• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bannon removed from National Security Council Role

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's chief strategist, has been removed from his permanent seat at the National Security Council, multiple sources tell CNN, moving the council into a more traditional format.

The decision, which one source with knowledge said was made by Trump himself, comes after the President in January authorized the reorganization of the National Security Council to include Bannon as a permanent member of the panel.
In reversal, Bannon removed from National Security Council role - CNNPolitics.com

This is good move by the administration. Takes away some of the unnecessary oversight and it looks like Trump and company are at least content with the state of the NSC. I am not going to read into this too much since it seems like he was there to perform a role/certain task and that task is over.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too bad.
Bruce Bannon would be a real asset in defending the country....if someone makes him angry.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, I'm curious.....
I know people don't like Steve, but would posters list specific reasons for me?
In particular, I'd like to know about philosophical & political views.

Really....it's just curiosity.
I'm not laying a trap.
(Don't listen to General Akbar.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He thinks Immigration is destroying the west.
He founded Breitbart.

I don't need anything else to discredit him as someone with dangerous philosophies.
Don't be shy....I just want to know what people think that he thinks.
Links help too, since I've not paid him much attention....it's cuz he seems icky.

Quetzal

Premium Member
He was the executive chair for Breitbart. Breitbart, in my opinion, is a key player perpetuating misinformation that is inexcusably biased toward the far/alt right. For that, he has earned a permanent spot on my @#$% list.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He was the executive chair for Breitbart. Breitbart, in my opinion, is a key player perpetuating misinformation that is inexcusably biased toward the far/alt right. For that, he has earned a permanent spot on my @#$% list.
I find Breitbart interesting & worthwhile to check in on.
Loopy though it be, I find some interesting news items worth looking somewhere else.
It provides balance with NPR....so I don't list when I walk.

Thus, saying he created the site doesn't adequately address what he believes.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Works for some, not for others. I don't look down on people who check it out. But that is the main reason why I dislike Bannon. To be fair, if a CNN executive ran along side a political candidate, I would have choice words for them, too!

Bob the Unbeliever

Bannon removed from National Security role.

By all accounts? This will affect exactly nothing-- as it was clear Bannon dismissed his role there-- he reportedly never bothered to attend a single meeting.

Why should he? He already thinks he knows everything there is to know that's Real Truth™. He has little need for other people's opinions about, well, anything.

He is never bothered by such pesky things as "facts"....

.... preferring instead, to invent his own.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Hey, I'm curious.....

I'm not laying a trap.
He's a white nationalist. I'd say that's grounds to dislike him. And to pray he's hit by a bus

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why would anyone in their right mind have picked Bannon to begin with?

Oh, I forgot-- Trump picked him-- answers that question.

jonathan180iq

Hey, I'm curious.....

I'm not laying a trap.
I'll offer softer edges here and not call Bannon a White Nationalist, just for ****s and giggles. He is, however, admittedly a Nationalist. I don't believe in the idea of "Nationalism" at all. Strike 1.
(Adding a racial aspect to it amplifies the problem. This could be three strikes on it's own.)

Breitbart is a far-flung Right Wing soapbox. It blurs the line between satire and actual opinion, leaving its readers unsure about which is which. That's not necessarily a problem by itself - but it can cause problems, even assuming the benefit of the doubt. It's a haven for white supremacists and conspiracy theorists for a reason... Half strike.

He's a mass deconstructionist. Even in my harder Punk days, I didn't believe in arbitrarily dismantling the whole of the system just to prove a point, which is what Bannon's rhetoric specifically calls for. "Deconstruction of the administrative State..." Putting people who are openly opposed to certain agencies in charge of those agencies is a sure-fire way of achieving that goal. "Cabinet members were chosen for a reason, and that reason is deconstruction." Strike 2.5

He's an abusive, alcoholic womanizer... It's a bit of a low blow to let personal flaws cloud judgement - but it's a bit hard to stomach someone who rallies the Evangelical vote also being someone with a history of angry drunken exploits. Grabbing your wife by the throat, bruising her wrists, calling her a " crazy f-cking c-nt!" and threatening to leave her and his daughters without support is not something that happen to a good man, even on a bad day... (Sexual harassment allegations seem to follow him everywhere he goes.) Strike 3.5

He's a loon...
He has written that he believes The Washington Post, NPR, the ACLU, CIA & FBI are all part of some sort of plot to establish an Islamic Republic here in the US... I mean, WTF? And this guy has direct access to "advising" the president. (Listen closely to what Trump has to say and you can hear the voice of Steve Bannon. The whole inauguration speech, written by Bannon, probably made the guy jizz in his jeans. )
Strike 4.5

(You only get 3 strikes in baseball...)

tytlyf

Not Religious
Loopy though it be, I find some interesting news items worth looking somewhere else.
It provides balance with NPR....
Breitbart and other 'new' conservative media outlets aren't into journalism, they're into making a buck. To compare breitbart to NPR is nutty. Breitbart doesn't care about journalism, evidence or the truth. Not much balance with that.

Bannon being hired by Trump shows his lack of judgement.

esmith

Veteran Member
Breitbart and other 'new' conservative media outlets aren't into journalism, they're into making a buck. To compare breitbart to NPR is nutty. Breitbart doesn't care about journalism, evidence or the truth. Not much balance with that.
Is the only tune you know?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

Bannon being hired by Trump shows his lack of judgement.
Comparing Breitbart with NPR demonstrates a pretty alarming lack of appreciation for actual journalism.

Breitbart has more in common with Buzzfeed.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Is the only tune you know?
Only tune? You mean facts and the truth? Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious......don't hate me because you think they're the real journalists and everything else is fake.