• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be sure to bring your towel

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Here, I thought this would be a thread about nudism.

Nudists always carry their own towel to sit on. Putting your bare butt on someone else's seat is "simply not done".
Tom

Daemon Sophic

Well, you know what I think about this thread....I think that
0*c646u53WKW_h84Cg

Ow!!!

p.s. - please note that Ford does indeed have his towel (He is one Hoopy Frood).

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
And now... for some vogon poetry:

Waking in the bulbous fields of my own demise
I see a hitchhiker before my eye
a Filthy mucous vacuous chap
stowed away, slightly drunk, smelling of unripened squashed avocados.

etc.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

etc.
I see you saw a rake
mucous down my fake
turlingdromes are extinct
and we're blowing up earth today.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
awesome thread!

something like: "...a beast so stupid, it believes that if you can't see it, it can't see you..."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

etc.
You said bulbous.... You didn't say galoshes. He...

Macadamia!

exchemist

Veteran Member
More poetry, on the subject of the unreliability of early teleporting systems:
I teleported home one night,
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Maggie's heart away,
And I got Sidney's leg.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
More poetry, on the subject of the unreliability of early teleporting systems:
I teleported home one night,
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Maggie's heart away,
And I got Sidney's leg.
If the risk is misplaced body-parts; there's a hole host of comical possibilites between Ron, Sid, and Meg... :smilingimp:

Daemon Sophic

Ford has a towel, too?

Arthur Dent has one, as far as I recall.
Only because Ford gave him one while explaining their usefulness. But I was referring to the Ford in the movie version from which my gif was taken. The guy behind Zaphod is Ford, and that is most definitely a towel around his neck, both keeping him warm, and supporting his hands.;)

You all realize of course that Arthur was only able to coherently withstand the Vogon poetry reading, because there are only 2 forms of poetry worse than Vogon poetry. The single worst is human poetry. :eek:
And I quote......
vUSqn2g2QrD7u1wybC9qRKEObTiiezLb3AVVUo7qqD50K923iPPzzUdvN79cUwrvl6T3U6wOyLtGKgOHrtS53XFS65Q-ELtRWBhpI_TZgbkXBWHS7PUlBPyD4i57gMSIrw

exchemist

Veteran Member
Only because Ford gave him one while explaining their usefulness. But I was referring to the Ford in the movie version from which my gif was taken. The guy behind Zaphod is Ford, and that is most definitely a towel around his neck, both keeping him warm, and supporting his hands.;)

You all realize of course that Arthur was only able to coherently withstand the Vogon poetry reading, because there are only 2 forms of poetry worse than Vogon poetry. The single worst is human poetry. :eek:
And I quote......
vUSqn2g2QrD7u1wybC9qRKEObTiiezLb3AVVUo7qqD50K923iPPzzUdvN79cUwrvl6T3U6wOyLtGKgOHrtS53XFS65Q-ELtRWBhpI_TZgbkXBWHS7PUlBPyD4i57gMSIrw
Ah maybe the movie includes some extra things not in the books. That's quite often the case. But why does Zaphod Beeblebrox (if it is he) have only have one head in your clip?

I recall this exchange:
ZB (to insect receptionist): Don't you try to out-weird me. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal.
Recep: Well, who exactly do you think you are, then? Zaphod Beeblebrox or something?
ZB (rasping): Count the heads.

Daemon Sophic

Ah maybe the movie includes some extra things not in the books. That's quite often the case. But why does Zaphod Beeblebrox (if it is he) have only have one head in your clip?

I recall this exchange:
ZB (to insect receptionist): Don't you try to out-weird me. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal.
Recep: Well, who exactly do you think you are, then? Zaphod Beeblebrox or something?
ZB (rasping): Count the heads.
In the old movie, they dealt with it this way...
240px-Mark_Wing-Davey_as_Zaphod_Beeblebrox.jpg

while in the more recent film, they went with this....
tumblr_phqonjz2Bc1qmmugio6_500.gifv