• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

basal metabolic rate(BMR)

frbnsn

Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the total number of calories that your body needs to perform basic, life-sustaining functions. These basal functions include circulation, breathing, cell production, nutrient processing, protein synthesis, and ion transport.
It is a start for heath, very important...Do you know yours?!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the total number of calories that your body needs to perform basic, life-sustaining functions. These basal functions include circulation, breathing, cell production, nutrient processing, protein synthesis, and ion transport.
My BMR is around 1760 Calories a day :)

HonestJoe

Is it that important though? How would knowing my BMR alone inform my behaviour. I already try to eat a relatively moderate and balanced diet and remain in decent health as a result. I’m not convinced that focusing too much on technical numbers, especially without any detailed understanding of their basis and meaning, can’t cause more harm than good. I think the popularisation of BMI is a classic example of that.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Is it that important though? How would knowing my BMR alone inform my behaviour. I already try to eat a relatively moderate and balanced diet and remain in decent health as a result. I’m not convinced that focusing too much on technical numbers, especially without any detailed understanding of their basis and meaning, can’t cause more harm than good. I think the popularisation of BMI is a classic example of that.
Agree. People have stayed healthy for millennia without knowing their basal metabolic rate.

The OP looks like a piece of incompetent spam, in which the spammer has forgotten to include the link that he wants the spammee to visit. :D

Also he says it is a start for heath. Heath Robinson?

frbnsn

Dear HonestJoe,
eating balanced and moderate diet is good, congratulations! BMR determines the body's average calorie requirement for a more conscious diet and for a healthier life...
Don't you listen to your body?

HonestJoe

Yes, but that’s my point. I’m not convinced a singular artificial measure offers any kind of benefit to dietary health. Much like BMI, it is designed to be just one element of a wider picture assessed by someone with some expertise in the field.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Dear HonestJoe,
eating balanced and moderate diet is good, congratulations! BMR determines the body's average calorie requirement for a more conscious diet and for a healthier life...
What does that actually mean, given that everybody is to some degree aware of how they feel?