• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers, Debate, or Discussion

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why would a believer, not necessarily a theist and/or atheist, broadcast their beliefs and not believe their beliefs should be debatable? Not open for discussion?

Why proselytize or broadcast if it's not open for debate?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why would a believer, not necessarily a theist and/or atheist, broadcast their beliefs and not believe their beliefs should be debatable? Not open for discussion?

Well, that's easy for me. I like to listen to what others "share" with me. I don't need to "debate"

IF Shared info is good
THEN I say "thank you" and apply it in life
ELSE I say "thank you"

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Well, that's easy for me. I like to listen to what others "share" with me. I don't need to "debate"

IF it's good, I say "thank you" and apply it in life
IF not good, I say "thank you"
That doesn't really respond to why "they" might be doing so.

Just tells me what you would do in response.

Honestly no one really needs to know what someone else believes unless they are seeking validation/opposition. Beliefs in something are not necessarily real except the belief itself.

So why broadcast an opinion?

character is developed through evolution and adaptation to struggle. There is no spiritual/physical growth without challenge.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Pretty good question.

My best guess is that it would come from some sort of expectation of acceptance, presumed respect, and/or attention for those beliefs.
An excellent best guess, I think. It could also be as simple as needing attention.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
seeking validation and recognition from others for their self-perceived religious/spiritual accomplishments

MikeF

Premium Member

If one were indoctrinated or conditioned to a particular belief, and a primary element of that belief was that it was unquestionable, then one might be ill-equipped to handle challenge once outside the sheltered environment of their indoctrination. I assume they have a strong compulsion to broadcast their belief because it is an integral requirement of the belief that it be accepted by everyone.

stvdv

Not in Hebrew. Spirit and mind literally mean the same thing. Nor in the English language. They are literally synonyms
Yes, Sanskrit is much more precise when it comes to wording Spiritual concepts

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, Sanskrit is much more precise when it comes to wording Spiritual concepts

when i start to have conversations, discussions with non-mindful beings, I'll take that in to consideration. spirit can also mean will but that doesn't work without consciousness, or a mind.

brahman is consciousness; which literally mind is a synonym for in the english language..

i've studied a bit of, kabalah, alchemy, judaism, buddhism, and christianity. i've never heard of spirit beyond mind.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
i've studied a bit of, kabalah, alchemy, judaism, buddhism, and christianity. i've never heard of spirit beyond mind
Quoting your signature: "as above so below". If there is a spirit/mind below, there is a spirit/mind above. Above and beyond :) In kabbalah it's called Mochin, I think I've mentioned it before.

stvdv

i've never heard of spirit beyond mind.
"Spirituality is beyond the mind"

Meaning:
Silence the mind (beyond the mind) is the key to the Spiritual Realms.

So, first purify all sense organs and body, mind, emotions. Gradually the thoughts (mind) reduce. And you are truly free

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"Spirituality is beyond the mind"

Meaning:
Silence the mind (beyond the mind) is the key to the Spiritual Realms.

So, first purify all sense organs and body, mind, emotions. Gradually the thoughts (mind) reduce. And you are truly free
Silence is obvious to the mind. It isn't beyond.

Hear that absence of the 7th? That is the octave, the symbol of infinity.

Revelation 8:1

stvdv

Pretty good question.

My best guess is that it would come from some sort of expectation of acceptance, presumed respect, and/or attention for those beliefs.
I've been wondering for myself too, why do I share things?

When I know the answer, I stop sharing. As long as I am not 100% convinced I search and share.

For me it is because deep down "I know I need to know" to solve my "lack of experiencing Bliss", which is my true state

Hence I keep searching till I have found it. Though sharing is not needed. So, I think I share, as to avoid what I really need to do, to experience Bliss. Sharing gives a little bit of bliss (good feeling). Others use drugs. But both don't solve the problem, which is "lack of Bliss"

Last edited: