• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers and Disbelievers

Do you believe that God does exist

• Total voters

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why do you think there is a need for knowledge or for science for the universe to exist?

Because we believe in science.

Why do you think the universe is "managed" in any meaningful sense?

Because that what makes sense.

Nature, being non-sentient, does not have either a method nor any knowledge of science.

So we can create and invent things without the need for science similar to the non sentient nature.

thevoiceofgod

Had a NDE, and also multiple events in my life. :innocent:

Then you are one of the chosen ones who understand this;

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 5
19: We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one.
20: And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding,

Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6: And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7: All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

I'm with you my friend. They can never take away the Truth that we understand.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I see a lot of subject linking and ignorance about the processes of science.
Maybe education on the subject would be a good idea before trying to refute it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you believe in God, then why you believe and why you think your path
is the right path for you, IOW why it makes sense to you.

If you disbelieve, then why you don't believe and why it make sense to you
that such universe doesn't need a creator and that it started without a starter.
It's not a bad question.

My core reasons lay in the fact there is no actual interactive communication and relation with a deity of any kind that makes a belief or religion stand out as being unique and undeniable by way of substance.

The entirety of said communication as things presently stand, lay hopelessly within the minds of people alone, and remains firmly entrenched within the realm of one's own psyche and imagination, whereas everything else in the known universe, from the animals to the stars, remains oblivious, unresponsive, and indifferent to any divine influences by which life and matter consequently goes about as it always had.

This leads to a determination that there is no creator by which one can point out and exclaim divine presence without requiring human intervention to "prove" things in favor of creation in any demonstratable conventional sense in the first place.

In a nutshell if people were to remain silent and still, where does God go as a result?

One reason I have personally chosen a path of doing just that.

Silence and stillness.

It seems to be a practical and honest way to determine directly and foremost if God is actually there or not without enduring contamination of thoughts or actions which has a considerable tendency to cloud and obscure questions for which a number of people beg for an answer.

By letting go the nagging aspects, many answers can come about naturally and unhindred of its own accord without embellishment and fabrication.

Intentional or otherwise. =0)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

that such universe doesn't need a creator and that it started without a starter.

The universe doesnt scream out creator to me. Id say it is self evident if I did not need to read about it before the debate about existence. To me, it is like debating if an abstract word exist materially. That is not how "god" works. I wouldnt even call it god.

Its not that it "makes sense", its that its not self-existing. It is not like seeing the sun and thanking the sun because we know it gives us life. Its not like knowing we have ancestors because without them we would not exist today. It is not like how we know that whatever we do affects other people as well as ourselves.

The phrase "god exists" without context in culture, language, and identity is isolated. I am still me without these three things. The sun is the sun without us. God does not work that way.

Thats why it doesnt make sense to me.

Simply don't see any evidence for any god. How the universe came to be how it is has no relevance in my daily life. UNTIL someone can provide evidence of some kind of creator than the logical thing to do would consider the universe a natural occurring thing.

Aquitaine

Who created the creator, or can the creator be started without a starter?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
If i asked you not to eat pork against USD 100 each day payable to you and to choose another meat instead,
will you accept the offer or you'll refuse it and choose eating pork.

A sincere answer pls.

I could probably do that. I tend to eat chicken anyway