• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being of the same mind

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are some people teaching Philippians 2:2 means we should be of the same mind as each other. But according to verse 1 it seems to me we should seek to be of one mind with Jesus Christ. For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.
1 Cor 2:16 NWT

Philippians 2:1 If, then, there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any spiritual fellowship, if any tender affection and compassion, 2 make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind.

The same people say there are just a few people who Christ communicates with. And they are getting away with it.

Is it one mind with Christ or one mind with the few who say they know Christ?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK Maybe I should not have said they are getting away with it. But they are.

Christians, there really, really are a few men who say they alone are one with Christ. They say we are not allowed to know anything about him that they don't know. If they don't like something, even if it is true according to Jesus Christ, it won't be true until they say it is.

And this is OK with You?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does religion say "there is peace and security believing God our way"? If you don't think so please let me know because I can hear them all screaming it.

Whenever a person convinces his or her self that he or she has found the right way of God for peace and security will they keep looking to be one mind with The Christ? Their mind will be for their version of peace and security. I'm sure of it.

If I am wrong, please convince me! Why won't you talk to me?

Johnlove

One who allows the Holy Spirit to dictate to him or her how to be righteous in our Lord Jesus Christ, will become a home of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Such people will be given the mind of Christ.

(1 Corinthians 2:16) “For: who has ever known the mind of the Lord? Who has ever been his adviser? But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”

Personally having the mind of Christ means, for me, that Jesus/Holy Spirit guides all my thoughts.

I ask Jesus what he has for me to do in every situation, just to confirm to myself that it is his thoughts that I am following.

I give witness to my relationship with God, and it is so bazaar to most everyone that they want to believe that I am out of my mind.

It actually angers most people to see me as a competent, intelligent person.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Ponder the Christian marriage relationship. Most days, mom and dad are of different opinions and are yet to be of the same mind(set).

Does that help?

Popcorn

What is it?
If the circumstances of one's life are like the people to whom the epistle is written, there ought to be greater meaning in it than for others, though anyone can learn and appreciate the messages. It's not "be of one mind" like ego doings, but to be agreeable with others in good faith. Each person represents something to others, can't always know what that is when it's about individuality, or what examples are being set for others to follow later on down the road. Sometimes there are people who are too pompous, hellbent on making sure everyone hears their voice over others, but what if at any given time the more subtle voice is what ought to be heard? If anyone is trying to compete with Jesus about who is in charge, there's a problem.