• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believe it's true and it's true.

Silver

Just maybe
Faith in Christianity seems similar somehow.
Interested in your comments.

Silver

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If it wasn't true, I wouldn't believe it.

It's interesting that we don't have to profess the things we believe, just the things we don't.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Sure, I've no problem with that.

Witch doctors curse people who believe in their power and sometimes people who believe in their power die.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If it wasn't true, I wouldn't believe it.
So you've never been deceived. Interesting . Here, pick a card. Any card.

It's interesting that we don't have to profess the things we believe, just the things we don't.
safe_image.php

Really!

Me Myself

Back to my username
I believe the hell-bound run a way bigger risk of "hell" than those that don't believe in it.

Law of attraction, you get the afterlife you think you deserve.

RedJamaX

you get the afterlife you think you deserve.

Ahh, I too believe this is true...

Which, as much as I hate to admit this, would actually support the idea that all religions are true (strictly in the spiritual essence)... a statement which completely contradicts my logical reasoning in another post which supports that all religions are actually false.

Excuse me while I experience a moment of Zen...

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

Silver
I agree completely. There are so many versions of Christianity, and the followers of any one of them believe their way is the real truth.
I've tried following three versions of Christianity. I was born Catholic, was converted to a Fundamentalist group, and then got baptized in the Holy Spirit and got involved with a Charismatic group. No matter which group I was in, if I believed it, it worked for me.
In a way I think the ignorance is bliss principle can be added here. The less I knew about opposing views and different religions, the easier it was to believe my priests or pastors that what they told me was the truth.
Now I know too much to believe in any one of them as 100% from God. They all seem to have human and cultural elements mixed in.

RedJamaX

Question -

If one is alive afterlife, what were they before afterlife?

Analysis - Before = to precede.
In the scentence "If one is alive afterlife?...", clearly we can see that alive is before afterlife.

Henceforth, by logical deduction it is clear that One is most definitely alive before afterlife. :D

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

Silver

What's interesting about this, is that living beings (namely us) do not act on what is true. We only act on what we believe is true. Further, we act on every belief as if it is true. When we act, reality is altered whether we are acting on an actually true belief or one that is only perceived to be true. There is no take backs once actions have been performed. The universe is irrevocably changed. In other words, reality is created by belief whether it is true or not. And truth is a function of reality as opposed to the other way around. Reality creates truth. Belief creates reality. Thus, belief can create truth as well. Naturally it works both ways. Reality can create belief. And truth can create belief. What's really messed up is that reality and truth can both create untrue beliefs and true beliefs in equal measure and to the one believing there is no discernible difference until after actions are performed based on the belief.

I'm fairly certain someone will say I am wrong about this. And they may even be right that I am wrong. What is certain is that they will act as though I am wrong, though. ;)

RedJamaX

What's interesting about this, is that living beings (namely us) do not act on what is true. We only act on what we believe is true. Further, we act on every belief as if it is true. When we act, reality is altered whether we are acting on an actually true belief or one that is only perceived to be true. There is no take backs once actions have been performed. The universe is irrevocably changed. In other words, reality is created by belief whether it is true or not. And truth is a function of reality as opposed to the other way around. Reality creates truth. Belief creates reality. Thus, belief can create truth as well. Naturally it works both ways. Reality can create belief. And truth can create belief. What's really messed up is that reality and truth can both create untrue beliefs and true beliefs in equal measure and to the one believing there is no discernible difference until after actions are performed based on the belief.

I'm fairly certain someone will say I am wrong about this. And they may even be right that I am wrong. What is certain is that they will act as though I am wrong, though. ;)

So what you mean to imply is that TRUTH, in your example, will be played by the Silver Surfer, while DOOM will assume the role of HUMAN NATURE...

And it would seem that the TRUTH has most certainly been dominated by DOOM.
:ko:

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
So what you mean to imply is that TRUTH, in your example, will be played by the Silver Surfer, while DOOM will assume the role of HUMAN NATURE...

And it would seem that the TRUTH has most certainly been dominated by DOOM.
:ko:

A wiser man than me once said, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

I'm certain that fits into this somewhere...