• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers in Reincarnation, I choose you!

Sees

Dragonslayer
Oh mighty Frigga! Churn the winds for me :D.

what do you mean when you say experiencing disembodied individuals? Are you talking about "feeling" your atoms :confused:. Considering I slaughter millions of cells every day I do not want to experience genocide for all of eternity.

Hmmm...aware beings/entities/individuals without a body like most of us. Instead of soul, spirit, ghost, etc., just using disembodied individual as a generalization.

Depending on our experiences or maybe those of close family, friends, and such...we'll have vastly different opinions on likelihood or reality of reincarnation/rebirth.

I feel about 99.997% certain what we think of as reincarnation or rebirth is true...based off those experiences and much info I've came into contact with pointing in that direction.

It's possible we're a bunch of crazy folks :)

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
It's a pain in the *** to try and share it with people, you just face harsh criticism and it can compromise your identity, or even your professional life. The anonymity of the internet is pleasant but it's a bunch of ego stroking for many people trying to fabricate some grangerous past life where you were a great person.

The carnage is inconceivable. It wasn't something I would have routinely machinated in my imagination to complement my already healthy ego, which is more often a fall back for my cynic sense of humor. It's good to be reserved on such metaphysical aspects of the mind, delusional aspects of the mind - even though it's suppressed normal functioning part of the mind.. It was also humbling in a way to learn more about myself through such a foreign way. It certainly doesn't make me feel any better about myself, a lot of shame and humiliation, a humbling experience.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
1) Is inter-species reincarnation possible? Do you think a soul can be reborn in a different species?
Species isn't relevant. Life isn't relevant. It's all being.

2) How long after death does it take before someone is reborn? Instantaneously?
How long isn't relevant. It's all now.

(As an example, image your first moment as new being.)

3) Do souls choose their own incarnations?
Depends on what is meant by "choice." If you include intent, that's not being and not now. It's above ("super-") now.

4) Are new souls being made now or are all of the souls already created and reused?
There is only soul. It belongs to each of us.

5) How much of this individual will relate to his or her previous lives? Like, is the personality going to be the same? Or an entirely new personality is created and only the consciousness is passed on?
You are what you are.

JamesYaqub

Nobody Special
-throws pokemon ball-

Been thinking about reincarnation a lot lately. I'm not fully convinced, at least not yet. I just hope to get some insight from believers in it. Answer each question with personal opinion

1) Is inter-species reincarnation possible? Do you think a soul can be reborn in a different species?

4) Are new souls being made now or are all of the souls already created and reused?

5) How much of this individual will relate to his or her previous lives? Like, is the personality going to be the same? Or an entirely new personality is created and only the consciousness is passed on?

This last question isn't exactly personal: In reincarnation, if you can't clearly remember your past lives, and you can't notice reincarnation, what exactly is being continued if not the memories? Wouldn't you agree that our souls are constructed by memories?

So why do we have no memories of past lives? Often people say that reincarnation is so the soul can experience as much as possible. But if these memories are erased each time we move to another body, and start from square one, how can it count as experience?

Are reincarnation and 'nothingness' compatible? (in terms of consciousness, discard soul)

If you are born again, and have no memories of it, then reincarnation can go by as quiet as oblivion. Because in both states, you are unaware that you died.

If we're treating consciousness as brain activity, death would certainly be this 'oblivion', and the consciousness can't attach itself to another body because, in this example given, we consider it biological and after the power shuts off this meat robot the files, memories, information, etc. would be gone forever as well.

But then again, what exactly does that have to do with anything? Because, in theory, my brain activity 5 minutes ago is now forever gone. Translate: My consciousness 5 minutes ago is now forever gone.

The point I'm trying to make here is: It's simply not possible for someone to experience oblivion. It amazes me how every day I keep bringing this up, but I like to think about it. I am sometimes excited to die, I really want to "experience" nonexistence. Like I just said, that's impossible.

Let's say I died. My consciousness (the illusory one extending through my entire life as a compilation of consciousnesses) is now gone. Nothing is experienced. It's just... just. Not even black, and I am very eager to see what it's like.

The problem we run into though is that I can't see what it's like. If I died, I wouldn't realize it. I'm not experiencing some sort of black void, I'm not experiencing anything.

But while my (extended) consciousness is no more, Harry Richard's consciousness is still in existence. His mind full of memories, thoughts, personality, interest, etc. is being experienced by him.

So in a way, now that I am out of the way, I am not experiencing nonexistence. Instead, because his mind still exists, the lack of me becomes him.

I really hope that made sense.

1. No. A human soul cannot inhabit any form with lesser intelligence than a human being. There are two reasons. First is the fact of growth and purpose in life on Earth. Only as a human can a human soul be subjected to the mix of situations and learn. Second is the fact that the way a human soul "connects" with a body is through merging and syncing with the brain. The brains of animals are not suitable. They are not developed enough for us. There is an interesting tie in here regarding the seeming conflict between those who believe Adam and Eve were the first humans and those who cite the already existing more primative races on Earth at the time. I will go into that for anyone who expresses an interest.

Of interest here is to reaffirm that the human soul is not a part of the body or personality. It is only attached to the body while the body lives. The body and personality are one time only. The personality does not reincarnate. The soul is eternal and uses thousands of bodies in it's journey. The soul which is the composite of all the previous personalities and experiences does reincarnate. Before final achievement a soul will have been thousands upon thousands of individual personalities.

2. In the average person the interval in spirit is about three years (our time). The higher in the spiritual universe we ascend the slower the progression of time as viewed from Earth. In a newly created beginner soul the interval may be several hundred years. An advanced soul has more options. He or she may come and go as they please. This is how Jesus was able to both ascend and later descend and appear to his disciples. It is how Gabriel was able to appear to Moses and Mary and later to Mohammad. Never, though, do human souls fail to have specific purpose. In this they select the body type every time.

3. Well I began to answer this in nr2 but here is more. After a lifetime we review and make determinations about what we did right and in what areas we fell short. Then, when the time to return is near, we begin the process of selecting suitable parents in settings that will offer the best chances to try again those things we missed previously. Often it is the selected body type that is of most importance. In all of this the soul is assisted by certain senior, no longer incarnating souls.

4. New souls are being created all the time. This is the reason we see on Earth such a mix of types. So many of us seem spiritually immature while others live differently. Are there those who stay out of the limelight, living quietly and refusing to ever harm others? Yes. And it is important to note that it is seldom the advanced who are in positions of temporal authority. This is the reason we find dictators messing up whole countries and it explains how those we trust to represent us in politics so often fail us and themselves in such obvious and regrettable ways such as being corrupted by money.

5. The human mind is of two major divisions. The lower or everyday mind is a product of genetics and experience. The higher is of the soul which is nothing to do with the physical. The soul is in no way dependent nor is it subservient to the personality. There is nothing a man can do which will result in eternal damnation of his soul. Nothing. Even the soul who was Adolph Hitler will eventually be cleansing of negativity and return to the proper path. When we are reborn a veil is drawn before us and we cannot remember past lives. To do so would be a distraction. Sometimes we do remember bits and pieces though. I myself have a memory from before I was born. We often hear of children who make claims about past lives. Such things are pretty common. Children have not yet become fully immersed in Earth living. It is their relative innocence which keeps the door open, for a while.

Consciousness is a principle, not something specific to any one form. When here on Earth in human bodies we do not, as a rule, remember our spiritual lives but when in spirit as souls in between Earth lives we do. After we pass we go through a process of cleansing to rid ourselves of the negativity of being on the Earth. Then we are reintroduced to our real lives as souls which are eternal. We live in groups with other souls who are compatible with us. Thus "soul mates" has greater meaning. As souls we have the memories of all our physical lives. Our business then is to judge ourselves, to discover our gains and losses.

To say more would involve the reason for it all in the first place. There is an ultimate power which many call God though it is so very high and undetectable that no other reasoning is suitable. This power is that which, using mind upon spiritual substance, caused the moment of creation, the big bang that science knows so well. Since then evolution both physical and spiritual has been the means of achieving the primordial causative reasoning and goals. The process of creation, once begun, continues and evolution, both physical and spiritual, is the means, the action, of progress. The purpose in creating human souls is embodied within the eternal impulse which demands a never ending process of self realization. Human souls are engaged in learning more and more until they finally achieve wisdom enough that they are no longer required to live in physical bodies. Beyond this point new living and purpose, new paths and responsibilities, lie before them.

All this is contained in the various world scriptures but in a coarse form which is more suited to the beginner who requires the format of belief and reward. For instance the idea of Adam and Eve and original sin and being banished is not literally true. We are all here because to remain in spirit since creation would be pointless. We can only learn and achieve through being at the bottom which means in bodies on Earth. Humanity was not banished because of a sin. Human was destined to be here all along. Why are the real truths obscured? Because humanity lacks the intellect and spiritual maturity to know all yet behave themselves. Most people in the world are beginners or average in spiritual terms. They would abuse knowledge. This is the reason that reincarnation, which serves as an indicator of our real spiritual lives, is fought against.

A final word about consciousness. We become conscious as men and women through our brains. As souls our consciousness is of a different much higher sort. As souls we have a much more complete understanding of what we are all about. As souls we know we are eternal. As souls we see the physical universe for what it is. As souls we never hesitate to work to move forward.

On Earth the whole idea of a God, benevolent or otherwise, represents innate knowledge of our real lives expressed in temporal form.

A note on brain activity. In the entire history of humanity every thought ever thought by every human being remains vital on the lower mental or higher astral spiritual planes of existence. This is the reason some people trance and "channel". It is the mechanism whereby prophets "hear God". It is the reason a sensitive man or woman will suddenly know something for no apparent reason. It is often the reason some sensitive people hear voices. It is the means by which so called "psychics" operate. One very great reason we do not know about these things as a rule is that, being immature, humanity will tend to misuse capabilities. For instance our military employs what they call "remote viewing". This is no more than using a sensitive person to connect to others. But what is their reasoning? Do they seek to gain advantage over others? Yes. This activity demonstrates the need for humanity remaining blind to the greater life. But as we become ready, person by person, we "graduate" to the higher permanent consciousness which is that of our soul. We are no longer interested in using superior abilities to negative ways. We no longer have any compulsion to compete, to best others, in the world. Sound familiar? Jesus was one of these advanced souls.

What about religions? They survive and are effective because we all have innate knowledge of the spiritual universe and our permanent lives there.... even though we mostly cannot reason it all out while alive in bodies. Every once in the while the great force which we call God sends a senior soul to Earth for the purpose of providing needed guidance to humanity. Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Mohammad were some of these. Even the Joseph Smith of Mormon lore is included here. All religions are based upon the need for humanity to advance. They are clothed differently being customized for the many groups of men on the planet but they all come from the same source.

Sorry for the wordy response. I tend to get carried away sometimes.

Last edited:

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I can't explain reincarnation, but have ideals of it - along with what machinations I manifested in my mind. These are overwhelming, but still humiliating and depressing. I want to believe in it - but not commit or bring myself further humility, such as even posting on in the this online forum. I've come to the point where I am able to commit to views of keeping spiritual and religious views confidential, at my own folly of sharing to much. It seems like a harmless enough dimension to share your experience - but still it may burden you, particularly if you are a cynic, and as out of tune and sarcastic and immature d-ck head as myself.

As soon as I back out and say my mind as ran awry... A reassuring experience comes to me... The Norse God of Mischeif Loki manifests himself in my mind's eye, and there he says he's going to cut my window screen. I live on the second floor with no way but climbing two stories to that window seal to perform the vandilsm... I was going to cut your window screen... I'm going to cut your window screen. That's to extreme though... A few nights later I'm sittin there playin my video games, my places of distraction an solace.. Suddently something beats on my window and I hear psychotic laughter. Delusion is powerful, but still I'm laughing... No matter how reassuring these deities are I can not commit... Mortal this, mortal that... Trivial ponderings, mortal, mortal... It's quite hilarious.

It inspires so many mixed emotions in people - why this, why that - not their perogative or duties.

I'm also going through laser tattoo removal. Suddenly an All Father like kin appears in my mind, seems far to un-intimidating to be the All Father, but I know he is of the All Father - He says I'm trying to hard at this, nothing a little salt and vinegar couldn't fix. I had never heard of this method, later find out it is one of the first forms of tattoo removal, salt. Time to go fetch a river stone and some Mortons.. I think this entity is much like Merlin. "Heh"

My delusions instructions are sound and direct me not to do this even, post in an insignificant place. They even suggested I go to the hospital - that didn't end well for me. Their guidance is sound but not entirely pathological like the mind may do.

I enjoy it to date, it's become an integrated part of my life. When the lab coats come - I know not to make a ruckus, I know not to go berserk - that will only make it worse. But I am not entirely lost, this has been going on almost 5 years. Re-convincing me, Re-convincing me - soothing my mind.

It's not visual - audible hallucinations, it all takes place within my minds eye. But, for instance, I can see normally and in my mind see what I am looking at and perhaps a manifestation my be there in my mind in the place I am looking. Perhaps that is on the level of "schizophrenia" but I do enjoy it.

These delusions see more over out for my well-being. Even this place can bring me compromise, a few seldom readers here know me as well, find it hysteric.

TL;DR

My delusions are hand in hand part of my "reincarnation" experience. It seems more a sick game, such as many stories have gone. At most I hope not to end crucified, burned at the stake or in the bowels of Tartarus.

Cheers.

glori

-throws pokemon ball-

Been thinking about reincarnation a lot lately. I'm not fully convinced, at least not yet. I just hope to get some insight from believers in it. Answer each question with personal opinion

This last question isn't exactly personal: In reincarnation, if you can't clearly remember your past lives, and you can't notice reincarnation, what exactly is being continued if not the memories? Wouldn't you agree that our souls are constructed by memories?

So why do we have no memories of past lives? Often people say that reincarnation is so the soul can experience as much as possible. But if these memories are erased each time we move to another body, and start from square one, how can it count as experience?

Are reincarnation and 'nothingness' compatible? (in terms of consciousness, discard soul)

If you are born again, and have no memories of it, then reincarnation can go by as quiet as oblivion. Because in both states, you are unaware that you died.

If we're treating consciousness as brain activity, death would certainly be this 'oblivion', and the consciousness can't attach itself to another body because, in this example given, we consider it biological and after the power shuts off this meat robot the files, memories, information, etc. would be gone forever as well.

But then again, what exactly does that have to do with anything? Because, in theory, my brain activity 5 minutes ago is now forever gone. Translate: My consciousness 5 minutes ago is now forever gone.

The point I'm trying to make here is: It's simply not possible for someone to experience oblivion. It amazes me how every day I keep bringing this up, but I like to think about it. I am sometimes excited to die, I really want to "experience" nonexistence. Like I just said, that's impossible.

Let's say I died. My consciousness (the illusory one extending through my entire life as a compilation of consciousnesses) is now gone. Nothing is experienced. It's just... just. Not even black, and I am very eager to see what it's like.

The problem we run into though is that I can't see what it's like. If I died, I wouldn't realize it. I'm not experiencing some sort of black void, I'm not experiencing anything.

But while my (extended) consciousness is no more, Harry Richard's consciousness is still in existence. His mind full of memories, thoughts, personality, interest, etc. is being experienced by him.

So in a way, now that I am out of the way, I am not experiencing nonexistence. Instead, because his mind still exists, the lack of me becomes him.

It is my personal belief, based on scripture and recent scientific discovery, that certain sinful individuals are cloned every third or fourth generation through DNA. It does not pass beyond the blood line or to other species. I will supply scriptures and an explanation on request.

Last edited:

glori

Not sure i can answer all your questions, particularly all the details of reincarnation,
though i have some past life memory .. apparently an old soul ... feel somewhat old
these days ... I can give some immediately after death information as i died from
massive head trauma in this life ... sadly for me the being who met me on the other
side sent me back (task to perform with no clues or instructions), what they call a nDE
nothing "near" about it in my case Drs still confounded how i can function with half me brain gone and yet i got back to independence 2 more degrees and work at a hospital.

So the death bit, you leave your body, perhaps a little surprised to see it on the hospital trolley, travel quickly through what seems a tunnel of dark boiling cloud, to arrive in a room that seems made of light and be greeted by a being i call the gatekeeper, others may identify him differently depending on belief ... 1st a life review ...
2nd meet friends relatives who may be awaiting you ... after which i was sent back ..

I believe you spend some time in that place, before any new circumstance is chosen by or for you with guidance, presumably to learn from new experiences in different circumstances (culture, society, position etc.)

Shalom ... Eliab

I see you are Hebrew by your Star of David insignia; The very early Kabbalist literature stated, "we will have to live many lives before we come out of the pit we have dug for ourselves" or something to that effect. As far as what you feel you saw when you were dead, the scriptures say that "the spirit goes back to God from whence it came", but Ps.146.4 says "his breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, in that very day his thoughts perish", but not the very instant you die, so your own subconscious mind plays back to you your own beliefs when you are revived. I was pronounced dead also, and I also had an experience derived from my own beliefs, very different from yours. Those who think they saw Jesus, show him looking like pictures they have seen of him in their lives, and scripture tells us that he was NOT pretty, so again, it was their own beliefs contained in their subconscious minds that played back to them once revived. I do believe that it is possible for God to pull a person out of time and show them the world to come, so I won't comment on that, but I don't think he waits until they are dead, but who knows for sure.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
I see you are Hebrew by your Star of David insignia; The very early Kabbalist literature stated, "we will have to live many lives before we come out of the pit we have dug for ourselves" or something to that effect. As far as what you feel you saw when you were dead, the scriptures say that "the spirit goes back to God from whence it came", but Ps.146.4 says "his breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, in that very day his thoughts perish",

Yes very interesting, one wonders how many experience this but seldom report it.
but not the very instant you die, so your own subconscious mind plays back to you your own beliefs when you are revived. I was pronounced dead also, and I also had an experience derived from my own beliefs, very different from yours. Those who think they saw Jesus, show him looking like pictures they have seen of him in their lives, and scripture tells us that he was NOT pretty,

:), I was expecting an old bearded G-d, sitting behind a desk in judgement (culture & tradition) .. and not what i saw, a younger perhaps 30 year old dressed in a robe woven
of light (the gatekeeper) who guided me through the Life Review,
nor did i expect my Grandfather to appear 30 year old, i had never seen him that young, and without the hare lip ..
so again, it was their own beliefs contained in their subconscious minds that played back to them once revived. I do believe that it is possible for God to pull a person out of time and show them the world to come, so I won't comment on that, but I don't think he waits until they are dead, but who knows for sure.

As i say above, it was not what i was led to believe that i experienced, and i was most
certainly "Brain Dead" (Basal fracture, penetration by steering column into frontal lobe, right zygoma exploded out, lost 40% brain matter ) for 3 days until my parents arrived to refuse my body to be used for transplants ... the machines were turned off and i awoke
on the way to the morgue ( poor frightened nurse) ..

Shalom .. Eliab

Levite

Higher and Higher

I do believe it is possible, though I don't think it is frequent. Among those of us Jews who believe in gilgulei neshamot (reincarnation), one of the reasons for it that is sometimes given is to give a person a chance to fulfill certain commandments that they did not adequately fulfill during their lifetime. So there are certain chasidic stories about people who came back as animals to help a family member or friend, or to be a comfort in a time of need, or even to hear words of Torah being spoken.

Growing up, we had a cat that we speculated was a gilgul (reincarnated person), because it would leap up onto the table whenever anyone was studying Talmud, and sit, staring into the page of Talmud, purring. It didn't care at all about other books or other kinds of studying, just Talmud. Did a few other strange things, too. Likewise, a friend of mine went to a certain yeshiva (advanced school of Torah study), and there was a small dog that was in the habit of coming into the study hall every day for the lecture, during which it was completely quiet, and just lay there listening. My father says that when he was at yeshiva, there was a cat that came in every afternoon for the afternoon prayer service: it stood for the Amidah prayer (which is said standing), and it left after the Kedusha section of the prayer, when it is permissible for people to begin coming and going from the sanctuary.

So I think it can happen, but I don't think it happens to everyone.

I believe it is not instantaneous, though how long it is I believe varies. I think in between each life, we have the opportunity to step aside, as it were, with full knowledge of all our lifetimes, evaluate ourselves and think about how we're doing, and what we still need to do, and how we feel about it all. For some people, in some instances, we may choose to dive right back in, and get reborn right away. For others, in other instances, we may take a little time before we get back to it.

I think of it more as a cooperative process: people get a say in their incarnations, but not necessarily a final say.

I tend to think that new souls are constantly being generated. I think the vast majority of souls created do get re-used, so to speak, but between population growth, some souls taking the option to decide that their need to reincarnate is over, and not all souls reincarnating simultaneously, there is room for the addition of new souls.

I think when a person is incarnated within this world, their mind begins as a tabula rasa. The knowledge of the soul is not the knowledge of the physical mind. That said, I do think that sometimes certain strong memories or strong ideas or desires contained in the soul can effectively become something like a primal unconscious, never (or almost never) rising to the awareness of the incarnated person, but acting like deep, deep subconscious impulses.

If a person remembered everything (or any significant portion) of their past lives, or carried over whole personalities, much of the effective point of reincarnation would be lost. I believe that the primary reason for gilgulei neshamot is to give a person a chance to "balance their cosmic scales," by countering the unresolved negative acts they did in previous lifetimes by doing positive acts in succeeding lifetimes. Secondarily, it is to afford the person the chance to do whatever thing or things are their task as part of the divine plan, but to do those things purely out of free will, from their own desire to do those things for their own reasons (thus reconciling human free will with having a concept of a divine plan). Tertiarily, it is to afford the person chances to learn wisdom, compassion, mercy, lovingkindness, humility, awe, etc., and then to teach those things to others.

(I should add that I believe that sufficient learning of those qualities over successive lifetimes strengthens their "weight" in the makeup of the soul, so that eventually, after having truly internalized those qualities over several [or many] lifetimes, the soul when reincarnated will more potently drive the developing mind and personality toward those qualities in life.)

No, I think the soul contains memories, but it is not constructed of memories. The soul is made of shefa (divine energy) and spiritual energy, and is powered by a tiny spark of divine manifestation. That energy construct contains the memories of all our lives, and over time develops an overarching super-personality independent of any physical lifetime, but made up in part of a composite of the personalities of all those lifetimes fused with the soul's experience outside the physical universe.

When the cycle of reincarnation is complete, and the soul has no unresolved negative acts, only a large "balance" of positive acts to its "credit," and the person has learned and taught and contributed to the world and fulfilled their part of the divine plan, I think they can choose-- and eventually all choose-- to move on to Olam ha-Ba, the World To Come (more or less like Heaven). The soul as it exists in Olam ha-Ba is this composite soul.

I do not like this Topic. NO living man can stipulate or discuss reincarnation with any self respect and dignity. It is a humbling topic of dangerously delusional consequences. There is no FACTS in this, it is not science, nor faith, but childs play; and as such, I can indulge briefly with you.

1.) Interspecies is as possible as any other "re-incarnation"
- and at this point I will strip you of your false definition and interpretation of re-incarnation and renunciate you with the truth.
Your reincarnation is derived from no scripture. It is Not in fact. Reincarnation is the Enduring impression of your existence on the world. Hinduism: Reincarnation is manifested through your children.
A wealthy man will be reincarnated as a wealthy man. A wise man who does not obtain wealthy will still have a wise son. This si reincarnation.
However, in regards to being reborn, Animals are fair and 'plausible' candidates.

2.)being reborn can take any amount of time, and in fact can happen in the past. technically. It can be a completely timeless event, in which millions of years pass, and you are then born tomorrow.

3.) A souls decision is subject to the will of God first considering it's will.

4.) Eternity is unchanging. All things that exist exist. and those that do not never will. However, I have determined you confuse the term soul, which in a previous article I credited you benefit of the doubt. This idea of the soul regarding reincarnation is in fact separate from you Uni-soul concept.

5.) The personality is subject to condition. Anything is possible. Through God, anything is possible.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I do not like this Topic.
so why post here?
NO living man can stipulate or discuss reincarnation with any self respect and dignity. It is a humbling topic of dangerously delusional consequences. There is no FACTS in this, it is not science, nor faith, but childs play; and as such, I can indulge briefly with you.
o_O

1.) Interspecies is as possible as any other "re-incarnation"
- and at this point I will strip you of your false definition and interpretation of re-incarnation and renunciate you with the truth.
Reincarnation have multiple meanings/definitions, not 1 is 100% correct
Your reincarnation is derived from no scripture. It is Not in fact. Reincarnation is the Enduring impression of your existence on the world. Hinduism: Reincarnation is manifested through your children.
A wealthy man will be reincarnated as a wealthy man. A wise man who does not obtain wealthy will still have a wise son. This si reincarnation.
However, in regards to being reborn, Animals are fair and 'plausible' candidates.
o_O

2.)being reborn can take any amount of time, and in fact can happen in the past. technically. It can be a completely timeless event, in which millions of years pass, and you are then born tomorrow.
According to Newton time is Linear, thus you can't have a live in 2050 and suddenly be reincarnated in the 1920's

3.) A souls decision is subject to the will of God first considering it's will.

5.) The personality is subject to condition. Anything is possible. Through God, anything is possible.
Which one? there are so many Gods and Goddesses to choose from

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
When I die I will be reincarnated into 7 nonillion beings called atoms. I can also prove it as well! Yep yep

Imagine if you could see everything from the perspective of atoms alone. Moving around, forming molecules and watching the molecules fall apart and scatter as they reform over and over again.

Tumah

Veteran Member
-throws pokemon ball-
Am I supposed to catch it and throw it back? Put it in a basket...?

For the sake of convenience, I hope you don't mind if my personal opinion is directly related to the individual question.

It happens that a person can need a rectification requiring him to be reincarnated as anything. In order to finish the rectification though, the item will need to progress upwards (ascending order: inanimate object, plant, animal, person) until it is consumed by a person. Further rectification may include human reincarnation. Alternatively only human reincarnation may occur. Depending on the situation.

It can be instantaneous or take centuries. Depending on when the person deserves to finally being his rectification and when the ideal situation is made to present itself for him.

At best, they may be given a choice between a few options.

All souls to be used were already created. The vast majority have already been here a number of times.

This is nature vs nurture.

No souls are constructed of soul. After the person dies, their previous lives memories are returned to them as there is no purpose in hiding them.

The purpose is to rectify a previous mistake. The more closely the second round resembles the first round, the greater rectification is achieved. For instance, if I stole because I needed money. The second time around, I need to be poor and have the opportunity to steal again (ideally from the same person) and then choose not to steal. The first time, I put myself ahead of others, so this second time, I need to put others before myself. If I have my memories though, then I am not doing it out of altruism, I am doing it because I don't want to be in a bad state.

This rest seems to be outside the purview of my framework of beliefs.

syo

-throws pokemon ball-

yes

yes

no

already created

new personality

that way life is not the same, it is renewed

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
-throws pokemon ball-

1) Yes, sometimes.
2)No, it may take a fair amount of time. The subtle body may exist in a different realm (called heavens or hells.. but those are terms relative to the being itself) for quite a while before reconnecting with a material realm and manifesting back on an earth-like realm.
3)Difficult question, how much free will is there in this life as well? A mixture of innate tendencies, karma and choice. The great beings may choose, but probably there too, duty may compel them (the Kantian type).
4)No, there are no new souls. Nothing never anywhere anytime had either begun to exist or have ceased to exist. Only name and form changes.
5)The personality and the habits are things that are most continuous. Most people rarely remember their past lives overtly, but the innate tendencies and skills continue. Ego is a prideful construct and the most illusory part of an ignorant being. So it does not survive transmutation. Characters and skills usually endure. Beings with greater wisdom and who have cultivated themselves may remember a few lives. Great beings will remember many.