• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers in Hell only - Accidental Overdose

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
To be judgmental means to declare something that someone did as right or wrong, so with Biblical support it is perfect fine, infact encouraged, to point out to someone when they are doing wrong. Besides Jesus, the main point of the Bible is to point out what is right and wrong, and Jesus certainly made many judgmental statements against the Pharisees and the Sadducees. To judge, on the other hand, means to pass sentence upon. To say that someone should not have a chance to be forgiven and should goto hell is the kind of judging we are not to do.

I think you better look who Jesus hung out with and singled out to have a conversation with. Before Jesus, God even controlled certain people's destiny that where running away from him.

peaceful

I believe there is a hell. I believe it is a place on earth, it covers an area where true evil is reincarnated and lives on. Where do you think the saying "Hell on earth" comes from? Have a think about where in the world an enormous amount of evil runs free. Heaven is above and evil and hell keeps us on our toes here.

I think you better look who Jesus hung out with and singled out to have a conversation with. Before Jesus, God even controlled certain people's destiny that where running away from him.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
To be judgmental means to declare something that someone did as right or wrong, so with Biblical support it is perfect fine, infact encouraged, to point out to someone when they are doing wrong. Besides Jesus, the main point of the Bible is to point out what is right and wrong, and Jesus certainly made many judgmental statements against the Pharisees and the Sadducees. To judge, on the other hand, means to pass sentence upon. To say that someone should not have a chance to be forgiven and should goto hell is the kind of judging we are not to do.
Yes Jesus made judgemental statements, Don't you think He could after all He made the rules.....He wants us to care, and lift up the brethern , encourage and offer advice but not judge them.

Take a Look at Mat 7:1-5 Does he not say Thou hypocrite?

It also tells us about not offending the brother, check out some of these scriptures

Use Wisdom in all things....Study to shew thy self approved

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I don't believe that suicide automatically means Hell. I believe that people have chances to repent and learn and better themselves in the next life. I don't think an accident is suicide. But for those who do commit suicide will definitely have to answer to God for that. And for those who are just careless with their life will have to answer for that also. The LDS gospel teaches that "Hell" is really just for a very small amount of people.
The scriptures say that hell enlarges itself every day. Makes me believe more people are going there than what you think. After death I don't think we can repent if we did intentionally kill ourself. How can one ask forgiveness when your dead. Yes they will answer to God, but I think it may be too late.....to reap the benefit of Heaven.

Yes Jesus made judgemental statements, Don't you think He could after all He made the rules.....He wants us to care, and lift up the brethern , encourage and offer advice but not judge them.

Take a Look at Mat 7:1-5 Does he not say Thou hypocrite?

It also tells us about not offending the brother, check out some of these scriptures

Use Wisdom in all things....Study to shew thy self approved

Read these definitions:
judgment - Definitions from Dictionary.com
judge - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Which of those definitions does the Hebrew word used 4 times in Matthew 7 match?
http://htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRGRK29.htm#S2919

Maybe you should study some?

Bishka

Veteran Member
The scriptures say that hell enlarges itself every day. Makes me believe more people are going there than what you think. After death I don't think we can repent if we did intentionally kill ourself. How can one ask forgiveness when your dead. Yes they will answer to God, but I think it may be too late.....to reap the benefit of Heaven.

You do realize that most people who intentionally end their lives hae some sort of mental disorder that they have no control over?!?

How does hell/God enter into that equation?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
You do realize that most people who intentionally end their lives hae some sort of mental disorder that they have no control over?!?

How does hell/God enter into that equation?
Yes I do realize about the mental disorder. I was holding my daughter in my arms and leading my 4 year old son by the hand when I opened the door to my favorite aunt's bedroom. I found her on the floor where she had shot herself....How well I know this happens to people who are ill. She had previous strokes that affected her mind and I was never quite sure about her walk with God...... If she had accpeted Him in earlier years then I do believe that God doesn't hold that person accountable....But on the other hand take for instance the people who go into a school and shoot innocent children and teachers, etc. Then shoot themselves...Some of them I am sure have mental problems, then there are those who are just cold blooded killers and decide to end it all.....I'm not saying what God does in these cases, but I can only wonder......
Yes I believe I have realized very well about these people and mental disorders

Jeremy Mason

Biblically speaking, Jesus is the God of the living not the dead. If one purposefully commits suicide they renounce there faith to the God of the living. As to the judgement of such an action, that's for God to decide.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Yes I do realize about the mental disorder. I was holding my daughter in my arms and leading my 4 year old son by the hand when I opened the door to my favorite aunt's bedroom. I found her on the floor where she had shot herself....How well I know this happens to people who are ill. She had previous strokes that affected her mind and I was never quite sure about her walk with God...... If she had accpeted Him in earlier years then I do believe that God doesn't hold that person accountable....But on the other hand take for instance the people who go into a school and shoot innocent children and teachers, etc. Then shoot themselves...Some of them I am sure have mental problems, then there are those who are just cold blooded killers and decide to end it all.....I'm not saying what God does in these cases, but I can only wonder......
Yes I believe I have realized very well about these people and mental disorders

I believe only God is qualified to make the right judgement. I believe He will take into consideration all of the factors, including mental illness that affect behavior. I suppose I could imagine a scenario where one would kill innocent people and yet not be accountable to God, due to severe mental illness or mental defect. In such cases, we use judges and juries to meet out justice in the right amount and to the right people, considering the mitigating circumstances the best we can. We don't always get it right. God always gets it right in my view.

Captain Civic

version 2.0
If one purposefully commits suicide they renounce there faith to the God of the living.

I don't believe that. I have times when I give into sin on purpose, does that mean I can't receive forgiveness? There are desperate times in desperate people's lives when such thoughts are impossible to conceive.

Jeremy Mason

I don't believe that. I have times when I give into sin on purpose, does that mean I can't receive forgiveness? There are desperate times in desperate people's lives when such thoughts are impossible to conceive.

You are right. There are people who for what ever reason chose to give-up. And I'm not going to judge them. If you chose to sin, and believe me so do I, you have to talk to God about it. I think the whole idea behind Christianity is recognizing those stumbling stones and finding a different path to avoid them. Easier said than done, yes, but impossible no.

Lexey

I don't believe that suicide automatically means Hell. I believe that people have chances to repent and learn and better themselves in the next life. I don't think an accident is suicide. But for those who do commit suicide will definitely have to answer to God for that. And for those who are just careless with their life will have to answer for that also. The LDS gospel teaches that "Hell" is really just for a very small amount of people.
Hell was never intended for humans.God originally made it for Lucifer and the other 2/3 of Angels that fell.
Also, forgive me but Jesus died for our sins in this physical realm we exist in as of now; therefore, when he asks us to seek forgiveness and repent he is speAking in the "now." It is in THIS lifetime we must change our ways and come to Jesus with repenting hearts, not the next-for there is no Next. It is judgement.

Lexey

This thread is literally over a decade old! Try checking dates before bumping threads.
Terribly sorry, and you're right i should've checked the date;however, if this post was presented correctly there would have been no need to disturb it. Thus leaving it dorm ant. From one Saint to another u must know, surely you must that we are expected to follow scripture as well as help out with guidance when someone is mis representing it. Peace be with you. God bless

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
What happens to the souls of victims of accidental overdose? Let's say they were not suicidal but just happened to take a few too many of their prescription medication. Would they still go to Hell, as it is technically a suicide? Or would God be more lenient because they didn't mean to kill themselves?

I do not believe in Hell as eternal and irreconcilable punishment. That is, the word "eternal" in regards to fire, doesn't actually mean endless. It means it happens outside of time. You suffer, and suffer, and suffer, losing track of time until you hear the word of Jesus and are saved. This eternity, in real time may last only a few seconds if you weren't very screwed up.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
What happens to the souls of victims of accidental overdose? Let's say they were not suicidal but just happened to take a few too many of their prescription medication. Would they still go to Hell, as it is technically a suicide? Or would God be more lenient because they didn't mean to kill themselves?
In my former view, everyone meets with Jesus at death and he shares the true gospel with them and reveals his power and divinity. They at that time can choose to cling to him or reject him. As God shines his light on them, if they cling to their sin nature, they will be repelled from the presence of God. And that is what hell is -- being repelled from the presence of God.

Miracle

Christian
Would they still go to Hell, as it is technically a suicide?

I don't think it's possible to accidentally overdose. If you know you are taking medication then you ought to be careful of how much you're taking.

But the example you gave is very broad could you add more detail. What's the drug they are taking and why?