• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Behaviors that I denounce as morally wrong, inexcusable, harmful, and part of serious social issues

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’m thinking of using this thread sometimes to denounce some kinds of behavior as morally wrong, inexcusable, harmful, and part of some serious social issues that urgently need a lot more attention from a lot more people.

I’m planning to ignore posts that look to me like clouding the issues or diverting attention from them. Some examples of that are personal attacks, some demands for definitions and examples, gaslighting, heckling, and “gotcha!” comments. I will respond sometimes to requests for clarification. That doesn’t mean that I would object to anyone disagreeing with me, or posting about some kinds of behavior that they denounce. I wouldn’t object to that. I may or may not respond sometimes to those posts.

This is part of what I’m practicing and promoting, to help stop all kinds of cruelty, violence and oppression, online and offline. There’s a lot more to it than this, but this is part of it.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Some kinds of behavior that I denounce:

- Consciously, intentionally using personal attacks in trying to discredit what some people are saying.

- Conscious, intentional cruelty towards people whose beliefs you think are harmful.

- Rewarding the behaviors above with “Like”s, “Funny”s and “Winner”s, or making excuses for them.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
More generally, I denounce:

- Consciously, intentionally using personal attacks for any reason whatsoever.

- Conscious, intentional cruelty towards anyone, for any reason whatsoever.

- Showing approval of those behaviors or making excuses for them.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Another kind of behavior that I denounce as morally wrong, inexcusable, harmful, and part of some serious social issues that urgently need a lot more attention from a lot more people:

- Disparaging and vilifying people across belief lines, and across lines between views about religious, political, economic and social issues.

- Showing approval for that kind of behavior, or making excuses for it.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@Jim Sometimes we have to accept that other people disagree with us, Every day here in the forum I experience what could be seen as an attack on my views, beliefs or even morals. And until recently it bugged me a lot, but I found that if i "fight" them back it just going to be worse. I can fix my own attitude, morals, ethics, but I can not fix others. So I will still be myself but maybe think twice before answering a thread, or make a critique of others in an OP.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Jim Sometimes we have to accept that other people disagree with us, Every day here in the forum I experience what could be seen as an attack on my views, beliefs or even morals. And until recently it bugged me a lot, but I found that if i "fight" them back it just going to be worse. I can fix my own attitude, morals, ethics, but I can not fix others. So I will still be myself but maybe think twice before answering a thread, or make a critique of others in an OP.
Thank you. Some of that looks helpful to me.

What I said is not about people disagreeing with us.

This is very important to understand, so I want to repeat it.

Once again: What I said is not about people disagreeing with us.

Responding to a denunciation of conscious, intentional cruelty, personal attacks, and disparaging and vilifying people, as if it were a discussion about people disagreeing with each other, is an example of what I call “gaslighting,” pretending that bullying and abuse are not really bullying and abuse. I’m responding to your post because I don’t think that you intended it that way, and what you said looks friendly and helpful to me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you. Some of that looks helpful to me.

This is very important to understand, so I want to repeat it.

Once again: What I said is not about people disagreeing with us.

Responding to a denunciation of conscious, intentional cruelty, personal attacks, and disparaging and vilifying people, as if it were a discussion about people disagreeing with each other, is an example of what I call “gaslighting,” pretending that bullying and abuse are not really bullying and abuse. I’m responding to your post because I don’t think that you intended it that way, and what you said looks friendly and helpful to me.
Actually i did mean my answer to be the way i gave it :) When i was a child i was bullied for most of the years in school. And you can say that it affected me to how i am as an adult too. So yes i may be a bit easy to wound up and start "attacking" back when feeling attacked because of my views or understanding of the world. But that said, i should also know that my reaction toward others may make them more willing to "attack" me again with their own opinion or understanding

So a little about your question, yes we should take a stand against bullying in the forum, and we should then of course not take part in it our self. But again when you see someone harming someone you know in the forum, and you understand they don't defend them self, or are not able to do so. would it then be wrong to stand up for them? No i think it would be correct. But at the moment you stand up for others, you become their new target. So to balance the words we use here in the forum is very important i think.
There will always be "aggressive" people out there who will use their "power" to dismantle our views or understanding of reality. Some people are born egoistic, some become egoistic during their life. Then there is the total opposite, people who are born with no ego, or become ego less during their life.

So our behavior will get tested many, many times during a day in the forum :) And maybe we just have to accept that some people are very different in their way of thinking and speaking

Honestly it is not easy to get the standard of people you looking for to be in one forum
When this two kind of people meet in a forum like this. yes then it will be some kind of clash

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Are you saying that the gaslighting that you’re doing in both of your posts is intentional?
And what of my post is Gaslighting? Where in my answer did i harm anyone, or went out of topic? Honestly if the answers i give to you i this OP can be seen as gaslighting then i dont know what more to say.
I obviously do not understand the topic in your OP

Invisibilis

@Jim
You don't want to be attacked, then why attack forum members with your post.

Jim, these are your issues and agendas. They are created from your own wants and needs. All because you don't believe you are okay, and must have your needs and wants met by others to feel okay again.

Don't you realize that you have always been okay, regardless of the drama played out around you. It's your own stories of not being okay which causes you to suffer. It's your interpretation of the words printed on the forum screen which upsets you. This is what Jesus meant by, if you have ears to hear, and not your ego-mind censoring what it perceives as a threat to its deluded validity.

If you read it as it is, you will 'know' what is true and honest, and what is not true and dishonest. Even though a truth may seem to hurt, it is only the ego-self squirming which hurts. Truth never hurts, instead it restores and heals.

Most people live in fear. Their life is fear-based. This sort of life has no basis on what is true. It's a dishonest life. To get upset with it only makes you an accomplice due to your own fears about it.

Let it be, and don't pay attention to what does not nurture you.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
And what of my post is Gaslighting? Where in my answer did i harm anyone, or went out of topic? Honestly if the answers i give to you i this OP can be seen as gaslighting then i dont know what more to say.
You might be misunderstanding what I mean by “gaslighting.” I still think that you might not be doing it intentionally.
I obviously do not understand the topic in your OP
Maybe not. I’ll try to explain it to you if you would like me to, but not in this thread.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
More generally, I denounce:

- Consciously, intentionally using personal attacks for any reason whatsoever.

- Conscious, intentional cruelty towards anyone, for any reason whatsoever.

- Showing approval of those behaviors or making excuses for them.
- Disparaging and vilifying people across belief lines, and across lines between views about religious, political, economic and social issues.

- Showing approval for that kind of behavior, or making excuses for it.
I know that I’m not the only one who sees those things happening in the forums. I think now that denouncing them boldly and openly like this, without targeting people across faction lines, might be part of what will eventually help stop all kinds of cruelty, violence and oppression at every level from child abuse to global warfare. I only came to this after decades of thinking about it, and I could be wrong about it. Other people might need more time to think about it, and see what happens to me, before they try it, if they ever do.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
What I’ve been saying in this thread is not about people disagreeing with each other. It is not about “the rough and tumble of a forum.” It is not about people feeling hurt or offended or having their beliefs challenged. It is not about people having different ways of thinking and communicating.

What I’ve been saying in this thread is about conscious and intentional cruelty and personal attacks; disparaging and vilifying people across faction lines; and approving those behaviors or making excuses for them.

I was expecting to see a lot of gaslighting here, and planning to ignore it, but that isn’t as easy as I thought it would be, maybe because I don’t think it’s intentional. I just want to point out that at this point it’s in the form of whitewashing the behavior that I’m denouncing, and shiftIng attention away from it, pretending that the problem is all in the minds of the targets.

Invisibilis

...What I’ve been saying in this thread is about conscious and intentional cruelty and personal attacks; disparaging and vilifying people across faction lines; and approving those behaviors or making excuses for them...
A lot of people do not understand what evil is, so they don't recognize when they are evil.

To clarify. Evil people exploits others to exploit themselves.
Evil feeds fear (any form of tension) so those that take it on board will waste their life energy through being tense (angry, upset, revenge, criticism, etc). Evil feeds of this wasted energy to feel justified, meaningful, and in control. Evil gets a kick out of revenge, gloating, boasting, etc.

As you can see, lots of people partake in such behaviours because they don't understand what love is. They think love is something that you have to get to be loved. They don't know that they are love by being true. Love is the life energy within. To experience love, to be filled with love, is to be loving. It's not about getting love, it's about giving love. Because they don't realize this, they run around manipulating people, places, things and situations to get responses that will fill their own emptiness.

As I said earlier, this world is fear-based. It takes faith to go against the grain of the majority, to live a life that is love-based. So, instead of getting upset, be grateful that you know the difference, even when others don't.