• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being an Arab in Israel means what?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In treatment, a patient said that Arabs can't go fishing in Jewish controlled territory.

I don't believe that to be true, but can you let me know a bit about what difficulties one might have being an Arab in Israel?

I would especially like to hear from people at this forum who have lived there.

Thanks!

Tali018

Gazans can't go fishing outside of Gaza. West Bank Arabs depending on what Area they are from may or may not go fishing in the Jordan River. Arab Israelis can go anywhere any other Israeli can go.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In treatment, a patient said that Arabs can't go fishing in Jewish controlled territory.

I don't believe that to be true, but can you let me know a bit about what difficulties one might have being an Arab in Israel?
If, by "Jewish controlled territory" you mean Gaza, this is true. It's pretty much a large internment camp, with carefully monitored borders and access roads, and an embargo along the coastline.

Tali018

If, by "Jewish controlled territory" you mean Gaza, this is true. It's pretty much a large internment camp, with carefully monitored borders and access roads, and an embargo along the coastline.

Let's not forget that Egypt does the same thing also. In addition to the buffer zone they required in the inside of the Gaza Strip leading up to the disengagement, within the past two decades they've widened the buffer zone on the Egyptian side by around 2 km and installed a sort of moat on it.