• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Green Safely....That's An Order, Cyclists!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For those of you who bicycle, there have been some wonderful technological
developments to enhance out safety.
I'd they'd been around when I started riding, I'd have spent less time in hospitals.

We now have helmets with turn signals, SOS messaging to emergency contacts, etc, etc....
Top 6 Smart Bike Helmets of 2017 | Video Review

Lights are getting fancier, even painting laser lines in the lane & a bike icon in the road....

I'm leaning towards the helmet upgrade, since it's more transferrable from bike to
bike, & also cuz bike accessories aren't always compatible with folding bikes.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've seen these attachments that project lines, symbols, etc. onto the pavement to alert motorists.

1408974439528_wps_2_image003_png.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've seen these attachments that project lines, symbols, etc. onto the pavement to alert motorists.

1408974439528_wps_2_image003_png.jpg
Does this seem useful?

As I wrote that, I looked at the picture....saw the cyclist approaching
the intersection....& saw the car which might T-bone the cyclist.
Tis a better idea than I thought!

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'd just be happy if they didn't think they owned the road and actually obeyed traffic signs and signals, most of the ones I've encountered act as if they are entitled in some way.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I don't yell or throw anything at them most of the time but I never put larger than normal side mirrors on my vehicles.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't yell or throw anything at them most of the time but I never put larger than normal side mirrors on my vehicles.
I was once run down on purpose (late 70s in MD).
The cops caught the guy (drunk veteran), who admitted wanting to kill me.
A friend was run down (early 70s in MI), & the driver kicked him as he lay in the road.
(By a coincidence, I later worked with the assailant...a real ***** ******* *****.)
So I'm no fan of angry drivers.

I like the idea of a helmet which sends out an automated SOS.
And I ride armed (legally).

Last edited:

HonestJoe

I'd just be happy if they didn't think they owned the road and actually obeyed traffic signs and signals, most of the ones I've encountered act as if they are entitled in some way.
Exactly like drivers and pedestrians then. It’s almost as if all those groups are cross-sections of the self-centred and generally flawed human race. :cool:

David T

Premium Member
For those of you who bicycle, there have been some wonderful technological
developments to enhance out safety.
I'd they'd been around when I started riding, I'd have spent less time in hospitals.

We now have helmets with turn signals, SOS messaging to emergency contacts, etc, etc....
Top 6 Smart Bike Helmets of 2017 | Video Review

Lights are getting fancier, even painting laser lines in the lane & a bike icon in the road....

I'm leaning towards the helmet upgrade, since it's more transferrable from bike to
bike, & also cuz bike accessories aren't always compatible with folding bikes.
I am a Former bike racer now an old saunterer.