• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be outraged americans!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm in a permanent state of outrage over politicians trashing the Constitution.
And worse yet, citizens want them to.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
You know, Google probably knows more about you than the NSA does, and definitely shares the information they do have with more people...

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
America is a state of hypocrisy. Talk trash on countries for "human rights violations", yet commit horrible atrocities themselves.

Is NSA and all the controversy really that surprising?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Assad91 said:
America is a state of hypocrisy. Talk trash on countries for "human rights violations", yet commit horrible atrocities themselves.

Is NSA and all the controversy really that surprising?
Not all of 'America'. There are 50+ states represented by USA, and we trash talk ourselves as much as we trash talk everyone else. Besides that there are other countries in America that aren't in the USA, such as Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile etc. America refers to all of the north and south American continents, not merely the USA.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Not all of 'America'. There are 50+ states represented by USA, and we trash talk ourselves as much as we trash talk everyone else. Besides that there are other countries in America that aren't in the USA, such as Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile etc. America refers to all of the north and south American continents, not merely the USA.

I find it strange you seem to think we Americans don't call our country America.

There are 50 states? What relevance does that have to the government and its current state?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I find it strange you seem to think we Americans don't call our country America.

There are 50 states? What relevance does that have to the government and its current state?

You're American?! The condemning tone you use whenever you're talking about the US made me figure you for a foreigner. You know nobody's forcing you to live here though, right? If this country's so terrible you can go anywhere else and see if it's everything you dreamed it would be.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Check yer local dictionary! Words often have more than one meaning.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
You're American?! The condemning tone you use whenever you're talking about the US made me figure you for a foreigner. You know nobody's forcing you to live here though, right? If this country's so terrible you can go anywhere else and see if it's everything you dreamed it would be.

Ah, the "love it or leave it" mentality. How refreshing. :rolleyes:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
This is awful. There is nothing wrong in what the NSA is doing. This primarily comes from people who are utter idiots and do not even understand what on earth they are "collecting". This is the same information phone companies have been keeping for decades. Nothing new. The NSA does not need your phone records to tap your phone as already shown before. There is no need for it.

When people can wake up and act sensibly (which 90% do not) then we can actually have proper security measures. Nobody rights are being violated here. This programs needs to stay

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know, Google probably knows more about you than the NSA does, and definitely shares the information they do have with more people...
The NSA knows anything google knows.
Plus, they can put you on the no-fly list or send SWAT teams to your house.
(I don't think google can do that yet.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Damn right. It seems the people that complain about this country the most are the ones sucking up all the conveniences. They wouldn't be talking that **** if they lived in a slum in Mexico... America would be heaven then.
Complaining & sucking....2 of my favorite things we Americastanians are entitled to.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali

So, because I disagree with many things, I should leave? That is not American.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Damn right. It seems the people that complain about this country the most are the ones sucking up all the conveniences. They wouldn't be talking that **** if they lived in a slum in Mexico... America would be heaven then.

That is stupid. You're the one who sounds like a foreignor as the right to disagree is a fundamental one.

I hold my country to the standard she set for herself. And when she fails, I will speak up.

Mexicans in Mexican slums are fully entitled to complain of their countries leaders.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

Thank you for making this post, and for making it in this thread.

Your stance is the same as saying: They wouldn't be talking that **** if they lived in a slum in North Korea (or Somalia, Syria, Uzbekistan, or other nation recognized for its heavy-handed oppression)... America would be heaven then. Let 'em be imprisoned or watch their families dragged off because they spoke out and then they'll love the US no matter what they do.

Truth is, all Americans get the same rights, such as the freedom of speech, the freedom to protest, the freedom to address the government, the freedom to air their grievances, and the freedom to petition for change. And just about all of us want change; very few are happy with the status quo and want everything to continue just as it is now. Just because other places are worse doesn't mean we can't (or shouldn't) improve.

From where I sit, we're all complaining. Republicans, Democrats, Greens, Libertarians....
"Love it or leave it" would leave the US a very empty place. I'd say its better that we work towards fixing what we see as being wrong, even if we don't all agree on what that might be.