• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being affirmed at RF

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You probably impact people on RF in influential ways without them having to give you afformation. When you impact people online they usually don't say anything about it but give your post a thumbs up, and sometimes they don't even do that.

What is your favorite compliment or positive affirmation you received on RF that taught you that your efforts here are not a total waste of time?

I appreciate this one:

@PopeADope I see something good in you, from what you do in these forums, that I like very much. I think that you do a lot of good in these forums. I really do see you as a kind of mischievous but mostly beneficent god here.

Pardon my narcissism, but I get to be called a god just while feelin that my RF pursuits and contributions are in vain.

It's a ray of sunshine! :)

Reactions: Jim

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You probably impact people on RF in influential ways without them having to give you afformation. When you impact people online they usually don't say anything about it but give your post a thumbs up, and sometimes they don't even do that.

What is your favorite compliment or positive affirmation you received on RF that taught you that your efforts here are not a total waste of time?

I appreciate this one:

Pardon my narcissism, but I get to be called a god just while feelin that my RF pursuits and contributions are in vain.

It's a ray of sunshine! :)

When I hear other folks, in RL too, support my views, in their own way, to others. I suspect often they are not even conscious of doing so. Some ideas have sunk in to the level they have become their own.

There is an unconscious influence people tend to have on each other.

Reactions: Jim

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A poster should feel fortunate indeed when I call’m “interesting”, especially so if I deign to add “poopy head”.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Would someone calling me “an insufferable twit with bad fashion sense” be considered an affirmation?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I haven't heard it here, but, I've always been partial to:

You're not a clearly insane person.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I take everything in here personally, so it's kind of hard to pick .