• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being away from a loved one

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
On Wednesday i going to hospital to have a surgery on my foot, because it is a huge surgery i have to spend more then a week in hospital, and after that i will be sendt to a recovery center for up to a month.
This does not worry me at all, but to be away from my fianceè is the part i do not look forward to.

The surgery is adjustment of Calcaneus (splitting it in two)
Surgery on hammertoes
adjustment on instep on foot.
And extention of achilles

But being away from home is worse :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
On Wednesday i going to hospital to have a surgery on my foot, because it is a huge surgery i have to spend more then a week in hospital, and after that i will be sendt to a recovery center for up to a month.
This does not worry me at all, but to be away from my fianceè is the part i do not look forward to.

Surgery on hammertoes

I hope your surgery goes well for you.

Is there a reason that she can't visit you in the hospital?

Why does it bother you so to be away from her for a week? Love transcends distance and time. Is it your true nature that will suffer from being away from her, or is it your ego-self?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you :)

The reason it is more difficult to be away even only for a week or two is because she is partly handicaped and i am the one who take care of her daily. But now when i am injured my self (have been injured for 6 months but kept holding away the pain) I know she will get more problems in her daily lving when i am away. So it is more out of love and care for her it will be difficult.
It is not about my ego :) I can survive even i must be away.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you :)

The reason it is more difficult to be away even only for a week or two is because she is partly handicaped and i am the one who take care of her daily. But now when i am injured my self (have been injured for 6 months but kept holding away the pain) I know she will get more problems in her daily lving when i am away. So it is more out of love and care for her it will be difficult.
It is not about my ego :) I can survive even i must be away.

Is there no one that can look in on her in your absence? Or is there a way that the doctors can minimize your stay in the hospital because of your circumstances?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is there no one that can look in on her in your absence? Or is there a way that the doctors can minimize your stay in the hospital because of your circumstances?
We have asked family to take care of her when i am in hospital but they are often busy. Because of the loner recovery time i can not be home right after the surgery, doctor said if i was home i would try to help as much i can, and i am not allowed to do that.
I want to be to her help all the time, but with a big cast on the foot and not allowed to step on it for up to 8 weeks i can not help.

But i might be able to hire a caretaker for some of the time :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Surgery on hammertoes

Refugee families and people who migrate for economic reasons are often away for their spouses and families for months or years. It's a sacrifice they make for a better future. I know several families from Sri Lanka where the man came here to Canada for a couple of years to get a good job, save money, maybe put a down payment on a house, and then sponsor his family.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall

Surgery on hammertoes

Good luck