• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believe it, or not..

Union jack

There was a time in my life when I was influenced telepathically; maybe I still am but the effects are less noticeable. It’s been years ago but I’ll post some samples:

Discipline.

The future is predictable in that it follows the prevalent discipline. It is discipline then that engineers future events in our existence. Success or failure, victory or defeat and bounty or famine, are the results of the particular discipline we follow.

Discipline changes thru adaptation in order to avoid in the future those instances which in the past have caused discipline to fail in it’s goal which is happiness or a semblance of order amid chaos.

Discipline is enforced thru various means, some of which are:1/ Physical force and the fear of it; 2/ Pleasure thru favors such as money, sex, and other gifts; 3/ Ideas.

Out of the means mentioned that enforce a discipline, ideas are the most persuasive. It is the idea which persuades the use of force in the first place, whether physical thru pain, fear and pleasure or thru ideas themselves.

The specific action called for in response to a problem encountered in the due course of following a discipline varies according to the manner in which the problem responds, and the most effective means found for dealing with the problem will be adopted and used in any future encounter with the same or similar problem.

Altho homogenous to their own ideas it is natural to expect the adherents of differing disciplines to have different ideas of what constitutes correct behavior in response to any particular incidence. Conflict of interest therefore is to be expected when differing disciplines come into contact and impinge upon each other and threaten to jeopardize the realization of the goals of happiness and serenity particular to each group’

Deterrents are used to coerce the adherents of one discipline from jeopardizing the goals of the adherents of another discipline; And as has already been noted, the manifestation of that deterrent depends on it’s effectiveness in solving the problem.

The manner in which a problem can be neutralized depends upon the influences the problem is open to. Some instances can only be avoided thru the use of physical force and there are some instances where physical force is ineffective. Wasps are not susceptible to the influence of money and the pleasure money can bring and wasps are also not susceptible to the influence of ideas which leaves force open as a means of obtaining serenity for the adherents of one discipline when it comes into contact with the discipline to which the wasps adhere to.

This deterrent often manifests either thru barring the wasps from invading the space claimed by one discipline, or eliminating the wasps.

Incidentally, the same option of pain and fear that we most commonly employ in the course of securing our serenity in the event of the overlap of spaces claimed by adherents of differing disciplines is the same action chosen by the wasps in reaction to our trespass upon the space claimed by themselves. Indeed, it is because of their choice of action and the vigorousness by which they adhere to it that makes their removal all the more imperative if our peace and happiness is to be maintained.

So the choice use of deterrent employed by the wasps, in the event we occupy their space, is ultimately ineffective in securing their continued peace and happiness.

Union jack

A different angle:

A Model of the Karmic Wheel

So far I have construed the nature of the Karmic wheel to be utterly logical. By this quality alone, it should be quite understandable to anyone who wishes to explore it's workings.

I do not pretend to have wrought these ideas thru an ego based creativity of my own, but to have assembled it from the myriad clues that are presented to me from people and books; so this is simply an effort to gain understanding by assembling pieces of a puzzle into a pattern that could make sense; however I do not now, or ever will, claim that the picture I assemble is the correct rendition, it is simply my translation of what I see.

Thru the application of our desire to understand, and our logic, we will forever come closer to the actual nature of reality.

As I said, the configuration changes with new insights. At first I figured a circle consisting of Spirituality, Emotion, Cognition, Action and Creation; then I progressed to adding Ego as a hub.

As the 'dual' nature of these concepts worked on me, I figured them in and changed the central 'ego' into a 3-dimensional core or hub with Spiritual identification at one end, and ego identification at the other. This core, or spindle as bearing on 4 (so far) rods that surround it. Each rod is identified as a basic category, and each category comprises aspects which are compatible with an actual standing indicated upon the central spindle between ego identification and spiritual identification.

If the diagram is opened up and spread out with 2 categories either side of the core, a sliding rule could equate an indication in one category it's necessary and obvious reciprocating indications in the other categories.

Viewed as a tool, I believe a model of this kind would be useful for those seeking cause for confusion or ill feelings.

If we can accept a cause and we can accept a logical solution, then this tool could provide a step to ease the transition of Mankind up the spiritual ladder.

The afore mentioned categories that surround the spindle are themselves divided into their corresponding poles. So in the'action' category (which I relabeled 'interaction' in order to accentuate the rule that a reaction of ours to someone else's action, is still an action on our part) so 'interaction' is divided into a sliding scale from a lower pole of 'defensive' which would include 'aggressive anger' and such, up thru the scale until we feel pleasant, happy, reactions within us expressing themselves in our actions.

Of course one persons view of a happy expression is not the same as another's. But this is O.K, because in order for the wheel to work, an action of one, must exact a response of another which indicates the other's position on the scale.

Let me give a 'for instance'. Last year an Upland Sandpiper layed an egg in the driveway gravel. We put a wire screen around it to stop cars from running over it, and cats and dogs from disturbing it. A couple of weeks later there was evidence that the sandpiper had met an unpleasant end with the cat.

This year another sandpiper used the gravel for it's egg. There are plenty of seldom used forest roads around and to use the well-traveled spot in my driveway was not going to be constructive towards the maintenance of a species, so I crushed the egg; the sandpiper moved on.

Here we can see that my action would be seen as horrific from the sandpiper's point of view, yet from mine it was necessary to avoid greater misfortune.

This example shows why we cannot judge any action as intrinsically good or evil. To do so would inhibit our overall capacity to understand the nature of reality.

The second category I have labeled 'Creation'; And it is the resulting state that attracts further episodes in our life. For instance the sandpiper may feel rage, fear or hate or futility, and this reaction sets up the next experience for it.

At this point it is a beneficial exercises to view everything that happens from this perspective. Everything that happens is not intrinsically good or evil, it is necessary to set up the next experience. Therefore one may see how an experience of fright sets up future experiences so that we may explore the reasons for our fright. Thus, to avoid acknowledging our experience and working on the causes, we will only re-experience that crises in varying ways until we see how the fright reaction was inconsistent with reality. In reality the sandpiper goes on and finds a less traveled spot to raise a chick. Perhaps it retains a horror of the experience it had on my driveway. If it does, it will be sure to re-encounter horror in subsequent situations, in subsequent lives, until it comes to the realization that it was creating the reaction of 'horror' from a reality that was primarily concerned with the self with exclusion of all others. This would be an 'Ego' based reality and can be viewed to exist further down towards 'ego identification' on the spindle of the Karmic Wheel. Thus reading left to right we can deduce it's corresponding attitudes and reactions to the stimulus which it will receive from the experience of life.

It does not necessarily follow that spiritually evolved people will have uneventful lives. When someone grows to the point where they recognize the educational value of karmic events, then the lessons must come in quicker secession. After all; Do we not want to get as far along as possible in this life? Why put off a potentially liberating experience until 1/2 way thru your next life. Try to stay open to the meanings to the causes of an experience.

Again, the events that transpire in the category of 'Creation' cannot be labeled good or evil but our reactions to the events must fall somewhere on the scale between a reaction of 'Love' or 'Hate'. As the reaction honestly rises up thru the scale thru our own understandings then the events we create must become less harsh to our own reasoning but not to someone further down the scale of development.

4consideration

Premium Member
Union jack: I wrote out the below response and see that you have posted a second post, prior to my posting this. I am going to post it as written, without having read the second one. I will come back and read that one, but I need to go and handle some things now.
There was a time in my life when I was influenced telepathically; maybe I still am but the effects are less noticeable. It’s been years ago but I’ll post some samples:

Discipline.

The future is predictable in that it follows the prevalent discipline. It is discipline then that engineers future events in our existence. Success or failure, victory or defeat and bounty or famine, are the results of the particular discipline we follow.

Discipline changes thru adaptation in order to avoid in the future those instances which in the past have caused discipline to fail in it’s goal which is happiness or a semblance of order amid chaos.

Discipline is enforced thru various means, some of which are:1/ Physical force and the fear of it; 2/ Pleasure thru favors such as money, sex, and other gifts; 3/ Ideas.

Out of the means mentioned that enforce a discipline, ideas are the most persuasive. It is the idea which persuades the use of force in the first place, whether physical thru pain, fear and pleasure or thru ideas themselves.

The specific action called for in response to a problem encountered in the due course of following a discipline varies according to the manner in which the problem responds, and the most effective means found for dealing with the problem will be adopted and used in any future encounter with the same or similar problem.

Altho homogenous to their own ideas it is natural to expect the adherents of differing disciplines to have different ideas of what constitutes correct behavior in response to any particular incidence. Conflict of interest therefore is to be expected when differing disciplines come into contact and impinge upon each other and threaten to jeopardize the realization of the goals of happiness and serenity particular to each group’

Deterrents are used to coerce the adherents of one discipline from jeopardizing the goals of the adherents of another discipline; And as has already been noted, the manifestation of that deterrent depends on it’s effectiveness in solving the problem.

The manner in which a problem can be neutralized depends upon the influences the problem is open to. Some instances can only be avoided thru the use of physical force and there are some instances where physical force is ineffective. Wasps are not susceptible to the influence of money and the pleasure money can bring and wasps are also not susceptible to the influence of ideas which leaves force open as a means of obtaining serenity for the adherents of one discipline when it comes into contact with the discipline to which the wasps adhere to.

This deterrent often manifests either thru barring the wasps from invading the space claimed by one discipline, or eliminating the wasps.

Incidentally, the same option of pain and fear that we most commonly employ in the course of securing our serenity in the event of the overlap of spaces claimed by adherents of differing disciplines is the same action chosen by the wasps in reaction to our trespass upon the space claimed by themselves. Indeed, it is because of their choice of action and the vigorousness by which they adhere to it that makes their removal all the more imperative if our peace and happiness is to be maintained.

So the choice use of deterrent employed by the wasps, in the event we occupy their space, is ultimately ineffective in securing their continued peace and happiness.

I seem to be missing the paranormal or telepathic connection here, but I think that you are addressing some information that you relate to such experiences that you may have had. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am mostly speaking to the part that I highlighted in blue.

Working with your analogy of the wasps, I am inclined to view "us" and "them" as two separate circles, each enjoying our own level of peace as long as we leave each other alone. However, when these two circles overlap, and one or both is perceived as invading the other's space, I see potential conflict. Here is where my interest in perspective comes in.

From the perspective of the wasps I can imagine that a person's actual potential danger to them may be perceived as an actual potential danger, where they respond as you indicated. From "our" perspective, we can squash them, and erradicate the immediate danger of a sting from a single wasp, or take steps against a group of wasps, but we are still operating in the same way, or at the same level of defensiveness -- except that a wasp's method usually produces a really painful experience for us, and our method usually ends in death for the wasp.

A typical response of simply eliminating what is perceived as offensive, or dangerous, I think, has been one of mankind's biggest blunders -- or rather, perhaps was necessary then and now is a time for us to let the way we did things in the past remain in the past, and choose a larger perspective that recognizes the value of the wasp -- it is my understanding, from a quick search, that while most kinds of wasps are not directly involved in pollenization processes, they are apparently helpful in population control of various "pest" insects. Too much squashing by mankind may eventually be detrimental to mankind.

I think that within any situation of conflict between individuals or groups of people, the outcome and type of action we will choose to follow -- and whether or not the problem is resolved peacefully or violently -- depends upon whether we choose to focus upon our differences or to recognize and focus upon our commonalities, or common good.

Union jack

Whereas the first article argues against the use of pain in accordance with 'do as you would be done by', the second article appears to accept or promote pain as a means of 'exploring the reasons' for it. I attribute the transmission of the articles to separate sources even tho' similarities exist.

Union jack

A piece touching on mystical experience:

If we think about it we can see how we go about resolving conflict in two distinctly different methods. There is the 'Let's talk about it, dwell on it and discuss our opinions openly' method of diplomacy, and there is the 'Do it my way or else' method reliant on retribution.

In examining the two methods of conflict resolution we may perceive how diplomacy grants the right for everyone's expression, and grants the time necessary to arrive at solutions agreeable to all, whereas dependency on retribution relies on one's own judgment and the immediacy of enacting control thereby, which could be perceived as the manifestation of the greed generated by a reliance solely on the self and by placing one's own desires (or the desires of the group one identifies with) ahead of the concerns of others.

The condemnation of our own natures can open the door to apathy and the mistaken belief that we are unable to change the policies which mold our environment; we accept that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak and shelve any guilt in the unconscious.

Granting that animals can't help but act according to their disposition I wonder if the foundations upon which these dispositions rest can be altered and thereby alter the manifestations that rest upon them. I wonder if a changed reality is a testament to a changed inner nature; and I wonder if a mystical experience can be generated for everyone who sincerely desires to rest their foundation of tranquility primarily upon the mental forces of spirit rather than the physical reality that surrounds us.

Scaling great heights has always excited the spirit within us. The traits which pit us against adverse climates where we surmount daunting obstacles and prove ourselves up to the task is the human trait common to us all and which makes us truly brothers and sisters of an extended family no matter on which side of a dispute our allegiances may lay. As we progress with our lives and discover how much easier accomplishments become we lose that edge of excitement and vibrancy we equate with youth and energy and so set our sights higher and higher.

As our physical bodies peak in development and begin to decline our minds are still reaching for those accomplishments that border on the impossible, like climbing the world's tallest mountains or flying solo around the world. Accomplish that, we think, and then we can relax in the comforting knowledge that we have accomplished most if not all we have set our minds upon. Nay, we would have accomplished more than the average man or women could hope to attain.

Well now that your best years are spent I would like to suggest another goal to attempt before we relax our grip on the zest for adventure. This goal has nothing to do with physical energy and yet stamina is crucial. This goal needs no preparation or expensive gear, just your minds, and altho there may be no physical proof of your accomplishment, and you need never leave your house, none the less we shall touch the stars in our quest, and those fit enough to complete the journey will return with wealth far greater than any physical accomplishment can attain. This lofty peak we aspire to is no less than an individual audience with God.

Union jack

Guidelines:

1) I could be wrong.

2) Try not to attack thru egotistical tendencies.

3) But we will anyway since the ego is necessary for survival.

4) Nothing is for certain; Therefore...

5) Everything is suspect.

6) Try not to hold grudges.

7) Try to perceive God in everything.

8) Make the case for the opposition (Try to see it from their viewpoint)

9) I don't have to direct or be the authority.

11) Know when I'm dumb (Try not to let pride make me overstep my abilities...tho I will anyway)

12) Give pardon (How hard is that?)

13) When we can't forgive that's OK God will judge for us.

Last edited:

Union jack

Faults:

-accusatory BE HUMBLE!
-flippancy-inappropriate levity
-irresponsibility-unreliable or untrustworthy
-judgments based on Fear, Vanity, jealousy, Greed, Hate, Resentment
-Gloating (expressing great satisfaction)
-Bombastic (big without meaning)
-Arrogance (overbearing self-worth or self-importance, superiority)
-Pomposity (excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity, pretentious)
-Egotistic (selfish, self-centered, conceited, boastful)

Last edited:

4consideration

Premium Member
Union Jack, I did come back and read the rest, but didn't post a response at the time.

I didn't just want to leave this hanging and unanswered, since I indicated to you that I would return.

I found it difficult to figure out what you may want to talk about with this -- or to narrow it down to a place to start.

If you would like to continue this conversation, would you narrow it down for me?

Union jack

This was posted in response to a request in my introduction. It's just a statement concerning my attitude towards an episode in my life. As a statement I'm not sure what information you may be interested in.