• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Becoming less extreme because of Islam/sufism and Baha'i faith

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure your premise is correct. I have never seen or heard anyone describe Sufism or Baha'i as extreme, horrible, hateful, or disgusting.
Ehmmm I have, every say in discussion and debate.
Making OP how horrible islam and Baha'i are. Taking qoutes out of contects every single time. Using the teaching against members every single discussion or debate.

But I guess it is not enough to try to take once own life to be heard....Just saying

rocala

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Some people see Islam, Sufism and Baha'i as extreme and horrible. Even evil hateful and discusting.

But nobody talk about when those religions are the cause of a change to the better. Nobody talks about when a person find truth though those teachings, and become a better person with less hate, less judgment, less wish to harm self or others.

And you know why? Because they only focus on the extremists who damage the world, they forgetting to look at episodes that save people through the same religions they only see as hate and evil.
Well, 'some people' perhaps look at the evidence that appears so regularly (unfortunately), as to Islam being one of the religions that tends to be against the universal principle, and that many adhere to - that all humans deserve the same respect and freedoms as all others, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs - but where such is so often not practiced in countries where Islam tends to dominate.

Why would I be bothered as to what makes life better for some when such might make it worse for others? :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well, 'some people' perhaps look at the evidence that appears so regularly (unfortunately), as to Islam being one of the religions that tends to be against the universal principle, and that many adhere to - that all humans deserve the same respect and freedoms as all others, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs - but where such is so often not practiced in countries where Islam tends to dominate.

Why would I be bothered as to what makes life better for some when such might make it worse for others? :oops:
Oh wow....

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Some people see Islam, Sufism and Baha'i as extreme and horrible. Even evil hateful and discusting.

But nobody talk about when those religions are the cause of a change to the better. Nobody talks about when a person find truth though those teachings, and become a better person with less hate, less judgment, less wish to harm self or others.

And you know why? Because they only focus on the extremists who damage the world, they forgetting to look at episodes that save people through the same religions they only see as hate and evil.
No, I'm mostly focusing on the moderates when I say that religion on the whole does more harm than good.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ehmmm I have, every say in discussion and debate.
Making OP how horrible islam and Baha'i are. Taking qoutes out of contects every single time. Using the teaching against members every single discussion or debate.

But I guess it is not enough to try to take once own life to be heard....Just saying

I haven't seen this. Can you provide a few links?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Examples of what? ..Muslims who engage in evil?
There are a lot to choose from .. several billion, in fact. :)
Well, the OP seems to dismiss the evil that is so present in religions, especially Islam, and concentrate on the good. I would recommend the good being fine without any religion. :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not been watching the news lately?
This OP is about that both Islam, Sufism and Baha'i are leading good people to become even better people. This OP is not meant as a springboard to fling poo as happens in multiple other threads.

If you don't like that these 3 religions can lead to someone getting a better life. Then stay out of it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This OP is about that both Islam, Sufism and Baha'i are leading good people to become even better people. This OP is not meant as a springboard to fling poo as happens in multiple other threads.

If you don't like that these 3 religions can lead to someone getting a better life. Then stay out of it.
Well, we do have free speech. Tough, and I know it tends to hurt you so often, but don't imply 'these people' have no justifiable reasons as to why they don't believe that the good that might tend to come from religions necessarily outweighs any evil coming from such also. Unless you simply want to ignore what is happening all around you. :oops:

muhammad_isa

Well, the OP seems to dismiss the evil that is so present in religions, especially Islam..
There is no evil in Islam. i.e. the Qur'an
The evil comes from within ourselves.

You judge by your own standards, in a modern secular context.

and btw..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Interfaith Discussion subforum is for discussing and learning about different religions.

It is not for debating.

If you don't agree with what someone else has posted and want to challenge it, you need to start a thread in a debate section
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There is no evil in Islam. i.e. the Qur'an
The evil comes from within ourselves.

You judge by your own standards, in a modern secular context.
But that is just so pathetic. The beliefs, behaviour, and actions that so often arise comes from (and is based upon) some written material - from long ago and believed as being truthful - so how can one simply say it is humans who decide as to such? Is this so demeaning to the original texts - that they can be interpreted how one wants and regardless as to the consequences? This is such a cop-out for religions in my view, and is why we have such varieties of Islam today - as to existing in the more advanced societies or the likes of Iran or Afghanistan.

And I apologize if any of my comments aren't in an appropriate forum. :oops:

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think mods should contact me ASAP in private

If you wish to discuss something in private with the staff, create a thread in Site Feedback.

But back to the subject at hand, you suggested that some people see Sufism or Baha'i as extreme, horrible, hateful, or disgusting. I've asked you to provide some evidence that this is happening. You have not yet done so.

If you are going to accuse "some people" of doing something, you should present evidence support your accusation when asked to do so, otherwise it looks like you're just playing the victim.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
"Becoming less extreme because of Islam/sufism and Baha'i faith.": Does that mean not caring about evidence?

Stop it. There is no evidence for the meaning of life.
And, some people don't understand evidence at all and other claim it, when there is none. But don't overdo the demand for evidence, because it has a limit.