• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beauty lies within

Spiderman

Veteran Member

The opening scene in Beauty and the Beast brings with it a very wise message.

Beauty is very fleeting and can be lost overnight. What do you find beautiful that is not external beauty?

I admire honesty, integrity, charity, and courage.

Outward Beauty vanishes very quickly imo.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As I see it, the beauty of youth does indeed end. But so, too, flowers wither, sunsets fade, and so forth. I think it is the insensitive fool who discounts the physical beauty of the earth because it is impermanent. Seems to be a cultural thing to do so. The Japanese, for instance, do not typically indulge in such folly, but rather embrace the beauty of nature, which is transitory.

Maybe people who refuse to value transitory beauty are just spiritually too weak to endure something so poignant as the passing of physical beauty.

Inward beauty has its own value too. It is valuable ever as much as outward beauty. But outward beauty is not lessened in value by the fact it fades. To deny physical beauty is to deny life. He or she who denies life is a spiritual fool. At least, that's how I see it. I could, of course, be wrong.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As I see it, the beauty of youth does indeed end. But so, too, flowers wither, sunsets fade, and so forth. I think it is the insensitive fool who discounts the physical beauty of the earth because it is impermanent. Seems to be a cultural thing to do so. The Japanese, for instance, do not typically indulge in such folly, but rather embrace the beauty of nature, which is transitory.

Maybe people who refuse to value transitory beauty are just spiritually too weak to endure something so poignant as the passing of physical beauty.

Inward beauty has its own value too. It is valuable ever as much as outward beauty. But outward beauty is not lessened in value by the fact it fades. To deny physical beauty is to deny life. He or she who denies life is a spiritual fool. At least, that's how I see it. I could, of course, be wrong.
I did not say external beauty was worthless. It's a huge blessing to the world. However, if people get married , and external beauty is the primary motive, the marriage could be a fiasco (total failure).