• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being accepted vs being right

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's rare, but not unheard of, yes.

And company is still sought. You wouldn't be here otherwise I think.
True but it isn't essential. If the internet were to be no more tomorrow, all lines of communication gone, I wouldn't be thrown into chaos and panicked over such a situation.

It's just a matter of how self reliance and sustainability is prioritized.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
'We' dosent mean everyone. Some actually enjoy their solitude and oneness.

There's no denying humans are fundamentally social animals, but in a world dominated by extroverts it is so damn hard to get a lot of folks to understand this.

What's worse is others will not respect your desired boundaries. That's an aspect I think @Vee misses in the OP. Even if you really want to just say cock it all, often you basically can't because others won't respect your boundaries anyway.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Fair point, but how much are you willing to compromise? I have to say I have a very hard time doing something that I really don't want to do just to be polite.
If we follow that rule, we are likely to end up miserable.
We all do things we don't want to. That's life. And we expect it in return. I never remember wanting to do dishes for example.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
There's no denying humans are fundamentally social animals, but in a world dominated by extroverts it is so damn hard to get a lot of folks to understand this.

I often hear the world is dominated by extroverts... but my world is dominated by introverts... and I feel equally misunderstood.

I guess its difficult to be a mismatch, no matter how one is mismatched...

Reactions: Vee