• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BE ALERT! Sunday, January 17th

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't care which side of the aisle you're on, you need to know this. Most likely you already do. I'm just double-checking to make sure.

Tomorrow, Sunday, January 17th is the kick-off day for "peaceful armed protests" (as they are being called) to begin in all 50 state capitols and the District of Columbia. Or so the protesters have announced. The Feds seem likely to shut down any group protests in Washington. I don't know about the states.

At any rate, there would seem to be a significant risk of violence erupting not only in the state capitols, but perhaps in other cities as well. I know my town is bracing for trouble and we're 60 miles south of the State capitol.

From January 17th through at least the inauguration on January 20th, be cautious and stay alert, please.

Who knows? Maybe it will all end well. But what will happen tomorrow and over the next few days is along the lines of playing with matches. It's at least something like that. Those things don't always end well, so stay alert.

Above all, don't panic. Don't even let yourselves go near that. Things seldom turn out as bad as they might. But stay alert. Besides, I call 'dibs' on panic. It's all mine now, and none of you get any. K?

If at all possible, I encourage you to remain at home, or in a safe location, and to now and then check the news during the day for what's happening. The bigger your city or community, the more I think it would be wise to be in a safe location. By the way, don't neglect the national news by exclusively focusing on the local. What happens elsewhere might be a forewarning of what will happen locally.

Sorry I don't have better advice than that. But left or right, we're all human. Be alert, stay safe, and good luck!

I totally hope when this is all over that not a word of this proves to have been necessary to say.
History will be remarkably unkind to Donald Trump.

WalterTrull

Godfella
There's a mile wide meteor headed straight for the earth. It should strike in about 12 hours. Plenty of time to prepare. Odds are some will survive. BUT, don't worry and don't panic. Just wanted you to know.

Actually, I appreciate the OP. It's just that warnings like this seem to inevitably sound like the above. No way around that I suppose. Grin and bear it? :grimacing:

Just noticed a similar earlier post. :cool:

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As will the law courts, with a bit of luck. :D
Yes, as he got other people to pay for all those failed lawsuits to overturn the election, the ghastly threat of losing his immunity goaded him to desperation.

I don't see how he can pardon himself for the criminal matters, but I know the pardoning power doesn't extend to his debts.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes, as he got other people to pay for all those failed lawsuits to overturn the election, the ghastly threat of losing his immunity goaded him to desperation.

I don't see how he can pardon himself for the criminal matters, but I know the pardoning power doesn't extend to his debts.
Also a presidential pardon only extends to federal actions, according to my understanding. Actions brought at state level are not covered.

But I have to say I think the Supreme Court would have to rule that a president cannot, pre-emptively, pardon himself, for offences that have not even been specified yet!

If they were to allow him to do that, the USA would be even more of a laughing stock than Trump has already made it (MAGA, anyone:confused:?): the scope for a fully criminal, gangster president in future would be unlimited! Banana republic or wot?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If one goes, remember that your phone is almost certainly a camera too. Videoing participants is appreciated by law enforcement. But again, don't put yourself at risk.

I would go, but I cannot find the camera on my phone:

s-l400.jpg

Sorry, bro, but someone sold you a lemon. No camera is just the beginning. Your phone is missing its rotary dial!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If the protest is peaceful then why do they have to be armed? :confused:

Um... I asked around town. Phoned all my friends. Called up all my relatives around the country. Conference called with my U.S. Representative. It's eh... it's embarrassing not to have found the answer for you, but about coming heavily armed to show our peaceful intentions... we don't know why. None of us. Just something that's always made sense. Like, you know, bombing the Middle East to make them guys cherish democracy. It's just something that always works, right? Who knows why?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, got the same problem with raccoons. If I ever get a clear shot at one of the damn things they are history.
They can be so destructive. But Revoltistanian racoons
are better behaved than others I've seen. And even our
whistle pigs (ground hogs / wood chucks) have become
tolerable. The trick is keeping'm out of buildings.
We had a pair of lawyers mating next door. They were a
bit of trouble, but they moved to infect some other area.
Too bad it's illegal to use poison in their dens.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm left to wonder why the deflection. And why, for example, you would rate my post #18 as 'funny'. What was funny about a grandfather's concern for his grandchildren? Just curious.
See post 9, for rampant paranoia while exhorting people not be paranoid. Burning bridges? Locking up dogs and cats? Converting your cellar into a bunker? And this for people nowhere near any state capital. Or was it a joke?

As for your text to your grand daughter I was amused by the idea she might be "on the other side of the aisle", so presumably a rabid alt-right supporter.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
As for your text to your grand daughter I was amused by the idea she might be "on the other side of the aisle", so presumably a rapid alt-right supporter.
I wish I could take more credit for the fact that she is a proud and vocal progressive.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't care which side of the aisle you're on, you need to know this. Most likely you already do. I'm just double-checking to make sure.

Tomorrow, Sunday, January 17th is the kick-off day for "peaceful armed protests" (as they are being called) to begin in all 50 state capitols and the District of Columbia. Or so the protesters have announced. The Feds seem likely to shut down any group protests in Washington. I don't know about the states.

At any rate, there would seem to be a significant risk of violence erupting not only in the state capitols, but perhaps in other cities as well. I know my town is bracing for trouble and we're 60 miles south of the State capitol.

From January 17th through at least the inauguration on January 20th, be cautious and stay alert, please.

Who knows? Maybe it will all end well. But what will happen tomorrow and over the next few days is along the lines of playing with matches. It's at least something like that. Those things don't always end well, so stay alert.

Above all, don't panic. Don't even let yourselves go near that. Things seldom turn out as bad as they might. But stay alert. Besides, I call 'dibs' on panic. It's all mine now, and none of you get any. K?

If at all possible, I encourage you to remain at home, or in a safe location, and to now and then check the news during the day for what's happening. The bigger your city or community, the more I think it would be wise to be in a safe location. By the way, don't neglect the national news by exclusively focusing on the local. What happens elsewhere might be a forewarning of what will happen locally.

Sorry I don't have better advice than that. But left or right, we're all human. Be alert, stay safe, and good luck!

I totally hope when this is all over that not a word of this proves to have been necessary to say.

I guess they're pretty much ready here in AZ, but the FBI hasn't noted any confirmed threats against the AZ capitol. I'm 2 hours away and have no intention of heading there. The sun just came up a little while ago, and from all indications, it looks like an ordinary quiet Sunday morning.

esmith

Veteran Member
Yeah walked into the garage one afternoon and found 5 raccoons, but the worst is when I turned a corner around the house and came face-to-face with a badger(by the time I got a shotgun it was long gone).
Well our whistle pigs have a tendency to carry bubonic plague. They make excellent targets for a varmit rifle.
Yeah they seem to frown on using poison in lawyers and politicans dens. However I uderstand you can trap them using money; then where do you relocate them though.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I guess that means @Valjean had better be careful if he goes near either of you guys.

pearl

Is it possible that the target states are those unfriendly towards Trump? We here have a Republican governor, but who announced in 2016 he would not be voting for Trump.