• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Becoming less extreme because of Islam/sufism and Baha'i faith

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't where you got this information from.

Nobody ever suggested Sufism and Bahai were extreme or horrible or evil or disgusting. Can you provide some links to back up your statement?
That kind of confused me too. Islam is ****** I mean really *****.

Sufism still has the jury out, but hasn't been as bad as mainstream Islam as far as I can tell.

Bahai is pretty much self promoting central as some people can't go two sentences without including Baha'i in it, but it's not extreme or horrible.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wish everyone was like you Tony.

That would be a scary world Seeker of White Light, a nightmare for sure. ;) I do thankyou for that kindness. We all have our demons.

The world needs us all, the diversity is the wonderful flowers of one garden, to which you and I and all at part of.

I watched a wonderful movie yesterday about Janet Fame, a New Zealand Poet and writer. The turmoil of her life is sad but inspiring. It is called 'An Angel at my Table' (Netflix). My wife identified with that movie as her journey is similar in many ways. It shows that one can make it through life, despite all the challenges.

I hope you can find your inner peace Seeker of White Light and that your journey finds many pearls of great price, as you dive into the ocean of God's Words.

Ya Baha'ul Abha and God bless always, Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That would be a scary world Seeker of White Light, a nightmare for sure. ;) I do thankyou for that kindness. We all have our demons.

The world needs us all, the diversity is the wonderful flowers of one garden, to which you and I and all at part of.

I watched a wonderful movie yesterday about Janet Fame, a New Zealand Poet and writer. The turmoil of her life is sad but inspiring. It is called 'An Angel at my Table' (Netflix). My wife identified with that movie as her journey is similar in many ways. It shows that one can make it through life, despite all the challenges.

I hope you can find your inner peace Seeker of White Light and that your journey finds many pearls of great price, as you dive into the ocean of God's Words.

Ya Baha'ul Abha and God bless always, Regards Tony
Honestly, I do not know if I ever going to find inner peace while i am in this world. But if I do find the true peace i am sure I have had to let go of RF first :)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Honestly, I do not know if I ever going to find inner peace while i am in this world. But if I do find the true peace i am sure I have had to let go of RF first :)
My apologies, mate, if I come across as just being so obtuse. I try not to offend others by attacking them their selves and rather just aim to put my views across. The internet (or we who occupy such) is often cruel to those who perhaps have less confidence and we often don't notice so much until too late. I'll try to remember there are real people behind all the comments in future. :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My apologies, mate, if I come across as just being so obtuse. I try not to offend others by attacking them their selves and rather just aim to put my views across. The internet (or we who occupy such) is often cruel to those who perhaps have less confidence and we often don't notice so much until too late. I'll try to remember there are real people behind all the comments in future. :oops:
You are ok to me @Mock Turtle. I guess because of what happend to me a little under a month ago, I can be a bit on the edge my self :) and I might react in a wrong way in RF these days.
And I might be a bit to sensitive

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Ha ha, there is no peace to be found on RF, I fight with myself each day to logout and not to return.

But then I would have never found such a heart as Seeker of White Life, you bring joy to my day, there are many wonderful souls here, even if they do not see life in the way we have chosen to. We are here to try to find a balance between all human thought.

My wife had a very traumatic childhood, which will stay with her for life. It is my wife that found this faith for us, I am eternally grateful to her for that, we may never have found it if her heart was not open to it. It balances her turmoil, but the darkness is always there Seeker of White Light. I see I was brought to her as a partner to help her through this life.

Regards Tony

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I wouldn't call the Baha'i Faith extreme.

They reject asceticism and monasticism. However, they also hold its members to a high standard, as if the members themselves are part of a clergy.

I will say that committed Baha'is sound and feel like that they have been brainwashed somehow, and the Ruhi educational system they put into place doesn't help that claim either.

I don't know too much about Islam or the Sufis. The Baha'i Faith has always been more appealing to me anyways.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Some people see Islam, Sufism and Baha'i as extreme and horrible. Even evil hateful and discusting.

But nobody talk about when those religions are the cause of a change to the better. Nobody talks about when a person find truth though those teachings, and become a better person with less hate, less judgment, less wish to harm self or others.

And you know why? Because they only focus on the extremists who damage the world, they forgetting to look at episodes that save people through the same religions they only see as hate and evil.
So... I take it that you believe those people are better off than if they have met those Abrahamic beliefs.

Is that correct?

Truth in love

Some people see Islam, Sufism and Baha'i as extreme and horrible. Even evil hateful and discusting.

But nobody talk about when those religions are the cause of a change to the better. Nobody talks about when a person find truth though those teachings, and become a better person with less hate, less judgment, less wish to harm self or others.

And you know why? Because they only focus on the extremists who damage the world, they forgetting to look at episodes that save people through the same religions they only see as hate and evil.

Interesting I’ve never seen anyone label Baha’i as extreme. Islam yes (and in some cases justly at least for segments).

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So... I take it that you believe those people are better off than if they have met those Abrahamic beliefs.

Is that correct?
No that is not correct.
I don't want harm to anyone, and what path others take is their choice.

What I looking for is discussion where the good in each religion are discussed.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I asked for a link saying Sufism or Bahais are extreme and evil and you point me to a whole other discussion that I need to read.? So you can't find any real website in the whole internet that say Sufism and Bahaism are evil, right?
The OP are about certain members who claim all Abrahamic religions are extreme duecto a few verse, if read with wrong intention could be used as an extreme.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Absolute statements are being made which are obviously untrue; otherwise there would be no adherents speaking about the positives in their religion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

sufiism isn't a religion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The OP are about certain members who claim all Abrahamic religions are extreme duecto a few verse, if read with wrong intention could be used as an extreme.
they are extreme. They're dualistic. So long as the beloved and the lover are contrasted/separated and seen as two things divided, there can be no oneness/union of the divine and self. There can be no direct experience.

This is how Jesus could say what ever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me.

Last edited: