• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beckoning

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm not sure that my affinity toward Nataraja is the result of a beckoning, but probably more of a realization that the imagery and symbolism fit my worldview like a glove.

But then again, I'm more of a strict monist and I, in Nataraja, see myself as Shiva as Saguna Brahman as Nirguna Brahman in the imagery. In my view, all are one and the same.

I see that now, but more in the lingam, as it's far less anthropomorphic. With Nataraja I mainly see the His 5 powers. But the image itself still grabs my attention like none other. You'd like Kadavul temple for that.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I see that now, but more in the lingam, as it's far less anthropomorphic. With Nataraja I mainly see the His 5 powers. But the image itself still grabs my attention like none other. You'd like Kadavul temple for that.

I've never been much for anthropomorphism, but I have a much stronger affinity to Nataraja than I do the lingam. I've done a lot of reading, and it makes sense to me that I should have a stronger affinity to the lingam given my views, but for some reason, it doesn't really speak to me.

But then maybe I just don't understand it.

I did Google the Kadavul temple, but can't find a good picture of the gold statues that adorn the main room.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've never been much for anthropomorphism, but I have a much stronger affinity to Nataraja than I do the lingam. I've done a lot of reading, and it makes sense to me that I should have a stronger affinity to the lingam given my views, but for some reason, it doesn't really speak to me.

But then maybe I just don't understand it.

I did Google the Kadavul temple, but can't find a good picture of the gold statues that adorn the main room.
No pictures allowed of the main deity, Nataraja.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. when asked if there was any reason for coming (often it's a birthday) just say, "Nope, we just all really felt like coming today." ..
Some place you like. Vibes. For Narendra Modi and myself, Kedarnath. The beautiful mountain behind it. You are with yourself.

GettyImages-166731773.jpeg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Don't forget to meet me when you are in Delhi.

The rock that saved Kedarnath temple in 2013 flash floods. It is now known as 'Bhim Shila' (large rock) and people worship it.
zdicqk4mrvx11.jpg

One can book the hut where Narendra Modi meditated for one day when he was in Kedarnath. It will cost you 18.57 Canadian dollars per day (Rs. 990). :D
images

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Don't forget to meet me when you are in Delhi.
If truth be told, we haven't been called. Boss went in 1983 with the Guru on a tour, I went with daughter cause Boss insisted I go, and I'd never been, then later we went together. Because of age, and the brutal reality of long flights and the likelihood of getting ill there, it's not likely. Still, who knows for sure?