• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

becoming a "higher being"

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Say a person knows that after they die they will become (for want of a better term) a higher being:

How should they prepare?

For instance, what should they read? study? learn? do?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Say a person knows that after they die they will become (for want of a better term) a higher being:

How should they prepare?

If a person "knew" they would become a higher being when they leaving this world, they would already be prepared, they would already be the higher being in spirit. In my understanding it is what example Buddhists call realizing enlightenment. They have already reach it if they know what is to come after this life.

Other people may give you a different answer of course

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

How should they prepare?

If a person knew that after their death they would become a higher being i think the suicide rate would be astronomical

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

How should they prepare?

As I see it, there is nothing to "become." One is already that, only ignorant of the fact that they are. I see no reason to wait until after the body dies.

As far as what to read, study, or do, that depends on the individual. There is no one answer. There are many paths to the top of the mountain. In my opinion, each should live by one's own dharma.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
It is not possible for humans to become a higher being. But it is possible to become more loving,more angelic in our behavior

RestlessSoul

The traveller has reached the end of the journey! In the freedom of the Infinite he is free from all sorrows, the fetters that bound him are thrown away, and the burning fever of life is no more.

Yellow leaves hang on your tree of life. The messengers of death are waiting. You are going to travel far away. Have you made any provision for the journey?

-The Dhammapada vs 90, vs 235

PureX

Veteran Member

How should they prepare?

Why would one need to prepare?

Brian2

Veteran Member

How should they prepare?

The Superman and Spiderman movies might help. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Say a person knows that after they die they will become (for want of a better term) a higher being.
I think the person does not know, otherwise he/she would not be talking non-sense - 'after they die they will become (for want of a better term) a higher being'.

PureX

Veteran Member
So they can do things to the best of their ability

To make the most of the opportunity
Seems to me that if such a state required preparation we would know it. Or else the "existential system" is severely flawed. In which case our blind preparation is not likely to be of much use to us.

MatthewA

How should they prepare?

Hello Eddi; As a Christian; I can not prove that the afterlife even exist.

It is something as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ hope in and patiently wait for, and to see while living here in this world and doing whatever choices that are made as we are living on it.

From the Christian perspective to me ; Love God, and Love Others. Anyone who has access to the bible can take a few minutes out of the day to read and look and see what the new testament as to say ; though do believe that people who are new should be aware of the historical starting, and to pay attention to the context and what is being said.

It is very easy to get lost in the bible; and to start to believe that some of the things Jesus Christ is telling to his disciples; He is actually telling you but He is actually telling his disciples. Do believe these are important distinctions to make clear. (Do believe there are pictures and types, and examples from the Gospels for us to help learn and also to help us spiritually in our walk with God, and Christ.

Simple request and it is the only two commandments which Christians live by.

Thank you for your question, Eddie. That would be my encouragement take a little time and just read from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 and so forth of the Gospels - Matthew ; Mark; Luke; John.

Do you have any thoughts about these things?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Hello Eddi; As a Christian; I can not prove that the afterlife even exist.

It is something as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ hope in and patiently wait for, and to see while living here in this world and doing whatever choices that are made as we are living on it.

From the Christian perspective to me ; Love God, and Love Others. Anyone who has access to the bible can take a few minutes out of the day to read and look and see what the new testament as to say ; though do believe that people who are new should be aware of the historical starting, and to pay attention to the context and what is being said.

It is very easy to get lost in the bible; and to start to believe that some of the things Jesus Christ is telling to his disciples; He is actually telling you but He is actually telling his disciples. Do believe these are important distinctions to make clear. (Do believe there are pictures and types, and examples from the Gospels for us to help learn and also to help us spiritually in our walk with God, and Christ.

Simple request and it is the only two commandments which Christians live by.

Thank you for your question, Eddie. That would be my encouragement take a little time and just read from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 and so forth of the Gospels - Matthew ; Mark; Luke; John.

Do you have any thoughts about these things?
Hi Matthew

Thank you for your reply

The thing is: I don't think I'll need a bible where (I think) I'm going :eek:

Although yes, it would do me good for me to read it more

Indeed the other day I downloaded a bible app on my phone

Ed

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

How should they prepare?

I like to stay with the premise that I will know once I get there.