• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Before Obamacare, how many Americans lost health coverage each month?

Answer: 2 million. And 7% of them (or 140,000 people per month) were losing coverage from individual (non-group) insurance. Source.

This is due to a phenomenon in the pre-Obamacare health insurance marketplace called "churn". People would lose and then re-enter health insurance due to changes in employment, or changes in what is offered by employers, or life changes or changes in eligibility for Medicaid.

Discuss.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
But wouldn't that imply that the phenomenon of people losing their health insurance coverage isn't specific to Obamacare, and therefore can't be used as a criticism of it?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Does this mean I have to put my torches and pitchforks away? Aww, you people are always killing my fun.....see, the death panels weren't too far off, at least they're killing something. Obama lied again!!

Dingbat

Does this mean I have to put my torches and pitchforks away? Aww, you people are always killing my fun.....see, the death panels weren't too far off, at least they're killing something. Obama lied again!!

I want to be in charge of a death panel especially if I get to wear a hood and talk like Cobra Commander.