• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernard Sanders Surprise Victory

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's a problem though....he's among the best his party has to offer.
(A Yang is much better, but Dems will never nominate him.
They'll pick someone even worse than Bernie.)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Sanders, up in the polls?

Of course you know how unreliable polls can be.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
CNN has it in for Bernie?
CNN Has It In for Bernie

I guess this is old/older news. Not 40 years old but...
I thought Warren was believable at first but then folks started pointing out how staged this appeared.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Has he changed that much?
  • Let's see. He wants to attract industry that pays good wages then and now. So he's the same there.
  • He differentiates between "leave me alone" conservatives and "war mongering" conservatives so there's no change there.
  • He said "we believe in Democracy". That sounds good to me.
  • He was against the totalitarian and authoritarian Soviet Union. That sounds good to me as well and directly applicable to today's authoritarian regimes.
  • He's against concentration of wealth in the hands of the very few.
  • He's in favor of rebalancing taxes to who can afford to pay. Yes, this is what we need.
  • He's in favor of free enterprise, small businesses. So am I!
So, upon reflection, he is rougly the same now and that's a good thing.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Compare anyone to Trump? That's a joke. Or are Trumps tens of thousands of lies OK because he's a member of your tribe?

So it doesn't matter if Bernie lies, just how often he lies? Is there a min max or just as long as it is less than Trump? Kind of a low bar, but whatever.

Why do you think Trump is defending Sanders? Because he can out lie him maybe? o_O

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
  • Let's see. He wants to attract industry that pays good wages then and now. So he's the same there.
  • He differentiates between "leave me alone" conservatives and "war mongering" conservatives so there's no change there.
  • He was against the totalitarian and authoritarian Soviet Union. That sounds good to me as well and directly applicable to today's authoritarian regimes.
  • He's in favor of rebalancing taxes to who can afford to pay. Yes, this is what we need.

Hasn't seemed to change much to me either. Biden OTOH maybe a bit less consistent.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I always find people a bit suspicious who are so stubborn that they never change their mind.
But that's the curse when you are always right from the beginning.

esmith

Veteran Member
No let's hear what he is against. Other than being for your above vice against.