• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Becoming Minimalist

Cooky

Veteran Member
I've been reconsidering taking on this ideology, and I was just curious what other people thought of it:

what-is-minimalism-feature.jpg

MINIMALISM IS FREEDOM FROM MODERN MANIA.
Our world lives at a feverish pace. We are too hurried, too rushed, and too stressed. We work long, passionate hours to pay the bills, but fall deeper into debt. We rush from one activity to another—even multitasking along the way—but never seem to get everything done. We remain in constant connection with others through our cell phones, but true life-changing relationships continue to elude us.

MINIMALISM IS INTENTIONALITY.
It is marked by clarity, purpose, and intentionality. At its core, minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. It is a life that forces intentionality. And as a result, it forces improvements in almost all aspects of your life.

What is Minimalism?

danieldemol

Premium Member
I've been reconsidering taking on this ideology, and I was just curious what other people thought of it:

View attachment 30297

Our world lives at a feverish pace. We are too hurried, too rushed, and too stressed. We work long, passionate hours to pay the bills, but fall deeper into debt. We rush from one activity to another—even multitasking along the way—but never seem to get everything done. We remain in constant connection with others through our cell phones, but true life-changing relationships continue to elude us.

It is marked by clarity, purpose, and intentionality. At its core, minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. It is a life that forces intentionality. And as a result, it forces improvements in almost all aspects of your life.

What is Minimalism?
In general it is a useful philosophy which I have found helpful

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

View attachment 30297

What is Minimalism?

I've tried it out before and I enjoyed it for a out 3 or 4 years. But after awhile it becomes hard to keep the minimalization. Or at least it was for me. I still only try to keep the bare minimum I need,but i don't think i qualify as a minimalist anymore though.

I recommend it though for anyone who thinks this is an attractive idea. The initial "cleanse" of getting rid of the stuff you don't need seems hard at first, but once done you will feel so much better.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 30297

What is Minimalism?
Oh that's easy. Betna and Max are experts....

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I enjoy minimalism. In religion or on computer. I spend a lot of time on minimalism on computer (at the moment Firefox, but I do not have the knowhow).

AAddressBar.png

What I want to do is to put the Traffic Lights in place of the three lines and remove Title bar (or put the address bar in the Title bar) Menu bar and Tab bar. Is it possible? Can someone help? Is there an alternative? :)

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I enjoy minimalism. In religion or on computer. I spend a lot of time on minimalism on computer (at the moment Firefox, but I do not have the knowhow).

View attachment 30313

What I want to do is to put the Traffic Lights in place of the three lines and remove Title bar (or put the address bar in the Title bar) Menu bar and Tab bar. Is it possible? Can someone help? Is there an alternative? :)

Brilliant. Way to show how many various ways there are to practice minimalism.

...Has a lot to do with us being in control of our lives, and not the world influencing and controling us.

A higher form of consciousness.

Last edited by a moderator: