• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Before the world was...

outhouse

Atheistically
Was there ever a time when God existed as a singular being surrounded by absolute nothingness?

Nope.

Evolved along with people's fears, wants, needs and desire to answer questions he didn't know about nature.

When cultures evolved, so did these beliefs.

Was there ever a time when God existed as a singular being surrounded by absolute nothingness?

God is infinite and eternal. She has and will always exist as a singular being. She is everything, everyone, everywhere, every moment, in short God is all there is. It is impossible for anything to exist outside of God. Nothingness does not surround God, but is an apect her her being and essence; as is everything else, including you, me, everyone and all.
Separation from all there is, is an illusion we cannot yet reconcile with, but ironically,without it we we could not exist and experience ourselves as something 'other than'

ArtieE

God is infinite and eternal. She has and will always exist as a singular being. She is everything, everyone, everywhere, every moment, in short God is all there is. It is impossible for anything to exist outside of God. Nothingness does not surround God, but is an apect her her being and essence; as is everything else, including you, me, everyone and all.
Separation from all there is, is an illusion we cannot yet reconcile with, but ironically,without it we we could not exist and experience ourselves as something 'other than'
That would be pantheism/panentheism. And if there ever was a time when God existed as a singular being surrounded by absolute nothingness and "created" the universe then the universe would either have to have been created from nothing or from herself.

Last edited:

jtartar

That would be pantheism/panentheism. And if there ever was a time when God existed as a singular being surrounded by absolute nothingness and "created" the universe then the universe would either have to have been created from nothing or from herself.

ArtieE,
It seems to me that your philosophrasting, is extreme dereism. This is unless you can point to, at least ONE place in the Holy Scriptures that even hint at the idea that Jehovah God is female
Have you ever read the scriptures where God, Himself says that He is a man, Ex 15:3, Deut 6:15-17. Before you can prove anything, your premises must be on a sound foundation. Where is one place in the Holy Scriptures that says that Joejovah is female, or one place where a female adjective is used for HIM???

ArtieE

ArtieE,
It seems to me that your philosophrasting, is extreme dereism. This is unless you can point to, at least ONE place in the Holy Scriptures that even hint at the idea that Jehovah God is female
Have you ever read the scriptures where God, Himself says that He is a man, Ex 15:3, Deut 6:15-17. Before you can prove anything, your premises must be on a sound foundation. Where is one place in the Holy Scriptures that says that Joejovah is female, or one place where a female adjective is used for HIM???
I just copied ben_jamin23. ben_jamin23 says "her".

"
"G-d has no body, no genitalia, therefore the very idea that G-d is male or female is patently absurd. We refer to G-d using masculine terms simply for convenience's sake, because Hebrew has no neutral gender; G-d is no more male than a table is." Judaism 101. "The fact that we always refer to God as 'He' is also not meant to imply that the concept of sex or gender applies to God." Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan, The Aryeh Kaplan Reader, Mesorah Publications (1983), p. 144" Gender of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just call him/her/it whatever the person in the post I'm answering call him/her/it. From now on I'll simply call it it.

outhouse

Atheistically
I just copied ben_jamin23. ben_jamin23 says "her".

"
"G-d has no body, no genitalia, therefore the very idea that G-d is male or female is patently absurd..

Well you are factually wrong.

Do you have any evidence of this?

I do, I have evidence he was male, not only that he was the father of himself if you want to follow the mythology back far enough.

outhouse

Atheistically

Everyone is entitled to personal faith.

Trying to prove this faith by unsubstantiated claims, is where your getting into trouble.

Not only that, your now perverting someone else's mythology by calling their god a female

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
about 9:30 this morning I posted this piece of crap:
~Outside of the natural void that once contained the singular and only original singularity,
there was the only and supreme Panentheist, called the Creator.
From Him came all, including the container that held Him, the ultimate Cosmos.
And He was called the immaculate incarnate god of all gods.
He was called 'I Am what I will be', Moses called Him 'God', and wrote a book about Him !
~
And that's as far as I can go, someone else have any answers ?
~
Just kidding......I guess !

~
In answer to Ben's question about what 'Panentheist' was.
Boy......plag,plag,plag.......and crap
~
'mud

Last edited by a moderator:

ArtieE

Well you are factually wrong.

Do you have any evidence of this?

I do, I have evidence he was male, not only that he was the father of himself if you want to follow the mythology back far enough.
You're joking right? Go back to my post number 9 and read the quote and follow the link.

ArtieE

Everyone is entitled to personal faith.

Trying to prove this faith by unsubstantiated claims, is where your getting into trouble.

Not only that, your now perverting someone else's mythology by calling their god a female
LOL!

"As one rabbi explained it to me, G-d has no body, no genitalia, therefore the very idea that G-d is male or female is patently absurd. We refer to G-d using masculine terms simply for convenience's sake, because Hebrew has no neutral gender; G-d is no more male than a table is. Although we usually speak of G-d in masculine terms, there are times when we refer to G-d using feminine terms. The Shechinah, the manifestation of G-d's presence that fills the universe, is conceived of in feminine terms, and the word Shechinah is a feminine word"
Judaism 101: The Nature of G-d

outhouse

Atheistically
"As onerabbi explained it to me, G-d has no body, no genitalia, therefore the very idea that G-d is male or female is patently absurd.

Wrong, rabbi has no credibility at all.

You need to look at the origins of the Israelite gods. El and Yahweh. early on Yahweh was defined as man, as a son, as being married, and having genitals.

But your severe ignorance of how gods are defined by man, and not know who and when these concepts evolved at which time, has led you to be blind to real history.

outhouse

Atheistically
You're joking right? Go back to my post number 9 and read the quote and follow the link.

Glad your quoting wiki, then I will use it on you.

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israelite monotheism evolved gradually out of pre-existing beliefs and practices of the ancient world.[76] The religion of the Israelites of Iron Age I, like the Canaanite faith from which it evolved [77] and other ancient Near Eastern religions, was based on a cult of ancestors and worship of family gods (the "gods of the fathers").[78] Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings, El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult,

God also had a wife in case you were ignorant of that as well.