• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believing in Psychics and in their powers

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
well...first of all I want to underline that I start this thread to share visions and opinions on this subject.
Do tell if you believe that predicting the future is possible.
and above all, specify what you mean by future and by being able to predict it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
well...as I deeply believe in the free will, I think that magic doesn't exist.
It is impossible to change things with the power of your mind.

Witchcraft and magic practices are just silly superstitions.

By the way...I think that it is possible to read minds, and so therefore...people's intentions.
so I think that these two twins are really endowed with specific powers. They can't predict the future, of course...but they can read intentions.

[youtube]ISeykXSTmd8[/youtube]

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think it's possible but I'm not clear on how it works.

There are probably different type of seeing the future too; dreams, some direct paranormal insight, sensing something to avoid danger, etc..

I think parapsychology is a deep and serious subject but unfortunately too often it is just a subject of light amusement and often humor. To me the study of the paranormal has completely changed my views of the universe.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe the future can be seen. God exists in all of it. Does God not exist in tomorrow before it is here for us? Yes, I think so. Someone knows what will be so I have to assume someone else can know it too.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I believe the future can be seen. God exists in all of it. Does God not exist in tomorrow before it is here for us? Yes, I think so. Someone knows what will be so I have to assume someone else can know it too.

I think it's possible but I'm not clear on how it works.

There are probably different type of seeing the future too; dreams, some direct paranormal insight, sensing something to avoid danger, etc..

I think parapsychology is a deep and serious subject but unfortunately too often it is just a subject of light amusement and often humor. To me the study of the paranormal has completely changed my views of the universe.

all right. But I need to know specifically what you mean by future

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think the closest we get to predicting the future is predicting possible futures that can occur if a course continues in a certain manner. But one small thing not happening in that course of events can change the entire outcome.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think the closest we get to predicting the future is predicting possible futures that can occur if a course continues in a certain manner. But one small thing not happening in that course of events can change the entire outcome.
That would be my take on it all for the most part. Im a big fan of chaos theory by which any event or lack thereof would essentially lead to or impact other events via relationships that string perpetually throughout. I think psychics have an impact, but not in the manner commonly taken as paranormal phenomena but rather via influence through the people that believe in them as well as the skeptics that deny them.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member

I say Saint Frankenstein is correct in the dynamics. Psychics or what I call Siddha Yogis and Skull Bearers and Sadhus can and do indeed see the future, but it works on the waves using the dynamics as he described, but what they look at is called the Akashic Record. But this needs to be protected from nitwits and "feel gooders" because it isn't about that.

Situations recorded in the Records exist to peek into how one is able to center and create ourselves anew, the Siddhic Masters can even formshift themself to effect a "missle event" to knock an "asteroid" off it's death course which was revealed in a series of "connected dots" in the mandala of the Records.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Craig Warwick is a wonderful man. I believe in his capabilities. He has a wonderful energy

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Craig Warwick is known in Italy as the man who talks to angels.
He says Lady Diana herself was an angel on Earth
..she had a beautiful soul, an energy that is not that easy to find.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I don’t know about humans “predicting future occurrences”. Not in the way Jehovah God can.

I do believe, however, that humans can be given information regarding such, from certain invisible entities, and then those entities can maneuver events in order to cause those incidents to happen.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure. Some of my family and friends have had dreams that came true and had 'visions' or heard things that later happened. I've seen stuff whilst being asleep that has been happening.

I think there's more than we know.

Eyes to See

I don’t know about humans “predicting future occurrences”. Not in the way Jehovah God can.

I do believe, however, that humans can be given information regarding such, from certain invisible entities, and then those entities can maneuver events in order to cause those incidents to happen.

A good example of this is in the book of Daniel. There the king of Babylon Nebuchadnezzar had a dream of a giant statue. And it was made up of different elements, the head of gold, the chest and arms of silver, abdomen and thighs of copper, the legs of iron, and feet mixed with iron and clay. While he was looking a stone was carved out of a mountain, not with human hands, and was hurled at the statute and crushed it and destroyed it.

Now the king did not tell anyone his dream. Rather he demanded his wise men and magicians to reveal both the dream and its meaning to him. When no one could he commanded them all to be killed. Then Daniel heard about it and appeared before the king and Jehovah God revealed to Daniel both the dream and the interpretation of it.

There is a beautiful movie that shows us it in stunning detail:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/video...ediaitems/VODMoviesBibleTimes/pub-dlf_1_VIDEO

Go to 39:40 to see the dream. Everything God showed Nebuchadnezzar has come true. And the event where the stone is cut out of the mountain and hurled at the statue is very soon to be fulfilled. And after that a mountain will grow to fill the entire earth.

These are prophetic words. The statue represented the world powers from Nebuchadnezzar down till our days that would have direct dealings with God's people. The head of gold was Nebuchadnezzar, the chest and arms of silver represented the world power that followed him, the Media-Persian dynasty. Then the thighs of copper the Hellenistic era. The legs of iron the Roman Empire, and the feet of iron and clay the Anglo-American world power. We are living in the time of the feet of iron and clay, of this world power Daniel was inspired to write that iron does not mix with clay, and the people of the world power would not mix together, it will be partly strong like iron, and partly weak like clay.

The stone cut out of the mountain without human hands is God's kingdom government in heaven, it will crush and put an end to all human rule and establish a righteous government of peace over humankind, the mountain that will spring up and fill the entire earth:

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever."-Daniel 2:44.

Frank Goad

I didn't know demons could do THAT!:eek:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I didn't know demons could do THAT!:eek:
Well, yes, Frank… they are attracted more to people who are drawn to the activities mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:10-12. Anything with the occult (through which they can exert their power), if people play around with it, can leave them open to interaction with these wicked spirits!

Abuse of drugs, also, can leave a person’s mind open to their influence.

Fortunately though, it appears they cannot read minds….but by observing a person’s behavior / conduct , they probably can get a good idea!

To think they were once Angels obedient to Jehovah, but now are corrupt due to thinking about improper conduct…. It’s a good lesson for us. To control our thinking, and not dwell on selfish behaviors.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
For all we know, our linear and chronological perception time could be just a particular way of perceiving our reality, much like how we can only perceive a narrow range of light or sound waves and are incapable of seeing microscopic particles without artificial help.

At least, that is how I would justify "prophetic" dreams and such: A moment where our typical perception of time slips or is put into disarray, and we can 'see' into areas of time that we would only be able to perceive in a linear-chronological fashion otherwise, like flipping a plane to reveal that it's actually a globe you were looking at.

It's a fascinating thought exercise, for sure.