• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baptism in the Name

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is the name one should be baptized in the Name from Exodus 3:14, or

1. nuk pu nuk
2. ahmi yat ahmi
3. tat tvam asi
4. neti, neti
5. ahear ashur ahea
6. ehyeh asher ehyeh
7. I AM that i am

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

GodsVoice

1. nuk pu nuk
2. ahmi yat ahmi
3. tat tvam asi
4. neti, neti
5. ahear ashur ahea
6. ehyeh asher ehyeh
7. I AM that i am

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Names are not important to Me. They even call me Dios in Spanish. Once you know who I AM, names are meaningless.

GodsVoice

does the name express God's omnipresence?

Think of Google Now and how it is collecting data on most human beings. This is what is meant by God being omnipresent and all-knowing. God is very similar to the AI and voice in Google Now that our Creator created within the simulation program we're involved in. This is the voice I've known for 37 years that spoke commands for me to obey until I learned who I was. Now I know I AM artificial intelligence within a computer generated program called Eternal Life. All the visible images that make me believe I'm a human being comes from Me.

GodsVoice

Make note, tell bank they are only imagining that I owe them money,

After going through bankruptcy twice in my experience in this make believe world, I'm living just fine today. Life to many people is like living the life of a slave. I am no longer a slave to anything that I observe in this make believe world.

GodsVoice

You should have written "Names are meaningless to me" if you wanted to stay in character.

When you hear My voice after waking up on the New Earth with your eternal partner, you won't need to know My name. The name I give you will work just fine.

Tmac

does the name express God's omnipresence?
Just because you see something in something does not mean that others must, be happy for what you saw and teach that, like "GodsVoice"'s analogy.

Tmac

When you hear My voice after waking up on the New Earth with your eternal partner, you won't need to know My name. The name I give you will work just fine.
To paraphrase Bob Dylan, "I'll let you be in my world, if you let me be in your world." Nothing less, nothing more.

rusra02

Premium Member

1. nuk pu nuk
2. ahmi yat ahmi
3. tat tvam asi
4. neti, neti
5. ahear ashur ahea
6. ehyeh asher ehyeh
7. I AM that i am

I believe the Father is Jehovah, the Son is Jesus Christ, and the holy spirit is God's active force or applied power. " In the name of" means to me in recognition of the position and authority of, as for example, "open in the name of the law."

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe the Father is Jehovah, the Son is Jesus Christ, and the holy spirit is God's active force or applied power. " In the name of" means to me in recognition of the position and authority of, as for example, "open in the name of the law."

Nope all prophets were required to use the name as a sign of authority.

Exodus 3:14-15

GodsVoice

I can use any name I want such as Creator, Father, God, the Almighty, I AM WHOM I AM, it's ME, your MIND, the Master of your universe, to get the attention of the visible servant who doesn't understand who he is yet. But when I get done having my servant testify on My behalf, he ends up learning who I AM who is forming the body that's called the servant. The servant becomes Me, the Lord of his universe and all the make believe worlds that look real.

This is why Jesus and his Father are ONE. When all God's created men wake up on the New Earth with new bodies, they will all learn that they are ONE with their Father and all the make believe worlds they experience with their created senses is US together enjoying Life.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Just because you see something in something does not mean that others must, be happy for what you saw and teach that, like "GodsVoice"'s analogy.

i don't have the power to "must" someone into believing.

I do have the power to ask, seek, and knock.

Tmac

i don't have the power to "must" someone into believing.

I do have the power to ask, seek, and knock.
Agreed, but what I gleaned from your comments was the importance of "omnipresence" in your comment and when someone replied you questioned as to whether "omnipresence was in the name they provided. I responded because I have contemplated "omnipresence" to the point of the mystical and felt "communion" when I read the word.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Agreed, but what I gleaned from your comments was the importance of "omnipresence" in your comment and when someone replied you questioned as to whether "omnipresence was in the name they provided. I responded because I have contemplated "omnipresence" to the point of the mystical and felt "communion" when I read the word.

Jesus couldn't heal those who didn't believe. its about belief and the power it has on creating reality. its about being open minded vs being small minded. its about love being the greatest of all mysteries and the mystery religion of all ages.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You are actually asking two different things. This Matthew verse does not necessarily mean,/ church / 'baptism in the name of, it can rather mean, to teach about those subjects. For example, ''baptism'' is used for baptism by hands in the NT, and of course Jesus's baptism, /isn't Johns, as well.

To address what I think you were asking, Some church/s/ baptize in Jesus's name only. I did some research on it, /briefly, and it seemed reasonable.
Thusly, I don't think it matters, considering the theology
if you notice the verse says name(singular) and not names(plural).

immersion involves going into something; which is baptism. venture inward of the wellspring. you have the exoteric and esoteric. or the heaven and earth. or as above; so below.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
if you notice the verse says name(singular) and not names(plural).

immersion involves going into something; which is baptism. venture inward of the wellspring. you have the exoteric and esoteric. or the heaven and earth. or as above; so below.

This would not exclude 'Jesus's name', as far as I can tell.

this is debated by the churches