• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Become Anything! Join Something! Decide Here!

Do you Buy? Sell? Buy and Sell Both?

• I am more of a Buyer of ideas, I don't sell or talk about my ideas or interpret much and preach .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I find myself agreeing with people that I don't necessarily want to agree with.

This is a good place to lose one's religion. It's just ridiculous that people don't see all the other sides of life before burrowing into one way of living. Or maybe they all get stuck with what they have to grow up in like myself.
Absolutely! Thats a beautiful lesson! People are like Cheetos, their orange fairy dust seems to rub off! They are crunchy, they are rounded and bumpy and sharp and soft, and soggy when wet.

People are just like Cheetos. Addictive, Annoying, Leaving Us with Regrets, fond memories, desire for more, sickness and swearing them off, No More! Whats that I hear? Munch! Munch! Oh, its People again! Those Cheetos!

ttps://youtu.be/qgQllY4GtkE

Have you learned any other things? That was really great! You brought up something that fills my mind with so much inspiring truth! I'd love for more!

ttps://youtu.be/NMglLYaI9qw

taykair

WE DON'T KNOW AND WE DON'T CARE!!!

Join the Apathetic Agnostic Association today!

(Or not. I don't really give a rat's ***.)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Absolutely! Thats a beautiful lesson! People are like Cheetos, their orange fairy dust seems to rub off! They are crunchy, they are rounded and bumpy and sharp and soft, and soggy when wet.

People are just like Cheetos. Addictive, Annoying, Leaving Us with Regrets, fond memories, desire for more, sickness and swearing them off, No More! Whats that I hear? Munch! Munch! Oh, its People again! Those Cheetos!

ttps://youtu.be/qgQllY4GtkE

Have you learned any other things? That was really great! You brought up something that fills my mind with so much inspiring truth! I'd love for more!

ttps://youtu.be/NMglLYaI9qw

Hey what can I say I'm here to entertain! But the Cheetos thing is all you really!
Inspiration on demand ain't me though.

Nondenominational: "Enjoy rock music? Want to be a part of something more? Then join us and tithe!"

I tend to mistrust the intentions of anyone who asks for money!

I strongly suspect that they are asking for money because, they want money!

ttps://youtu.be/0tNYnqduwhI

6:90
Those are the ones whom Allah has guided, so from their guidance take an example. Say, "I ask of you for this message no payment. It is not but a reminder for the worlds."

42:23
This it is which Allah announceth unto His bondmen who believe and do good works. Say (O Muhammad, unto mankind): I ask of you no fee therefor, save lovingkindness among kinsfolk. And whoso scoreth a good deed We add unto its good for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Responsive.

36:21
Follow those who do not ask of you [any] payment, and they are [rightly] guided.

40:60
And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible.

3:199
There are some among the People of the Book who believe in God and what is revealed to you and to them. They are humble before God and do not trade God's revelations for a small price. They will receive their reward from their Lord. God's calculation is immediate.

2:41
And believe in what I reveal, confirming the revelation which is with you, and be not the first to reject Faith therein, nor sell (for profit) My Signs for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone.

24:37
Men whom neither merchandise nor sale beguileth from remembrance of Allah and constancy in prayer and paying to the poor their due; who fear a day when hearts and eyeballs will be overturned;

ttps://youtu.be/voTuxjjhCJE

exchemist

Veteran Member
A bit harsh, but I see you're selling me some chemistry! What Meds do you suggest I take? Why? What will they do for me? Will they make the world a better place for you? Those are some interesting medications! I take them and you get the results! No wonder you want me to take them!

That isn't too different from people wanting other people to practice a certain way of life surely, like a drug they take for me to enjoy! Ingenius!

Try this? :D:
upload_2020-5-26_10-15-47.png

(Only kidding, of course.)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I suppose I "sale" atheism and free will.
Though I doubt anyone is buying, the market for converts has run dry.

As far as buying religions, I've already bought and driven several.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Which ones and why or how did they sell you on each and what was the driving experience like?
No one sold it to me. I dug and found. The experience was tough at that moment (abandoning completely all the Gods and Goddesses that I had worshiped till that time), but once I decided the difficulties melted away. Secondly I did not abandon Hinduism. So, I could still take the Gods and Goddesses as examples.
I do not believe in free will. I believe in conditionality and randomness.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Buddhism: Mankind is lost as a dog chasing its own tail! One Man among many, saw the error of the dog, by looking in another direction altogether, within! Siddhartha Gautama known as The Buddha and Shakyamuni and Tathagata was the Savior The World Needed, One Person, Just Like You, to WAKE UP! The Awakened One then with all his faculties sharp penetrated through the layers of delusion and all important and pragmatic mysteries became unraveled and clear to navigate! Do you want a mind that is clear? Do you want to see the world for what it is? Then let the Great Doctor, The Original Psycho-Therapist, Help You through a record of his sayings and deeds, and you might just be able to escape or at least start your ascent and escape from a life flushed down the drain endlessly like Sisyphus and his suffering plight in this Tartarus of endless and repeating highs and lows! Get a clear head (even on top if you shave off your hair!) with Buddhism!

Salvic Buddhisms: Let the Cosmic Buddha and All Well-Intended Beings Save You! You can be saved within this lifetime! You can make your way to any of the great destinations existing for you based on where you focus and direct your prayers and intentions! From there, you may be able to cleanse your karmic residue even further so that, if you desire, you may ascend even further or otherwise assist other sentient beings! You can start right away! Simply say Aaahmeeeethoooohbfuaaaaaaaah, and you will immediately start as you repeat it in long low tones resonating and vibrating that things will begin correcting themselves. Then learn all that pleases you and is intended towards your salvation from among the Mahayana Sutras and commentaries!
Nice, I see that you have written two paragraphs on Buddhism but not even a single line on Hinduism in your opening post. :D
Hinduism: "Frankly, we don't care whether you join or don't join. Who do you think we are?"
Hinduism: We have some idea of who you think we are, but then, you have touched the bee hive, so the consequences are totally yours. :D

Last edited: