• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Battle of the Fast Food

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hopefully he didn't do what Jimmy John Liautaud allegedly did. There was a story that circulated with believable consistency that he visited one of his stores in Chicago to get lunch. Apparently the sandwich was made wrong, or not up to his standards. Rather than gather the crew up in the back and explain what they could improve on (y'know, like an adult), he threw the sandwich at the in-shop staff.

I would've legitimately lost my gorram job that day. Don't care who you are or how rich you are, that's not right.

Oh, I love a food fight...

But he misunderstands. He only has one sandwich. The crew has endless ingredients... Not a good battle to engage in.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It's weird to me how much Taco Bell's menu varies from country to country.

I remember all the outcry when they took potatoes off the menu. I was like "you had potatoes on the menu?"

In the pre-plague times when international travel was still a thing, I'd be over in Michigan fairly often. A few times, I'd go into a Taco Bell and not know what to order; the menu would be completely different. No fries supreme, no loaded grillers... it was like I was in some other chain.
Yes, I was disappointed when they took the potatoes off; but I didn't write letters. I commented on it here though...in the random meaningless announcements I think. They seem to have things that they add and then remove from the menus. I'm not sure why.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I was disappointed when they took the potatoes off; but I didn't write letters. I commented on it here though...in the random meaningless announcements I think. They seem to have things that they add and then remove from the menus. I'm not sure why.

We still have potatoes...

I was livid about the removal of the Volcano Menu.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't contribute to the conversation except by contrasting fast food chains to street vendors in Mexico, who provide approximately the same service.

Fast food chains are rare outside of Mexico's large cities. My community has about 40,000 people living here, about 20% foreigners like me. The only fast food chains we have are Subway and Dominoes.

But we have many, many roadside stands selling what could be called fast food. The food's already cooking when you get there, the menu is small, and it's fast, hot, and inexpensive:

mexican-street-food-31-X3.jpg

Mexicans wouldn't know what to do with a Taco Bell. For starters, they wouldn't recognize the tacos as tacos. For Mexicans, the wrappings are soft tortillas (they don't break), the meat is shredded or cubed rather than ground and is often chicken or pork, and you won't find shredded cheese in them; lime, guacamole, and cilantro are common:

10340387373_47d134530b_k.jpg

pearl

Which fast food is the best ever?

Guess it depends on what you're in the mood for. Years ago we used to get fish & chips from a little whole in the wall place only open of Fridays. Always wrapped in brown paper, no styrofoam, it ruins it.
Thanks to covid all the fast food places here deliver through a third party.
Its not unusual for us to order pizza from two different places. My husband and I love 'Jason's Pizza, been going there since the kids were very young. But daughter and grandson prefer others, like the kind you 'fold' to eat.
One of our favorite places is in Rhode Island, Flo's clam shack, you place your order and are handed a rock with a number on it.

Here in my new home, folk have taken to both ironically and unironically calling Chik-fil-A "The Lord's Chicken".

I refuse to patronize it on moral grounds.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I feel like Taco bell has struck a good bargain. The workers seem cared for, the food is yummy, and you can get food for cheap or go bigger. They've recently brought back the spicy potato soft taco, too; with its yummy sauce. It costs 1$ here, so theoretically you can go through the drive through and order two of those and be good for 2$.
They got rid of just about everything I liked there about a year ago.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry but I am unfamiliar with it. Did you ever hear of those taco shells made of a giant Dorito? What about the choco-taco?

Yeah, my kid and husband liked the Dorito shells. Are they gone now, too?

I do remember the choco-taco... those have been gone for awhile, I think.

They got rid of just about everything I liked there about a year ago.

I think the first time I went there after the menu change, I just drove off because they didn't have either item I wanted. (7 layer burrito and the quesarito had to be ordered online)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My favorite pizzas are California style, with Mountain Mikes and Me n Eds being my favorites.
My favorite burgers are Habit Burger and In-n-Out. If I'm in Bakersfield it's John's Burgers (I highly recommend; there's a reason the wall is plastered with "best burger" plaques spanning many years).
I also like Popeyes. They have an awesome chicken sandwich and I'm growing fond of the blackened chicken strips.
Subway is another one I frequent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I do remember the choco-taco... those have been gone for awhile, I think.
I think they're still around, mostly in gas stations in such. Revoltingest likes them, so he could tell you more. I had one a couple years because I remembered liking them as a kid, but as an adult it just didn't please.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Al Bawadi (in the greater Chicago area) has outstanding Middle Eastern / Palestinian cuisine. Now if could only find a top quality shakshuka ...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Speaking of tacos, is it my imagination or has someone obsoleted the really fantastic corn tortillas available in my youth? Also, I'd gladly pay premium for some decent homemade tamales.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'm trying to decide whether the teriyaki places outnumber the Pho places--I think we have more Pho places. You can't go wrong with Pho noodle soup or a Banh Mi sandwich.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel like Taco bell has struck a good bargain. The workers seem cared for, the food is yummy, and you can get food for cheap or go bigger. They've recently brought back the spicy potato soft taco, too; with its yummy sauce. It costs 1$ here, so theoretically you can go through the drive through and order two of those and be good for 2$.
A dollar?!! It always amazes me how cheap some food in the US is. Then again, maybe that’s because you guys don’t have an “offical” minimum wage. So I guess I shouldn’t be that shocked

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So in Australiastan whilst there is a battle of the fast food restaurants, I feel like Americanstan has like doubt the amount at least of places.
So stake a claim and argue for your preferred pizza, fried chicken, burrito whatever you prefer. Anything goes. Your local pizza shop has the best ever pizza? Explain why? Same if you have the best Wendy’s in town. (For the record we don’t have a Wendy’s. Or Popeyes. Which I thoroughly enjoyed when I visited the USA.)
Which fast food is the best ever?
Swiss chalet. But they ran back to Canada. *Sigh*

Not sure if all regard it as fast food though but I view it as an inbetween-er.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh that sounds interesting. What kind of food did they serve?
Chicken Rotisserie , fries , ribs and that oh so good magical Swiss Chalet sauce.

I swear it was like a drug addiction, except it was Chicken Ribs and that intoxicating sauce!

Oh mannn. Withdrawal ....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Chicken Rotisserie , fries , ribs and that oh so good magical Swiss Chalet sauce.

I swear I was like a drug addiction except it was Chicken Ribs and that intoxicating sauce!

Oh mannn. Withdrawal ....
Oh that sounds delish!