing that there are eight states currently worse off than Mississippi. They're coming up in the rankings.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From Fox business - for those inclined to dismiss the findings based on political bias. It seems the level of taxation does not predict winners. That has been the finding before and this confirms that finding:

The best and worst state economies in 2021

Here are the states with the best economies and those contributing most to overall GDP.
1. Utah
2. Washington
3. California
4. Massachusetts
5. Idaho
6. Colorado
7. Maryland
8. Oregon
9. Arizona
10. Georgia

Here are the states (plus the District of Columbia) with the worst economies, struggling the most.
51. Hawaii
50. West Virginia
49. Louisiana
48. Alaska
47. Oklahoma
46. Kentucky
45. Nevada
44. Maine
43. Mississippi
42. Wyoming
Another way to look at it:
Top 10
Red
Blue
Blue
Blue
Red
Going Blue
Blue
Blue
Red
Depends on who votes

Bottom 10
Blue
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Mixed (they have "the County" that goes red)
Red
Red

I see a clear trend in this.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I see a clear trend in this.
I don't know if I do, because by some accounts red/blue is about cities vs. rural culture. It makes sense that states with more large cities will have more banking, more public spending, more tourism, younger people, higher taxes etc. The red blue could just be a coincidence.

Jeremiah Ames

I don't know if I do, because by some accounts red/blue is about cities vs. rural culture. It makes sense that states with more large cities will have more banking, more public spending, more tourism, younger people, higher taxes etc. The red blue could just be a coincidence.

could be

i wonder if we tend to screw facts to make them fit our desires?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Unfortunately, the original source is blocking me, but it seems that they are putting a lot of weight on GDP, number of startups, etc. The article cites median income as one of the 29 criteria, but I'm wondering how strongly they're weighting that vs. the 28 other criteria, or what most of them even are.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
could be

i wonder if we tend to screw facts to make them fit our desires?
..or if we are merely excited about an idea. That happens to me. As Dylan Thomas poem says:
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.