• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning to grow Disillusioned

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I have though not in depth. I've read a little bit of his book. the vedanta way to peace and happiness.

I do recommend looking further into the path. It fits your criteria like a glove. That's not to say it'll absolutely work for you, but of the paths I know, that seems the best fit.

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
This is very unfortunate news to hear my friend. From what you seem to be looking for I'd recommend looking into Sikhism, which is also another Dharmic religion.

Philomath

Sadhaka
I do recommend looking further into the path. It fits your criteria like a glove. That's not to say it'll absolutely work for you, but of the paths I know, that seems the best fit.

I'll read some more of that book then. I liked it, but I got sidetracked reading other stuff.

Philomath

Sadhaka
This is very unfortunate news to hear my friend. From what you seem to be looking for I'd recommend looking into Sikhism, which is also another Dharmic religion.

I'll look into Sikhism also. I haven't left Hinduism, I'm just "looking around." :)

Treks

So basically an inner dialogue? I haven't heard that concept before. Is there a certain way Sikhs are supposed to pray?

Yeah, inner dialogue, you got it.

For information about the primary Sikh 'prayer' in a form you'd be familiar with, please read up about Ardaas. This is a good, comprehensive yet succinct page: Sikh Ardas | WaheguruNet

When considering this type of prayer I always try to remember this shabad (hymn) from page 958 of the Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh scripture - our Guru):

Fifth Mehl:
To ask for any other than You, Lord, is the most miserable of miseries.
Please bless me with Your Name, and make me content; may the hunger of my mind be satisfied.

The daily "prayers" which Sikhs are supposed to recite (which I don't think fit the definition of prayer, really) are contained in the first 13 pages of the Guru Granth Sahib, and some compositions from outside the Guru Granth Sahib are also included.

Here's page 1 in case you're interested: Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib

You will quickly see how it doesn't really fit as "prayer" in the traditional sense.

I wish you all the best on your journey wherever it takes you, be it a Hindu, other Dharmic path or any other. :)

Last edited: