• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BE ALERT! Sunday, January 17th

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Meanwhile, deep inside the White House bunker, a plan is being unhatched:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, bro, but someone sold you a lemon. No camera is just the beginning. Your phone is missing its rotary dial!
Went back to the store, I found two options. Still no camera:(

XM_Lw1JzjWi_bqX8OT9dxkSno_-zFHuvZ8HaCRg84FBVelAE7KthdETqyrEu8uXT1glR7ndb4W_-KeDL7okuhncnVqY

rotary-cell-5_md.jpeg

exchemist

Veteran Member
So was that it, then?

Biden inauguration: Fortified US statehouses see some small protests

Let's hope not too many bridges have been burnt and not too many cellars converted into bunkers.;)

But perhaps the main event will be on Wednesday.

P.S. I do find it terribly funny that the leader of the Qanon conspiracy - him with the horns - lives with his mother and now, in prison, is bitterly complaining about the lack of organic food. Snowflake or wot? :D:D

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Hopefully there won't be any serious trouble on Wednesday. I don't think the Trump mob will want to go up against the National Guard.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hopefully there won't be any serious trouble on Wednesday. I don't think the Trump mob will want to go up against the National Guard.
That is also my suspicion. The amateurishness of the invasion last week makes me suspect a lot of these people are barely more than internet fantasists. But fantasists with GUNS, of course, because Amuurrica. So perhaps we are not entirely out of the woods yet. All it takes is one Lee Harvey Oswald....... with a Supremacist Beard.....

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Um... I asked around town. Phoned all my friends. Called up all my relatives around the country. Conference called with my U.S. Representative. It's eh... it's embarrassing not to have found the answer for you, but about coming heavily armed to show our peaceful intentions... we don't know why. None of us. Just something that's always made sense. Like, you know, bombing the Middle East to make them guys cherish democracy. It's just something that always works, right? Who knows why?

Well, you know, there are many routes to peace. One of them is by killing all opposition. Seems like these guys are pretty utilitarian.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
That is also my suspicion. The amateurishness of the invasion last week makes me suspect a lot of these people are barely more than internet fantasists. But fantasists with GUNS, of course, because Amuurrica. So perhaps we are not entirely out of the woods yet. All it takes is one Lee Harvey Oswald....... with a Supremacist Beard.....

It sounds like there's a tight security cordon over a wide area, so hopefully nobody would get close enough to take a shot.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It sounds like there's a tight security cordon over a wide area, so hopefully nobody would get close enough to take a shot.
I have little doubt the authorities will be very much alive to the risk.

And anyway, maybe his Supremacist Beard will get entangled in the trigger. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sunday's quiet was the best thing that's happened since 1/6.

I'm curious why it happened, but I've only heard a couple of facts that might be related to that question. Not enough to shed much light on it yet.

I guess there's nothing to do but take it day by day now, see what happens.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I doubt they will want to, also. After that guy was arrested on Friday trying to get into Washington with fake papers for attending the inauguration and a pistol, I think it's likely that's the sort of attack the Secret Security, et al, are most concerned about now.

I keep wondering why the guy brought along 500 rounds of ammunition? Did he really think he would have been given a chance to use up that many rounds?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Hopefully no one is relaxing their guard. But I doubt there's much chance anyone is. It's not like the Secret Service or F.B.I. is dumb enough to take a look at yesterday's calm, pat themselves on the back, and go for coffee during the ceremony.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The thought just occurred to me. Take a guess who the Secret Service might be thinking are the most likely threats now. My guess is -- and it's only a guess -- Republican lawmakers. As far I know, they'll be there, in the audience, just like they are every inauguration. If they actually are thought to be the major threat, it's almost humorous.