• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baptism

Ms. Em

Hi! My name is Em,

I have a simple question. Is it true that once a person is baptized, then that is enough, I know that it wont hurt to get re-babtized, but is it necessary by God? Or is it true that once a person is Baptized, then they are baptized for good?

Thanks So Much In Advance,

Em

natasja

God reads your heart. Baptism is a public expression. A ritual, not a transformation -- the transformation happens inside, and only God can see that. That is how I understand baptism, and how I understand God to be.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi Em, I believe that we are baptized one time only, if we turn away from God, then turn back with a true repentant heart he will forgive us, I believe there is no need to be rebaptized every time we turn away and turn back again..

Ms. Em

Thanks guys, that was really helpful, I have been struggling with this for some time now.

You really helped me!

reddogs

God reads your heart. Baptism is a public expression. A ritual, not a transformation -- the transformation happens inside, and only God can see that. That is how I understand baptism, and how I understand God to be.
Excellent reply