• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers and Disbelievers

Do you believe that God does exist

• Total voters

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Why, yes. That is why the Theory of Evolution exists in the first place. It has been known to happen since the 19th century.
They are just theories not facts .

I don't think life was meant to be, personally.
Indeed life is programmed , if not programmed , your body could be random so you not could live for 1 minute .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I am talking about evolution from specie to another .

the extinct animals during the history has nothing to do with my point .

Not programmed... selected.

Evolution is no more evidence of design than, say, the normal distribution.

Selected !!! who select , and how ? who select the design of human body for exemple ?
The life is different than Algorithm ,bro .

When you born you did not select your gender,and moment, and the most important you would not select when you will die(off)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I am talking about evolution from specie to another .

the extinct animals during the history has nothing to do with my point .

I can only assume you are not using the scientific definition of "species" and are lacking in access to the proper resources, then.

The matter is pretty much settled, and has been for at least a few decades.

Selected !!! who select , and how ? who select the design of human body for exemple ?
The life is different than Algorithm ,bro .

There is (rather obviously, even) no sentience at all behind the attributes of the human body. It just happens that in the tree of vertebrates the human body is one of those who developed from mutations and speciation and happened to be viable enough to survive to this day.

http://tle.westone.wa.gov.au/conten...nce_3b.zip/content/003_mechanisms/page_03.htm

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-selection-pressure.htm

The development of the specifically human phenotype was utterly accidental. Its success at surviving and reproducing when competing species failed at it is not accidental, though. It is a consequence of the selective pressure of the environment.

Had the environment been sufficiently different, humans might well never have developed in the first place. Or they might have developed only to become extinct at some later point.

Or the specific mutations and resulting speciation might have been different by sheer luck of the draw, resulting in no human beings at all. Some other species might have developed sentience, or perhaps no one would.

When you born you did not select your gender,and moment, and the most important you would not select when you will die(off)
True, but I don't see why that connects to the subject at hand.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Going back to the OP, I have to wonder if it might be suffering from a lack of anthropological knowledge.

Most Muslims and many Christians sometimes imply that they expect all people to "deep down" share their very specific and IMO atypical understanding of what a deity is "supposed to be".

God-beliefs are in fact far more varied than that. But Christian and Muslim societies do not seem to like to admit it or to remind people of it. Perhaps because they tend to associate belief in God with important social and moral references.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I can only assume you are not using the scientific definition of "species" and are lacking in access to the proper resources, then.

The matter is pretty much settled, and has been for at least a few decades.

There is (rather obviously, even) no sentience at all behind the attributes of the human body. It just happens that in the tree of vertebrates the human body is one of those who developed from mutations and speciation and happened to be viable enough to survive to this day.

http://tle.westone.wa.gov.au/conten...nce_3b.zip/content/003_mechanisms/page_03.htm

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-selection-pressure.htm

The development of the specifically human phenotype was utterly accidental. Its success at surviving and reproducing when competing species failed at it is not accidental, though. It is a consequence of the selective pressure of the environment.

Had the environment been sufficiently different, humans might well never have developed in the first place. Or they might have developed only to become extinct at some later point.

Or the specific mutations and resulting speciation might have been different by sheer luck of the draw, resulting in no human beings at all. Some other species might have developed sentience, or perhaps no one would.
Nothing new. how much time could surviving that first cell could survive alone ?

True, but I don't see why that connects to the subject at hand.
Indeed it's the most important two moments in your life !
It's important everybody was notice your birth (you could not) and everybody will notice your end (you could not)

you had no choice ,and you would have no choice . (that's what God said in Quran) , even you disagree with , you had no way to run from this truth .

HonestJoe

If you disbelieve, then why you don't believe and why it make sense to you

that such universe doesn't need a creator and that it started without a starter.
I can’t answer the poll because I both “Don’t know” and “Don’t believe”. I don’t believe in any gods precisely because I don’t know. I’ve not seen any definitive evidence that the universe needs a creator and even if I did, that wouldn’t tell us which of the infinite range of potential creators actually existed so I still wouldn’t believe in any particular god or gods.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Natural selection is indeed natural. It is not made by humans, or even (purposefully) by other lifeforms.
I disagree not natural selection , who put intelligence inside cell to build "other" seperated body , male and female .

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Nothing new. how much time could surviving that first cell could survive alone ?

The first organisms were probably not quite cells yet. If they could survive long enough in their native environments to reproduce, that should have been enough to become our ancestors. Considering that the hypothesis is that said environments were conducive to their spontaneous development, I would expect the reproduction part to have been the bigger challenge.

Indeed it's the most important two moments in your life !
It's important everybody was notice your birth (you could not) and everybody will notice your end (you could not)

I don't know that I agree that the moments of birth and death are all that important, but in any case that does not affect the matters of natural selection and development of species, does it now?

you had no choice ,and you would have no choice . (that's what God said in Quran) , even you disagree with , you had no way to run from this truth .
Natural selection has nothing to do with choices, unless you mean choices made by the environment.

I'm still not sure why you are talking about choices.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
The first organisms were probably not quite cells yet. If they could survive long enough in their native environments to reproduce, that should have been enough to become our ancestors. Considering that the hypothesis is that said environments were conducive to their spontaneous development, I would expect the reproduction part to have been the bigger challenge.
I meant how much time could the first cell ever of "meat" could survive ?

If we put a cell of meat in water , how much time could survive , why could be two cells instead , and build new life ?

I don't know that I agree that the moments of birth and death are all that important, but in any case that does not affect the matters of natural selection and development of species, does it now?
Why you don't think that moments of birth and death are not important ?

ah, I know why ; because you had no choice (brith) , and you would have no choice (death)

Natural selection has nothing to do with choices, unless you mean choices made by the environment.
What choices made by environment , why did not choice to body to live forever .

No one did. It was an accidental development. An useful one, for certain, but an accidental one nonetheless.

There was not accidental development in someting intellegence and planned.

If someone come to you and told you the plane,car is made by it self , do you believe him ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I meant how much time could the first cell ever of "meat" could survive ?

If we put a cell of meat in water , how much time could survive , why could be two cells instead , and build new life ?
Meat in the usual sense came a long time after life itself. By that point whole ecosystems would already be in place.

Early lifeforms were probably much like modern bacteria and amoebas, eating by phagocytosis and reproducing by cell fission.

Why you don't think that moments of birth and death are not important ?

ah, I know why ; because you had no choice (brith) , and you would have no choice (death)

They are important in some senses, but I am simply not sure why they would have biological or religious significance. The religious significance will and does depend a lot on cultural expectations.

What choices made by environment , why did not choice to body to live forever .

Are you asking why living beings are not immortals? Mainly because their very existence is accidental. But also because immortality is ecologically quite unsustainable.

There was not accidental development in someting intellegence and planned.

If someone come to you and told you the plane,car is made by it self , do you believe him ?
No, but that (the Watchmaker's Argument) does not apply at all to biology.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Meat in the usual sense came a long time after life itself. By that point whole ecosystems would already be in place.
how much time could survice a cell of meat alone in water .

Early lifeforms were probably much like modern bacteria and amoebas, eating by phagocytosis and reproducing by cell fission.
Early lifeforms is end , not anymore ?

how could bacteria convert to a cell of meat ?

They are important in some senses, but I am simply not sure why they would have biological or religious significance. The religious significance will and does depend a lot on cultural expectations.
Its important indeed , I mean you had no control in your body when come to life or death points .

Are you asking why living beings are not immortals? Mainly because their very existence is accidental. But also because immortality is ecologically quite unsustainable.
do you think why life is not immortal , why humans could not succeed to be immortal despite the science .

No, but that (the Watchmaker's Argument) does not apply at all to biology.
Indeed it's yes , how a plane or car made by human , and human body is made by just like that !!!

what do you think is more complicated the human body or car ?