• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbed Wire

Mark Dohle

image.jpeg.3385d3a61f8cce52fd9e8719ab757ee8.jpeg

Barbed-Wire

There are some people that I find easier to understand than others. One way I like to express it or in these terms: “Their outsides are like my insides”. This statement is borrowed from a saying in the 12th step program.

People who are very angry and are free to express it, who are quick to react to outside influence and to feel justified in
whatever they do…. speak to me of my own inner struggle, my inner wounds as well as my strengths, for I believe that they are all mixed together.

Anger reminds me of barbed wire. We all know what it is and how dangerous it can be if someone tries to climb over it.
It cuts deeply and if someone gets wrapped up in it, it can even lead to death I would think. Barbed wire is used to keep things in, as
well as to keep things out. It cuts both ways for that is what it does. It protects as well as repels.

A heart that is very angry, or filled with revenge, or with extreme impatience with others, is surrounded by this barbed wire and it cuts both ways.
Anger/rage seeks to protect the person who is consumed by it. People who fail them, or hurt them are ejected instantly
so as the years go by, one length of barbed wire slowly becomes a cage, wherein any movement of the heart causes injury and further pain. In the end,rage becomes a fire that will leave only the ashes of what was once human.

I still have some bared wire, maybe more than one length that still seeks to protect me. Yet as I move on in life, the life of Christ grows, a gift, all I need do is to desire for this ever-growing life, seek it, and simply trust.

Rage as opposed to simple anger can have very deep roots and is irrational in how it responds to those around them.I believe that this is a common struggle for mankind, one that perhaps we often lose, yet we continue to strive to overcome

The life that we live moves forward to the left or the right, or up or down, there is always movement. It does not matter what metaphor is used, it simply states that we never rest; we are always going somewhere. We can live by simple instinct, which is not all that good, for instinct is a reaction. In humans we are not bound by our instincts, so they go wild, and crazy and can lead not only to the harm of others but the self-destruction of the one who allows themselves to sink into it.-Br.MD