• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning to feel untenable

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Anyone else noticed a recent influx of new and increasingly aggressive trolls to the site? I'm all for constructive dialogue between opposing viewpoints, but the environment is, IMHO, becoming increasingly toxic. Heck, I'm not even a "liberal", not really, I'm just a classical conservative who doesn't like tribal "my side, right or wrong" politics, and even I am close to leaving. How is everyone else finding it? How are you coping? Is this something that's going to get worse in the lead up to the 2020 American election, or is it just a blip?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Go on kang, tell him off... You'll feel better. :)

It's works for me sometimes. Or just post music knowing, all the while your intellect is on a higher plane. I know what you're capable of.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
For the unaware this is a liberal only forum!!

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Go on kang, tell him off... You'll feel better. :)

It's works for me sometimes. Or just post music knowing, all the while your intellect is on a higher plane. I know what you're capable of.

Your intellect is on a higher plane but you can't follow simple directions like Liberal only!!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Anyone else noticed a recent influx of new and increasingly aggressive trolls to the site? I'm all for constructive dialogue between opposing viewpoints, but the environment is, IMHO, becoming increasingly toxic. Heck, I'm not even a "liberal", not really, I'm just a classical conservative who doesn't like tribal "my side, right or wrong" politics, and even I am close to leaving. How is everyone else finding it? How are you coping? Is this something that's going to get worse in the lead up to the 2020 American election, or is it just a blip?
Don't let the kids and yokels get you down, although the mods' apparent struggle with the blatant trolls does leave me scratching my head.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Your intellect is on a higher plane but you can't follow simple directions like Liberal only!!

He is my friend, and I am socially liberal... Mind your own business, as I already said fine. Now you've gone too far.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Don't let the kids and yokels get you down, although the mods' apparent struggle with the blatant trolls does leave me scratching my head.
There does seem to be a definite online trend of people thinking they aren't beholden to the rules they agreed to, and they cry about it when those rules they clicked a box saying they agree to are enforced. Except often they aren't. It's like the idea of parents forgetting they are the parents, but the online version with moderators.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I agree, and can't say I'm surprised. Trump normalizes ridiculous, ignorant, irrational behavior daily.

That said, you've gotta treat this place like any social media - take breaks and remember that there are more important things.

FWIW I enjoy your contributions to the forum. :)