• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belief and Imagination

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
are belief and imagination necessarily a negative thing??

or can they in fact be helpful and healthy?
Yes, they can be helpful and healthy.

The important thing is to recognize each belief and each imagining for what it is.

It's when you think something is somehow true because you believe it or imagine it that you can get into trouble.

Or as a wise human once put it, Don't believe everything you think.

Workman

UNIQUE
First of all, can you please try to just write up your stuff in a single post, instead of spreading them out over multiple ones where you always just reply to your own last post? It's very confusing to read through and annoying to respond to... Thanks.

Errrrr..... no.

I go to work by car. Not because of anything related to "faith". But rather because of reasons like:
- by car it takes me 9 minutes, while by bus it takes me 40 minutes (no direct line) and there aren't even any trains that I can take.
- I like driving a car and I loath public transport
- I need the freedom of jumping into my car to get to a client quickly when there is a problem, without having to organize my day around public transport schedules.

None of this has anything to do with "faith".
None of these reasons are because "i believe in a car" (a statement, btw, that still seems nonsensical to me... it doesn't mean anything... believe in a car, to do what?)

No. A car is an object, a mechanical device intended for transportation/travel.
It is a fact that a car is a vehicle used for travel.

Also, I don't "believe in facts". I just accept facts. I base my beliefs on facts. I don't "believe in facts".
Again a sentence that seems nonsensical to me.

As expected, it doesn't make any sense.
ok I will be serious from now! I’ll write everything singly...just only I’ve got work right now..and love going to work for my people..bare with me after that

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I know living FAITH and he says he is the only faith and if they are not his friend they won't recieve his holy fire. Ifofacto they are false believers.

You can believe whatever you want off course.
Meanwhile, the actual facts of reality still disagree.

The thing about facts is, that they are still facts - even if you don't accept them.

Workman

UNIQUE
So what does it mean to "believe in a car"?
It makes no sense to me.

In a car, to do what?

It seems to me you need to answer that question in order to make your question sensible.
Believe and faith is everything to do with what we make of life..even when making choices of things we do daily.

In this scenario:
one needs to go work!
In other words one needs to get from (a) to (b)..
You have three options of getting to work..Bus, Train, and your car!
Of which of the three would you choose?
Most would choose obviously the car because it’s much easier and its a piece of mind!..Leaving buses and trains out of the question.
This choice was decided through their faith and believing in its answer is right for themselves.
Due to your FAITH AND BELIEF.
If you still don’t understand
How belief works..it’s a simple belief on taking a STEP FORWARD as your walking!..
You turn left or right because your belief in it knows its direction from (a) to (b)..and if you get lost in your way..it is because your belief and faith is than confused(you’ve lost them both)..Now do you understand how it works?

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
Errrrr..... no.

I go to work by car. Not because of anything related to "faith". But rather because of reasons like:
- by car it takes me 9 minutes, while by bus it takes me 40 minutes (no direct line) and there aren't even any trains that I can take.
- I like driving a car and I loath public transport
- I need the freedom of jumping into my car to get to a client quickly when there is a problem, without having to organize my day around public transport schedules.

None of this has anything to do with "faith".
None of these reasons are because "i believe in a car" (a statement, btw, that still seems nonsensical to me... it doesn't mean anything... believe in a car, to do what?)
Errrrr..yes it does like I said..belief and faith is everything you make of your decisions...
You are confused by its meaning because you have placed a mis-understanding to its real meaning...have made you unaware in your doings making life a bit stressful at some point!

hear me out on this...
So you say a car is much more easier and more freedom to plan ahead!..it does make a lot of sense that way..
But the part where you said you “LOATH PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION”
this was what I was trying to tell you..
Because you have chosen the car as an easier way for you..your belief and faith in it has worshiped it(car)
To be your WAY(believing)
Making your non-beliefs and lacking in faith directing towards “PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION” as you said in your word “LOATH”

That is how it works! Do You now get the point!

Workman

UNIQUE
No. A car is an object, a mechanical device intended for transportation/travel.
It is a fact that a car is a vehicle used for travel.

Also, I don't "believe in facts". I just accept facts. I base my beliefs on facts. I don't "believe in facts".
Again a sentence that seems nonsensical to me.
Your lost buddy!..you have no idea how it works do you?
Tell me in order of having proof of evidence..what would one need for it?
And again..like my previous posts, I’ve explained how one can have faith and belief on facts and objects. If you don’t accept this as truth..than you have no idea of how your inside works..! It’s a shame..because you will have a lot of issues in life.

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
When one thing is easy,
Everything else becomes hard..
Or..
When one thing is beautiful, everything else becomes ugly..

This is all caused from Belief, Faith, knowledge.etc...only thing that is not involved..is its “Understanding!”

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
are belief and imagination necessarily a negative thing??

or can they in fact be helpful and healthy?

I believe belief and imagination to be tools and their true value depends upon how they are used.

For instance science can be used to make nuclear weapons which threaten world peace or ways to channel water to dry land bringing much needed water to millions. It is how these things are used that determine their true value.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In this scenario:
one needs to go work!
In other words one needs to get from (a) to (b)..
You have three options of getting to work..Bus, Train, and your car!
Of which of the three would you choose?
Most would choose obviously the car because it’s much easier and its a piece of mind!..Leaving buses and trains out of the question.
This choice was decided through their faith and believing in its answer is right for themselves.
Due to your FAITH AND BELIEF.
If you still don’t understand

No, I don't understand.
Seems to me that you are simply calling literally everything and their mother "faith", just so you can pretend as if your religious blind faith is reasonable.

How belief works..it’s a simple belief on taking a STEP FORWARD as your walking!..
You turn left or right because your belief in it knows its direction from (a) to (b)..and if you get lost in your way..it is because your belief and faith is than confused(you’ve lost them both)..Now do you understand how it works?

Yes, I understand how it works.
You're just calling literally everything "faith" just so you can pretend as if everyone has "faith", so that you can pretend that your religious belief in impossible supernatural claims is of equal worth as believing literally anything else.

It's completely bonkers.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So you say a car is much more easier and more freedom to plan ahead!..it does make a lot of sense that way..
But the part where you said you “LOATH PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION”
this was what I was trying to tell you..
Because you have chosen the car as an easier way for you..your belief and faith in it has worshiped it(car)
To be your WAY(believing)

/facepalm

No, I don't worship cars nore am I expressing "faith in my car" when I express my personal preference of driving myself over being driven.

When I say that I prefer chicken over beef, am I then also saying that I worship chickens?

Good grief dude.... get a grip.

Making your non-beliefs and lacking in faith directing towards “PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION” as you said in your word “LOATH”

No. Instead, just expressing a personal prefence - an opinion.
I don't like public transport because I don't like crowds. And public transport, especially during rush hours, is SOOO crowded that you have barely enough room to stand. It gives me nausia. I need my personal space. I don't like people breathing my air. Next to that, I just enjoy driving. It calms my nerves. I think it's relaxing - even when I get stuck in traffic jams. I put on some music and I enjoy the ride.

This is a personal preference. It has nothing to do with belief, blind faith, worship, or whatever they hell you want to equate that with.

That is how it works! Do You now get the point!

I still get the point. It's the same point of your previous post: equating everything and their mother with "faith and worship", just so you can pretend as if your religious blind faith in supernatural shenannigans is reasonable.

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Your lost buddy!..you have no idea how it works do you?

I'm well aware of how it works.
I also understand the difference between "belief" and "knowledge".
Between "blind faith" and "reasonable expectations based on track records".
Between "worship" and just "mere opinion / preferences".

You on the other hand.....

Tell me in order of having proof of evidence..what would one need for it?

"proof of evidence"?
I don't understand your question. You might want to rephrase that.

And again..like my previous posts, I’ve explained how one can have faith and belief on facts and objects.

No. You posted a bunch of gibberish and tried to equate opinion, knowledge, fact and reasonable expectation with "religious blind faith" and "worship" - as if they are all the same thing.

They aren't.

It’s a shame..because you will have a lot of issues in life.

So now you also think you know anything at all about my life?

:rolleyes:

ps: I suggest you stop with the badly hidden ad hominims and your self-righteous attitude.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
And as expected of you..it will still not make any sense!
I wonder why???

Because you're still not making any sense.
And that will continue unless you start learning the difference between belief, blind faith, opinion, facts, worship, knowledge, reasonable expectation and how none of these are the same.

Workman

UNIQUE
Because you're still not making any sense.
And that will continue unless you start learning the difference between belief, blind faith, opinion, facts, worship, knowledge, reasonable expectation and how none of these are the same.
This is expected of you..but now you reacting from your ego..it does not matter anyway..it’s your life your choices!..so carry on as you are!..there is no point getting to yah..your so damn in the deep abyss you don’t know how to back out!.. and this is due to not knowing the difference between; To Know.. and To understand!..all the best with your life!

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This is expected of you..but now you reacting from your ego..

No. The difference between belief and knowledge, blind faith and reasonable expectation, worship and personal preferences and likes/dislikes.... has nothing to do with my ego and everything with the english language and what these words actually mean.... :rolleyes:

it does not matter anyway..it’s your life your choices!

Understanding and acknowledging the difference between knowledge and belief, between blind faith and reasonable expectation, etc.... isn't a "life choice" either.

..so carry on as you are!..there is no point getting to yah..your so damn in the deep abyss you don’t know how to back out!

My irony meter just exploded.

.. and this is due to not knowing the difference between; To Know.. and To understand!..all the best with your life!

I note that you haven't answered a single question I asked and that you abandonned just about every analogy you yourself came up with as soon as I started to question it.

And now, in true "pidgeon chess" fashion, you're flying away claiming victory.

How cliché........... :rolleyes:

Workman

UNIQUE
No. The difference between belief and knowledge, blind faith and reasonable expectation, worship and personal preferences and likes/dislikes.... has nothing to do with my ego and everything with the english language and what these words actually mean.... :rolleyes:

Understanding and acknowledging the difference between knowledge and belief, between blind faith and reasonable expectation, etc.... isn't a "life choice" either.

My irony meter just exploded.

I note that you haven't answered a single question I asked and that you abandonned just about every analogy you yourself came up with as soon as I started to question it.

And now, in true "pidgeon chess" fashion, you're flying away claiming victory.

How cliché........... :rolleyes:
Victory? First of all!..This is not a game..was your first mistake..obviously it explains More why you are you!.. you will understand how it works..good luck with your life