• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers and Disbelievers

Do you believe that God does exist

• Total voters

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Do all these Gods created the universe? how did they agree to do it according to your understanding?

No, they're part of the universe. They didn't create it.

The Sole Eternal Wight, Mother of Life, the First Allmother, is Death. We wanna avoid Death as long as we can, obviously. Her firstborn is Weaver, who weaves the entire fabric of spacetime. But we wanna avoid her, too, for she is a spider. It is from them that the ancestors of the ancestors of the ancestors of the Giants, who are the predecessors to the Gods (and by extension, us) were born.

That's more or less how I conceive of things, from a mythological perspective. From a physical perspective, I just go by the current scientific consensus.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As science has so far unraveled the mysteries of the universe, it does make sense up to a point. That it needs a creator simply hasn't been demonstrated. Just because X, Y, and Z remain unexplained is no reason to resort to a god of the gaps band-aid. I recognize the need of some people to have all their ducks in a row in order to breathe easy, but for a lot of others no such need exists. They're strong enough to accept life as it is despite its unknowns, and can say, "the Big Bang is as good a 'starter' as any," and get on with eating their peas and carrots.

Do you believe that humans with such power of thinking and analyzing is the work of coincidences and the natural selection?
If so, then how you're sure about it?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If you disbelieve, then why you don't believe and why it make sense to you
that such universe doesn't need a creator and that it started without a starter.

Personally, I don't think deities are good explanations for existence - or even an explanation at all. Nor do I think that belief is a good attitude to have towards a deity.

Instead, it falls on science to seek explanations. It may well be that there will never be any for the origin of the universe, but that is not a problem or even important.

As for deities, I think it is important to accept their true role, which is one of inspiration and symbolism.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I don't believe any Gods do or can exist.
Even if they did they would never be able to provide sufficient evidence that they are indeed whichever god.

If you disbelieve, then why you don't believe and why it make sense to you
that such universe doesn't need a creator and that it started without a starter.

I disbelieve because I have yet to be presented with any evidence making a god worth even minimal consideration in afternoon thought.
No idea how the universe started and I really don't care to know. If we find out, cool. If not, whatever.
Who's to say a god is needed to create a universe? Who exactly decided omnipotence was a requirement for universe creation?

Last edited:

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
If you believe in God, then why you believe and why you think your path
is the right path for you, IOW why it makes sense to you.
Man needs forgiveness and liberation from his sin, the blood of Jesus makes that possible. Man does not need the philosophy of try harder which makes spirituality a burden, instead God is most pleased with us when we are most satisfied in him.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I mean the species are not evoluting each other , they are re-creating from each other.
I can only assume you are not quite well aware of what the Theory of Evolution says and how it is confirmed by facts.
Do you believe that humans with such power of thinking and analyzing is the work of coincidences and the natural selection?
If so, then how you're sure about it?

There are lots of indirect signs. The idea of a creator God that somehow meant for humans to exist is particularly unlikely IMO, seeing how everything happens exactly as if there were no such deity.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No, they're part of the universe. They didn't create it.

The Sole Eternal Wight, Mother of Life, the First Allmother, is Death. We wanna avoid Death as long as we can, obviously. Her firstborn is Weaver, who weaves the entire fabric of spacetime. But we wanna avoid her, too, for she is a spider. It is from them that the ancestors of the ancestors of the ancestors of the Giants, who are the predecessors to the Gods (and by extension, us) were born.

That's more or less how I conceive of things, from a mythological perspective. From a physical perspective, I just go by the current scientific consensus.

What is your source for the information? IOW how you could know that it's the truth?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I can only assume you are not quite well aware of what the Theory of Evolution says and how it is confirmed by facts.
I am talking about evolution from specie to another, is that confirmed ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I stopped watching as soon as the guy starting asking people for examples that didn't have to be taken on faith.
In science, you ask an authority for such examples.
He ask them about if science proof evolution from specie to other specie ,I understand all failure , and had no answser !

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Personally, I don't think deities are good explanations for existence - or even an explanation at all. Nor do I think that belief is a good attitude to have towards a deity.

Instead, it falls on science to seek explanations. It may well be that there will never be any for the origin of the universe, but that is not a problem or even important.

As for deities, I think it is important to accept their true role, which is one of inspiration and symbolism.

Do you think our bodies work and function in a scientific way or in a random irregular way?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you think our bodies work and function in a scientific way or in a random irregular way?
I'm honestly not sure what you mean by those two specific categories.

At first glance it would seem that you are associating science with predictability, harmony and perhaps design. But that is not really what science means.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
He ask them about if science proof evolution from specie to other specie ,I understand all failure , and had no answser !

Well, unlike some cultures, every step of evolution wasn't forced into their heads from childhood.
Only professionals should be asked these sorts of questions, or referenced in answer.

You wouldn't want someone who only knew one chapter of a book to explain the moral of the story.