• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Doodlebug02

How does one know when they are baptised by the Holy Spirit? I know that I am but I don't know how I know. I guess it is because I can pray in tongues. I have no idea what if any necessary indicators there are. Does anybody know? :confused:

A

angellous_evangellous

It would be best to talk with your pastor about this...

Dinner123

How does one know when they are baptised by the Holy Spirit? I know that I am but I don't know how I know. I guess it is because I can pray in tongues. I have no idea what if any necessary indicators there are. Does anybody know? :confused:
In Acts chapter 2 they spoke in other tongues as the Spirit gave the utterance. That is how it is easy to know for sure you have been baptised in the holy Spirit.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Meh, while I'm here, I might as well make a useful contribution. You know you're baptized with the Holy Spirit when you're baptized in water in the name of the Holy Trinity (see Matthew 28:19, the Didache, Acts 2, Titus 3:15, 1 Peter 3)

Dinner123

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Meh, while I'm here, I might as well make a useful contribution. You know you're baptized with the Holy Spirit when you're baptized in water in the name of the Holy Trinity (see Matthew 28:19, the Didache, Acts 2, Titus 3:15, 1 Peter 3)
Lol. Well, there are so few threads in this section; it doesn't seem to matter.

I don't get the connection with Titus 3:15. Care to explain?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Lol. Well, there are so few threads in this section; it doesn't seem to matter.
Lol true.

I don't get the connection with Titus 3:15. Care to explain?
That's what I get for slapping down a verse number out of blind memory, lol. I was close, at least... I really meant Titus 3:5, which goes, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,"

Dinner123

Lol true.

That's what I get for slapping down a verse number out of blind memory, lol. I was close, at least... I really meant Titus 3:5, which goes, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,"
That could mean baptism.