• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beef roast

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Most "prime rib" is not even "prime".. I have done a few rib roasts and was rather nervous the first time since even one with choice beef is not exactly cheap. But I have seen arguments for a high temp, at least at the start. One gets a good sear and then lets the oven cool naturally. The meat keeps cooking, but slower and slower.
That's different than cooking it at a higher temp to cook it faster. It wont be as juicy or tender as expected.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If you have high BP and cholesterol like I do, it's better to stay away from that than take more drugs.
Perhaps there is more to it than just salt and fat. Do you think you got it because of that? I have a moderate cholesterol and never much bothered about it, but my son has upward of 400. He has restricted his diet, he exercises regularly, is healthy and active. My brother who is doctor says that reduced intake of fats can make the body accumulate fat as if it starts fearing a famine like situation. Hereditary.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Most "prime rib" is not even "prime".. I have done a few rib roasts and was rather nervous the first time since even one with choice beef is not exactly cheap. But I have seen arguments for a high temp, at least at the start. One gets a good sear and then lets the oven cool naturally. The meat keeps cooking, but slower and slower.

That's the way to do it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The "kit" looks like just just a collection of Vegetables and a beefsteak wrapped in a lot of plastic. I shudder to think of the amount of pollution that would be generated should this sort of 'meal' become common.

It doesn't look like the packing company did much processing except slicing a stalk of celery and onion, tossing in some carrots, potatoes and a steak, and shrink-wrapping them. It doesn't look like much work is saved.
How much would the ingredients have cost if bought individually?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Perhaps there is more to it than just salt and fat. Do you think you got it because of that? I have a moderate cholesterol and never much bothered about it, but my son has upward of 400. He has restricted his diet, he exercises regularly, is healthy and active. My brother who is doctor says that reduced intake of fats can make the body accumulate fat as if it starts fearing a famine like situation. Hereditary.
Sure heredity plays a part. Cutting salt does not cut everyone's BP, for example.