• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beautiful Quotes of the Salaf

Sakeenah

Beautiful Quotes of The Salaf:

He who enters the grave without provisions (good deeds), has, as if, he started swimming across the ocean without a vessel." [Abu Bakr - radhiAllaahu 'anhu]

He who has no manners has no knowledge; he who has no patience has no Deen, and he who has no piety has no nearness to Allaah for him." [al-Hasan al-Basri - radhiAllaahu 'anhu]

Four things are exceedingly difficult - to forgive while angry, to give alms during want, to abstain from sins in solitude, and to speak the truth before the person from whom may come fear or favour." ['Ali - radhiAllaahu 'anhu]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I looked at all friends and did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all the dresses but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought about all sorts of wealth but did not find a better wealth than contentment in a little. I thought of all sorts of good deeds but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance but did not find a better sustenance than patience." ['Umar - radhiAllaahu 'anhu][/FONT]

It is reported from Alee (ra) that he said: The one who shows off has three characteristics: He is lazy when by himself, he is lively and energetic when with others and he increases in his actions when he is praised and decreases in them when he is criticised.

Some of the salaf have said: Ikhlaas is that you do not seek a witness over your action besides Allaah and nor one who gives reward besides Him.

Sakeenah

I hope we can benefit from them:) here are a few other quotes

Aboo Hurayrah radiallahu 'anhu said, "The example of knowledge not acted upon is that of a treasure none of which is spent in the way of Allah the Mighty and Majestic."

Ibn Mas'ood radiallahu 'anhu said: "Learn, learn, and once you have learned, act." [isnaad hasan]

It is reported from Ibraheem an-Nakha'ee that he said: When Shaytaan comes to you whilst you are engaged in prayer and says: You are showing off, increase it in length.

One of them wrote to his brother: Make your intention sincere in all of your actions and little action will suffice you.

Sakeenah

Four things are exceedingly difficult - to forgive while angry, to give alms during want, to abstain from sins in solitude, and to speak the truth before the person from whom may come fear or favour." ['Ali - may Allah be pleased with him]

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
'If you find yourself in a time when speech is accepted as knowledge and knowledge is accepted as deeds (instead of putting it into practice) then you are in the worst time and with the worst people'

Abu Hazim Al Ashjai rahimahullah

Sakeenah

Quote from Umar ibn Khattab : “Invite people to Islam even without spoken words”, and he was asked “how?” — he replied “WITH YOUR MANNERS”.

Sakeenah

From Al-'Ala ibn Ziyad who said:

A man asked 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As, saying: Which of the Believers is best in his Islam? He replied: "He from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe." He asked: Then what is the best Jihad? He replied: "He who strives against his own self and desires for Allah." He asked: Then which of those who migrates (performs hijrah) is best? He replied: "He who strives against his own self and desires for Allah." He asked: Is it something you have said O 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr, or Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam)? He said: "Rather Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said it

Sakeenah

It is reported that ‘Abdullâh b. ‘Umar – Allâh be pleased with him – was asked:

Did the Companions of Allâh’s Messenger – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him – used to laugh? He replied, “Yes, and the îmân (faith) in their hearts was greater than the mountains.”

‘Abd Al-Razzâq Al-San’ânî, Al-Musannaf 11:327.

Source: iman - Sayings of the Salaf

Sakeenah

It is reported that ‘Umar b. Al-Khattāb – Allāh be pleased with him – said:
Do not be impressed by the twitter of an individual. But one who fulfils his duty and trust, and refrains from [transgressing against] the honor of people is the real man.

Al-Bayhaqī, Al-Sunan Al-Kubrā article 12345.

Source: Manners and Conduct - Sayings of the Salaf