• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be thankful that sanity has returned to America — for now

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
When was the last time Republicans 'worked with' Democrats?

In the last 20 years, ALL I have seen the Reps do is block *anything* the Dems propose and then claim the Dems aren't 'working with them'. When the Dems adopt something the Reps say they wanted, the Reps suddenly don't want it any more. But when Reps are in power, they say 'well, we won the election, so tough luck'.
I'm currently listening to a podcast about the Russian Revolution, and this seems to be basically what the Bolsheviks did after the Feburary Revolution, while there still existed a democratically elected parliament. Needless to say, when a party acts like this, it only highlights how little they actually care about the parliamentary democratic process - it demonstrates that what they really care about is winning at any cost, and that the legitimacy of any political function or tradition is fundamentally subordinate to the goal of attaining and maintaining power by any means.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Would you prefer going back to Nazis marching in the streets like in VA, or cops blasting neighbourhoods with tear gas like in MN?
Well, that all depends.....do you prefer WW2 Nazis with their
snappy uniforms, or the modern kind, who are more informal?

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I'm currently listening to a podcast about the Russian Revolution, and this seems to be basically what the Bolsheviks did after the Feburary Revolution, while there still existed a democratically elected parliament. Needless to say, when a party acts like this, it only highlights how little they actually care about the parliamentary democratic process - it demonstrates that what they really care about is winning at any cost, and that the legitimacy of any political function or tradition is fundamentally subordinate to the goal of attaining and maintaining power by any means.
Is it possible: Godfather Vlad's coaching resulted in a certain ex- president learning the value of disinformation?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How fortunate you are to be in the top percent of earners who are going to face tax hikes. For the rest of us, we're just glad that there will be no tax hikes. For the rest of us, we're still paying for Trump's big giveaway to you rich folks.

One of the areas where prices are higher is gasoline. Please explain why the Biden administration is responsible for this.

One of the areas where prices are higher is Xmas trees. Please explain why the Biden administration is responsible for this.

Which "incressed (sic) government restrictions" are you referring to and how will they negatively affect you or me?
Oh where to begin...... oh my.

Let's see ...

Gas..... oh. Keystone XL pipeline for starters. That got the ball rolling good enough. And now the eye on the Michigan L5 pipeline. Good job.

Trees of course relating to supply chain issues to which covid is always the blame, and never, God forbid, their own actions by intentionally and purposefully destroying businesses and the jobs they supply that created the mess in the first place. Wonderful thinking.

Oh and restrictions...

Weren't you aware of that um.. let me think....

That roughly 2 trillion spending bill recently passed.. yea, that's going to lower taxes by restricting the means of current support we have now, making it even more costly than ever. Especially in the cold of winter..... brrrr...