• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best and worst fast food “promotions.”

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So each country actually has their own unique spin on fast food options. And that includes American companies that have franchised elsewhere. Maccas, Burger King etc
You have to appeal to your demographic to make money after all.
But what are some of your favourite and least favourite gems from the endless array of fast food “specialty” items?
Holiday “cuisine”, unique country offerings and whatever goes. Including menu items that have since been scrapped. I’m just curious
I suspect the US has like a laundry list of these lol
What are some notorious failures in your neck of the woods?
What are some underrated gems?
Overrated rubbish?
Comment below and let me know!!!
Here’s some from the Aussie line of KFC items
And for the record I miss the roller lol
23 Fast-Food Menu Items That People Will Probably Never Get To Enjoy Again

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Jack in the Box used to have a Ciabatta Burger. It was made with what appeared to be a legit ciabatta bread without all of the excess sugar of their regular buns. They were really good. A great bun can make a great burger. And McDonalds used to have a simpler sandwich like the Big Mac, but only two pieces of bread. This was not nation wide, but ones in my area would make the cheese version with real Tillamook Cheddar. It was an upcharge that was well worth it.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So each country actually has their own unique spin on fast food options. And that includes American companies that have franchised elsewhere. Maccas, Burger King etc
But what are some of your favourite and least favourite gems from the endless array of fast food “specialty” items?
Holiday “cuisine”, unique country offerings and whatever goes. Including menu items that have since been scrapped. I’m just curious
Overrated rubbish?
Well, I would have a least tried most of those...some of them look like they wouldn't be too bad from time to time...

Back in 1990s, the US chain Hardee's, at least in our area, had some special bbq hamburger as a promotion that was quite good...at some other time in the 90s they had a pork-chop biscuit that I found quite addictive...but of course, that was also a limited-time product...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
(-) Roghanjosh, kebabs, samosas, pakoras, tikkis, jalebis, rasgullas, malpua
(+) Sarson da saag/makki di roti, lassi, chach, dal, roti, veg diet

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I liked the BBQ pork sandwich Subway used to have and their sub seasoning. Everything else I can still order though it's not a number choice on the menu, like a pizza sub or chicken marinara sub.
From Taco Bell I liked the volcano burrito, beefy Frito burrito, and the nacho griller thingy.
The spicy mini tacos at Jack in the Box where surprisingly good.
The pepperoni pizza bites at Arbys where also good.
The only non-permanent menu thingy I can recall I do not like, at all, is the sauce on Pizza Huts Detroit style pizza.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've mentioned them a few times on RF. The Canadian Charcoal Pit, a local to the Manchester UK area burger bar. There patties are made to order in font of the customer then cooked to your liking over an open charcoal fire. The areay of relishes, sauces etc is pretty amazing too. Served on fresh, locally made buns. Delightful.

When i used to go there they only did burgers, now you can create your own pizza or buy a kabab.

The only fast food place i can recommend.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Overrated rubbish?

My fav of the "classic" fast food joints is Burger King.
McDonalds, imo, is horrid.

In Belgium however, we also have some sort of exclusive "fast food". The literal translation would be a "french fry shop". "Frietkot" or "frituur" in flemish.

Classically, it is pretty much a caravan or small barrack where they make french fries and meat snacks, where you order through a window.

I'll take one of those over any "classic" fast food joint like McDonalds or alike.
Here's what a typical one looks like.

upload_2022-10-21_15-23-23.png

upload_2022-10-21_15-25-52.png

upload_2022-10-21_15-28-39.png

If you go to Belgium and don't visit one of these... you haven't been to Belgium!

That's like going to Paris without at least spotting the Eiffel Tower.